Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't downgrade using this right?

You cannot downgrade below your fuse-set.

However, if you have a rare 1.00 switch, and update using this method to 5.1, you can downgrade all the way back to 1.00 again, ASSUMING you block the cartridge slot update.
This is because this method does not burn any fuses.

Reactions: CatmanFan

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can downgrade to whatever firm you want using this, and as long as you boot to RCM using the method it puts in place or otherwise, you skip the fuse check. if you disable AuroRCM, it won't boot on that firm.

i know i missed the naming discourse by a couple pages but Choi and Dujour are probably a reference to the Matrix characters (the software client and the girl with the white rabbit tattoo who invite him to the club). it's clearly a ref by the Wachowskis to the French word "choix" and the phrase "choix du jour" (and that concept is a big theme of the films) but the spelling in the software matches the characters' names exactly.

Neo gives Choi software, and makes the choice of the day, so that's a good set of double-meanings for the name of the program

Last edited by shchmue,

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 switches on 4.1. One has update to exFAT the other not. Is there a way to install exFAT on the one without exFAT from the one with exFAT using ChoiDujourNX?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
or just use the newer hbloader... its in the same place as it is in my zip, but with "atmosphere" renamed to "ReiNX", as I've mentioned multiple times in the thread.
another reason not to use it because all the illegal packs they distribute contain pre-patched sysmodules, so you will likely not be able to boot after you firmware upgrade... as you are now trying to load an older firmware's sysmodule code instead of the version it's supposed to be (your sample ini mentions a FS.kip which will absolutely break once you change your firmware version too)...

you guys must have missed it a couple pages back but hall I needed to run reinx menu through the latest hekate with 5.1 choidujour was :
Code:
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
I think ths is what Rajkosto meant, much cleaner IMHO.

(no gc because I'm on 3.0.1 originally. 4.0+ guys don't need it...until nintendo introduced a new cartridge format/revision :P)

No it doesn't, choice is choix. That is as valid as my guess of cabbage (chou) - but I was trying to be funny rather than serious :). And today is aujourd'hui. I don't think "choi" is an actual word (maybe a slang word I don't know), so the name of the app might not mean anything.
@Cyan?
I'm glad you can teach a french man french, please, go on, very informative ^^ do I get to teach you english too or is that out of line ?

Reactions: daxtsu

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Quick question, say I have a 3.0 switch WITHOUT exFat support... if I want to run this and update to 5.1 + exFat, the SD I use TO update has to be on fat32? or it can be on exFat?

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, say I have a 3.0 switch WITHOUT exFat support... if I want to run this and update to 5.1 + exFat, the SD I use TO update has to be on fat32? or it can be on exFat?
you won't be able to read the exFAT card to get into hbmenu in the first place

I have 2 switches on 4.1. One has update to exFAT the other not. Is there a way to install exFAT on the one without exFAT from the one with exFAT using ChoiDujourNX?
yeah grab the SYSTEM:/Contents folder from the one with exFAT and put it on an SD to use with the tool on the other Switch

panni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

Thank you for all your hard work!

I'm on OFW 3.0.1/3.0.2 (Super Mario Oddysey). I don't have ExFAT support on my console yet.
- Do I still need to go the full route of https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/ to get the ExFAT support on my console, then upgrade to a current firmware using ChoiDuJourNX? Or can this be done by ChoiDuJourNX itself?
- Can I also extract the firmware packages from an NSP or do I need an XCI?

Thanks!

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
you won't be able to read the exFAT card to get into hbmenu in the first place

So I should launch everything with the sd on Fat32, and after updating, I can remove the SD, format it to exFAT, and put it back in with the CFW i wanna use?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes.

Panni> get it from a xci... but the easiest ways would be to get the firmwares ready to use from *cough* xbins.exe *cough*

Reactions: LeMageFro

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Thank you for all your hard work!

I'm on OFW 3.0.1/3.0.2 (Super Mario Oddysey). I don't have ExFAT support on my console yet.
- Do I still need to go the full route of https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/ to get the ExFAT support on my console, then upgrade to a current firmware using ChoiDuJourNX? Or can this be done by ChoiDuJourNX itself?
- Can I also extract the firmware packages from an NSP or do I need an XCI?

