Choose Sky3ds+ or Gateway to fit my needs.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kurodax, Jan 10, 2016.

1. kurodax
    OP

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    Ok, i know maybe there are some topic ask about this, but this one is a little bit different. I already had a N3ds 9.2 with rxtools, everything works, but sometime you can't find a game you need in .cia, so i think i need a card for .3ds (and maybe something else).
    The things is sky3ds+ work alone and don't do anything with emunand, so it's safe and don't have some confict maybe exist like Gateway. On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience.
    I like to keep my 3ds safe, so the first flash card i got it's the sky3ds. But now, i also want some other things, so it's really confuse me. Money it isn't a matter.
    So what should i choose ?

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Just send me your n3ds, I know exactly what to do with it.

3. kurodax
    OP

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    Pee on it to show dominance ?

GotKrypto67 likes this.
  4. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    You can convert 3ds roms to cia. Gateway team say they will support systems up to 10.3 whereas sky3ds+ works on any system version. If you don't mind using emunand, I say go for Gateway. It has proven to be a much better choice overtime.

5. kurodax
    OP

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    so if gateway support 10.3 emunand, rxtools to 9.5, so what do i do then ? delete all my save file and start over again ? The emunand things with 2 different way it's very confuse sometime.

6. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    No. Copy your save files using savedata manager and use them on your roms. Out of curiosity, what games that you didn't find as cia?

7. kurodax
    OP

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone. i can find dlc, but not the game in .cia.

8. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    You can convert the .3ds to .cia with this.

kurodax likes this.
  9. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Get a Gateway 3DS, it uses the same EmuNAND as RxTools.
    Just requires launching it via the Gateway launcher.

Also it means easier game installs (copy paste) and doesn't risk bricking your EmuNAND.
    Plus it's like 26 bucks less then the Sky3DS Plus.

Last edited by DaftMink, Jan 10, 2016
  10. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    if Gateway is a possibility for you I would absolutely go with Gateway, definitely. It has the OSD which makes it so much easier and the in-game cheat menu.

What exactly do you mean by " On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience. "?

11. kurodax
    OP

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    gateway and rxtools both use emunand so they can backup each other, but they might cause some confict.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

thanks mate, i will try this one.