Hacking Choose Sky3ds+ or Gateway to fit my needs.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i know maybe there are some topic ask about this, but this one is a little bit different. I already had a N3ds 9.2 with rxtools, everything works, but sometime you can't find a game you need in .cia, so i think i need a card for .3ds (and maybe something else).
The things is sky3ds+ work alone and don't do anything with emunand, so it's safe and don't have some confict maybe exist like Gateway. On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience.
I like to keep my 3ds safe, so the first flash card i got it's the sky3ds. But now, i also want some other things, so it's really confuse me. Money it isn't a matter.
So what should i choose ?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i know maybe there are some topic ask about this, but this one is a little bit different. I already had a N3ds 9.2 with rxtools, everything works, but sometime you can't find a game you need in .cia, so i think i need a card for .3ds (and maybe something else).
The things is sky3ds+ work alone and don't do anything with emunand, so it's safe and don't have some confict maybe exist like Gateway. On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience.
I like to keep my 3ds safe, so the first flash card i got it's the sky3ds. But now, i also want some other things, so it's really confuse me. Money it isn't a matter.
So what should i choose ?

You can convert 3ds roms to cia. Gateway team say they will support systems up to 10.3 whereas sky3ds+ works on any system version. If you don't mind using emunand, I say go for Gateway. It has proven to be a much better choice overtime.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
You can convert 3ds roms to cia. Gateway team say they will support systems up to 10.3 whereas sky3ds+ works on any system version. If you don't mind using emunand, I say go for Gateway. It has proven to be a much better choice overtime.

so if gateway support 10.3 emunand, rxtools to 9.5, so what do i do then ? delete all my save file and start over again ? The emunand things with 2 different way it's very confuse sometime.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
so if gateway support 10.3 emunand, rxtools to 9.5, so what do i do then ? delete all my save file and start over again ? The emunand things with 2 different way it's very confuse sometime.

No. Copy your save files using savedata manager and use them on your roms. Out of curiosity, what games that you didn't find as cia?

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a Gateway 3DS, it uses the same EmuNAND as RxTools.
Just requires launching it via the Gateway launcher.

Also it means easier game installs (copy paste) and doesn't risk bricking your EmuNAND.
Plus it's like 26 bucks less then the Sky3DS Plus.

Last edited by DaftMink,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
if Gateway is a possibility for you I would absolutely go with Gateway, definitely. It has the OSD which makes it so much easier and the in-game cheat menu.

What exactly do you mean by " On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience. "?

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
if Gateway is a possibility for you I would absolutely go with Gateway, definitely. It has the OSD which makes it so much easier and the in-game cheat menu.

What exactly do you mean by " On the other hand, Gateway can works with rxtools to have better gaming experience. "?

gateway and rxtools both use emunand so they can backup each other, but they might cause some confict.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can convert the .3ds to .cia with this.
thanks mate, i will try this one.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    Maybe? Depends on if your wife likes playing racing games.
    Mario kart is a pretty good game.
  • T @ tungns:
    my wife've never play video games
    No? Missing out.
  • T @ tungns:
    at least that's what i've known
  • T @ tungns:
    there's onetime she kind of interest
  • T @ tungns:
    is when i'm playing RE7
  • T @ tungns:
    but i'm too scare to playing the game pass the first chapter
    +1
    I haven't played that game.
  • T @ tungns:
    that game is scary af
    I don't like scary games as much.
  • T @ tungns:
    yeah me too. My wife asked me to continue the game
  • T @ tungns:
    and i uninstalled the game
  • T @ tungns:
    did you like FF series?
    Was it at least a good game? Aside from all the scariness I mean.
    Final fantasy? I've only played a bit of one of the games. I think I played a decent amount of FF 5 for DS.
    But I really can't remember much about that series. I've seen my dad play whatever one was remastered on the PS4.
  • T @ tungns:
    well i've never played pass the first chapter so i cannot say if it good or not. But it sure scary af
  • T @ tungns:
    the remaster
  • T @ tungns:
    i've allway hate those
  • T @ tungns:
    i mean there's no improve at all
  • T @ tungns:
    only character model + build in cheat
  • T @ tungns:
    why would i want cheat in FF game anyway
    T @ tungns: why would i want cheat in FF game anyway