Hacking Choosing GBA Flashcard help!

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hi.
(This forum is called GBATemp but there isn't anymore GBA section...lol)
I wanna buy a cheap GBA Flashcard because I need to run my backup and some homebrew on my GBA SP.
Thinking about buying this: http://shoptemp.net/products/EZ-3%2din%2d1-Fat-Version.html
Still too expensive but it's the cheapest that I found.
Can this work with ONLY gba sp?
If yes, do I need any usb cable? Or micro SD?

If not, what flashcard is the cheapest? I don't wanna spend 30/40€ for a GBA flashcard...
Any help?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Err http://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo-gba-discussions.32/ Granted it is in the other handhelds section these days, which I guess you would have had to have clicked on to get to start this...

Anyway that is a GBA sized 3 in 1. If you have a DS you can flash a single game to it and have it run on a GBA, however most people use it as an expansion pack with their DS or DS lite and a DS slot flash cart. The GBA sized flavour is more expensive because they have not been made in a while and people wanting to make reproduction cards and the like bought them up.

Anyway other than the 3 in 1 there are two, maybe three standalone GBA flash carts worth considering that you will find around these days.

The EZ4. For many years the only viable choice for a standalone GBA flash cart. Plays pretty much everything, supports SDHC, does not have real time clock (needed for pokemon games named for gems, boktai and Rockman 4.5, all of which do technically have patches).
The fire cards. Very small old NOR based carts -- when they say 256Mbit or 128Mbit (32 and 16 megabytes if you are not used to the sizing method) they mean it. They are however standalone flash carts. Should you be able to find one then you might find one going quite cheap.
The everdrive X5. New kid on the block, seems to clock around $99 USD which is quite a bit. It does however have the ability to run games without patching and has a real time clock, unlike the others.

You may see some supercards for sale. These are not good GBA flash carts -- slowdowns, glitches, incompatibility... just generally bad. If you find one on the street then you might be able to play some GBA games. By similar token avoid the EZ4 lite compact, the m3 professional and definitely avoid the supercard rumble.

If you are more used to cheap and cheerful DS flash carts costing $15 then great, those are DS flash carts though and a different concept entirely.

D

Deleted-355425

If you go down the everdrive option, i would wait as there is a better release in the works.

hii915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go down the everdrive option, i would wait as there is a better release in the works.
but more then likely more expensive and 100$ is pushing it for a lot of people. and besides if you dont need save states and dont mind the added size there is really no point.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I really don't care about RTS or these "addictional things".
Then should I buy ez or everdrive?
They are so expensive for me...

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the most reliable, legit and cheap website (free shipping etc.) for USA buyers of ezflash iv

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
checked reviews even on gba-temp regarding that website. some say that its a scam as well. (search nds-car legit using google and one link was of gba temp)

also nds-card is japanese right?

also want to pay using credit card. (not paypal etc.)

hii915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
checked reviews even on gba-temp regarding that website. some say that its a scam as well. (search nds-car legit using google and one link was of gba temp)

also nds-card is japanese right?

also want to pay using credit card. (not paypal etc.)
No, no.
Just go on the website and you will have all your answers

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i ordered ezflash from 3dsflashkart.com on september 1 (its been 2 weeks). card has not been received but payment was taken immediately
also the order status says "processing". i tried contacting using the website messaging and the skype link on the website.

1. is this normal?
2. how much time should it take for the card to reach USA from hongkong using this website?
3. Any advice?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the site but for the average China/Hong Kong site then yes as they usually use the cheapest and slowest shipping (especially if you picked free). 4 to 6 weeks is not unheard of for a lot of these China/HK sites, and a lot of the time it will not be updated and still say processing.

You can try emailing them if you like but for the most part it is hurry up and wait.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting to see if a X3 ED comes out. Hopefully normal cart size without RTC. I like the X5 but don't like the dimensions. I'm guessing a $70 price tag.

If a X7 is released what extras would it have? maybe does everything the X5 does but smaller form factor? Can't think of much else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)