Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a 3.0.0 Switch and already had AutoRCM enabled from Hekate.

I have used ChoiDujourNX to upgrade my Switch to 5.1.0+exfat to play some newer games, and while using the tool I didn't realise that the AutoRCM checkbox was enabled by default.

Does this now mean that my switch has two different AutoRCM? and if that is the case, I suppose I need to disable them both (the one from Hekate and the one from ChoiDujourNX) if I ever want to boot my Switch with N's horizon. Right?

Thanks for this great tool
No because ChoiDujourNX overwrites the boot0 to update your firmware (it is firmware specific) so it wouldn't have mattered if AutoRCM was enabled beforehand or not; what matters is whether you enabled it with ChoiDujourNX during the installation or not.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a 2nd Switch and it's on 3.0.0. I'd like to update to 5.1 or 6.0 without burning any fuses (currently 3). I tried running ReiNX, but it just stalls on a black screen after flashing the ReiNX splash screen, and then the Nintendo Logo. Is it because my memory card is in ExFAT format and I don't have the ExFAT update yet?

I have a Macbook w/ Parallels and Windows 7 (64-bit). What's the easiest way for me to do what I need to do? I've already backuped up my full NAND.

Also, I've tried the various tutorials for installing just the ExFat update, and keep running into issues.

Last edited by lickwid,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a 2nd Switch and it's on 3.0.0. I'd like to update to 5.1 or 6.0 without burning any fuses (currently 3). I tried running ReiNX, but it just stalls on a black screen after flashing the ReiNX splash screen, and then the Nintendo Logo. Is it because my memory card is in ExFAT format and I don't have the ExFAT update yet?

I have a Macbook w/ Parallels and Windows 7 (64-bit). What's the easiest way for me to do what I need to do? I've already backuped up my full NAND.
Format the SD card to FAT32 before running ChoiDujourNX if your console doesn't support exFAT yet.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the SD card to FAT32 before running ChoiDujourNX if your console doesn't support exFAT yet.

Thanks, that fixed it. Is there a benefit to going to 6.0 at this point, if I'm going to keep this one offline? I have my original Switch which I use for my real cartridges and the Online service. Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that fixed it. Is there a benefit to going to 6.0 at this point, if I'm going to keep this one offline? I have my original Switch which I use for my real cartridges and the Online service. Thanks.
Nothing requires firmware 6.0 as of yet so the only reason you would update to that firmware is if you want to play online which you already indicated you have no interest in with this console. However you may need to update once a game, update, or DLC requires that firmware.

Reactions: loler55

Hebulicore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stupid and hopefully I can help someone after figuring out how to fix my mistake.

I want to add during this process (not sure if normal) the switch took about 5 minutes to boot sometimes as is it was booting in slow motion. Do not power off the switch if you believe you booted it correctly or if it's hanging on the switch logo, mine eventually booted and started working normally afterwords.

To start this is what I did:
1. Downloaded ChoiDujourNX (link on first page from OP)
2. Downloaded software 6.0.0-50 (also on first page from OP, search for it)
3. I launched ChoiDujourNX from SX OS (yes it did work for me) and installed 6.0 from it, however I did the Non-exfat version while I was using an exfat card, my mistake.

At this point I could launch into 6.0 but since it didn't support the sd card I could not go into cfw/homebrew/access any games/apps. I'm banned from CDN so I can't download the update through Nintendo.
Now to the part where I fixed it.
1. I got my other sd card, an sdhc (pretty sure an shxc wouldnt work but not tested) but when trying to launch SX OS, it wouldn't detect the boot.dat even though it was on there and previously formatted by this switch.
2. On this sd card was 6.0.0-50 update, ChoiDujourNX, and boot.dat
3. To fix this I launched into 6.0 with the exfat card and once booted I took it out and put in the sdhc card with the update.
4. The switch will tell you to restart for the sd card DON'T RESTART, I went to the album and now SX OS was working. I then went to homebrew and updated to 6.0.0-50 with exfat and now everything works again.