Thanks!
you can use this either to I stall exFAT and stay on the same firmware or update directly to 5.1.0 with exFAT already included it's up to you

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How come people still not know what the name means? I mean it's so obvious that @rajkosto is a matrix stan. I mean:
http://switchtools.sshnuke.net/ -> Check out Matrix Reloaded
ChoiDujourNX -> http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Choi -> http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Dujour

Matrix Wiki said:
Dujour (also known as the White Rabbit Girl) was a young woman
2018-08-01_08-43-41_hiIAimCLu.png

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: MartiBot

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MY EXPERIENCE WITH ChoiDujourNX:
I started off on firmware 4.1.0 retail with 5 burned fuses (from stock).
I use SX-OS v1.4

I started by updating my hbloader to "nx-hbloader_with_debug.zip"
Then i put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in my "switch" dir on my sdcard
I made a folder on root called "firmwares"
Inside this dir i had 2 dirs named "fw410" and "fw510"
note: use xbins to find the firmwares.

GOING TO FW 5.1.0
1. Load SX-OS menu
2. launch external payload. "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
3. Checked FUSE info, as i mentioned i had 5 from stock already because i am on FW 4.1.0
4. I turned OFF the console.
5. I made a back up of my original "hekate_ipl.ini"
6. I made another "hekate_ipl.ini" but named it "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" this one i modified with the code:
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
{ }

7. Loaded SX-OS menu
8. launched payload "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
9. Launched CFW from payload.
10. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
11. Choose "fw510" dir with the option "5.1.0 (exfat)
12. it did its thing then asked to reboot.
13. I still had my SX-dongle in my console
14. it booted to SX-OS menu
15. I launched SX-OS and confirmed I was on 5.1.0 and played "Captain Toad" and "Go Vacation"

GOING BACK TO FW 4.1.0
First i swapped my "hekate_ipl.ini" to my "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC"
This means i took "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" and named it "hekate_ipl.ini"
and i named "hekate_ipl.ini" to "hekate_ipl.inibak2"

1. Load SX-OS menu
2. launch external payload. "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
3. Checked FUSE info again (I am still at 5)
4. Launched CFW
5. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
6. Choose "fw410" dir with the option "4.1.0 (exfat)
7. It did its thing until it asked for reboot
8. Launched into SX-OS and checked firmware it read 4.1.0
9. I then uninstalled AutoRCM
10. I checked FUSE INFO one last time and I am still at (5 burned fuses)

Thanks for all those that helped me here. Hope this helps someone or gives them the confidence to use the tool.
This tool works great!

Why did you care about the NOGC launch configuration ?

If I understood right, your GCU is already updated because you started from 4.1.0.

People with lower firmware can't launch SX-OS (but only SX dongle to launch hekate) because of the need to deactivate the GCU on firmwares >4.1.0.

Reactions: Azel

MartiBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, so i updated to 5.1.0 just fine and NO BURNED FUSES! :D woot
I can load SX-OS just fine, BUT
when i try to launch the firmware from Hekate payload i get two options:
STOCK-DANGEROUS
PreventGCUpdate

i choose PreventGCupdate but it seems i cannot get into HBloader from Gallery

Did you find a solution to get into HBloader from Gallery ? My GCU is not updated, is hekate the only safe way to access it ?

noname31497513

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I've updated my switch 3.0.2->4.1.0 and I was using some "Custom NX Bootloader" because it was crashing on ReiNX. As I understand it changed "hekate_ipl.ini" because I saw different boot options on next load.
I cleaned my sd card and started using ReiNX again. I really don't care about burned fuse (3.0.2->4.1.0) because to my knowledge there's no difference, but it wasn't burned anyway, right? The only thing I lost is possibility to use cartridge slot if i go back to 3.0.2, right?
To downgrade I simply should update current_version->3.0.2 the same way using the same tool?
What I'm interested in is to update to 5.1.0 without burning fuse and be able to downgrade to 4.1.0 and disable autorcm when exploit came out. It was said that "downgrading across major versions usually needs system initialization to boot properly". So if I downgrade 5.1.0->4.1.0, I will lose everything installed on my Switch? I have legit Zelda installed on internal storage, I don't want to connect the Switch to the internet to redownload it, and I'm worried about my saves and reinstalling all .nsp too.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Q: I just want to install exFAT on the current firmware version I already have. Can I do this using ChoiDujourNX ?
  • A: Absolutely, just place a folder containing the exFAT version of the firmware you are currently running and choose it inside ChoiDujourNX. It will only install the required couple of packages needed for exFAT, and you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running).

so nobody reads the FAQ in the OP then ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there