I'm not very well educated on the proper ways to do these things, I winged it and fixed my mistake. If you have any questions add me on discord Chair#8045, don't message me on here I probably will not see it.

simme

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm currently sitting on 4.1 and looking to play online again so I've been thinking about using ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.0.
I've read several comments saying that the fuse count is part of the telemetry sent to Nintendo but has there been any record of someone getting banned while being completely "clean" (i.e. the only "crime" being the use of hekate to boot Horizon with a fuse count that doesn't match the firmware). CFW and homebrew is currently not as appealing as playing online but it'd be nice to keep the possibility to downgrade to 4.1.

Also, do we know what address to block to prevent the device from sending the telemetry that specifically includes fuse count?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on FW 4.1 and I can't launch this. It crashes my switch as soon as I launch this app... Any ideas?
  • Q: After selecting ChoiDujourNX from the homebrew menu, it tries to start but closes immediately (or gives me a FATAL error, or just hangs at a black screen) !
  • A: The debug svcs are not accessible to homebrew on your system. Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases) or add fullsvcperm=1 to your hekate launch profile. Additionally, if you are trying to run ChoiDujourNX on 1.0.0, you must also add debugmode=1 to your hekate launch profile (this is not required on 2.0.0 or newer, which allows read-only debugging without it).

Reactions: loler55

harmbasi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for that, I found that right after I posed that. Should have searched better before posting. The problem now is, my switch freezes on the Nintendo Switch logo screen... Any ideas?

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
this question was asked several times for sure...sorry...but I am unable to find an answer that I can understand (english is not my first language)

I use daily a Switch 3.0.1 fw exFat with autoRCM.

At the beginning...
I made a clean nand 3.0.1 backup in FAT32 files (clean backup)
Then I update to the same 3.0.1 with exFat support and I did a new backup.

Now I'd like to update to 5.1.0 firmware...I have this questions:
1 - could I avoid to make a restore of my clean 3.0.1 FAT32 nand?
2 - should I make a new NAND backup after updating to 5.1.0 ?
3 - I will never boot without autoRCM to avoid to burn my fuses...but I dont understand how to avoid controller firmware update.
Reading FAQ I understand that ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on my microsd with a with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target...How can I be sure to use always this target ?
As CFW my microSD is configurated to use RajNXv0751
4 - If I'll change CFW to ReiNX or Athmosphere..my controllers will be updated?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by xitpu,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didnt know 6.0.1 is out. I was trying to update a game and accidently agree the 6.0.1 update... gg for me, my "legitimacy" switch 4.1 fuse count is gone.:(

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I was on FW 6.0.0 with exfat (officially updated, exfat installed officially on 5.1.0). I ended up having to restore a 5.1.0 exfat NAND backup and after that I updated to 6.0.0 with exfat using choidujournx. It was working fine but then I went to update officially to 6.0.1 and it ended up removing exfat support and when prompted to update for exfat support it just says there's no update available. Is this the expected outcome or is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Solution - https://gbatemp.net/threads/6-0-1-released.520346/page-4#post-8326218

Last edited by fadx,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was on FW 6.0.0 with exfat (officially updated, exfat installed officially on 5.1.0). I ended up having to restore a 5.1.0 exfat NAND backup and after that I updated to 6.0.0 with exfat using choidujournx. It was working fine but then I went to update officially to 6.0.1 and it ended up removing exfat support and when prompted to update for exfat support it just says there's no update available. Is this the expected outcome or is there something I'm missing?
read this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/6-0-1-released.520346/page-4#post-8326218

Reactions: fadx

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys think mabey in the future ChoiDujourNX will be able to downgrade offline and gain functionaity to restore burned fuses?

Its seems to be a very promising and usefull program so far

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think mabey in the future ChoiDujourNX will be able to downgrade offline and gain functionaity to restore burned fuses?

Its seems to be a very promising and usefull program so far
ChoiDujourNX already lets you downgrade as long as you put the required firmware files on the SD card for it to install. However fuses are a permanent hardware modification that you cannot do unless you replace the console's motherboard.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can ChoiDujourNX be launched through SX OS homebew menu without any problems?

The not burning of fuses is optional correct ? I want to let it burn the same fuses that it would if I was updating from the nintendo servers! Only thing I have to do is disabled the 'prevent fuses to be burned' option and then reboot normally with CFW or OFW ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: