Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
My Switch is on 6.1 already as that's the version it was on when I bought a preowned Switch. Thing is, it doesn't seem to work with exFAT. I used the same exact files on both a FAT32 and exFAT Sandisk SD card and only the FAT32 worked to boot CFW from. I got told to come to this thread for help. Thing is, would any game actually have the exFAT drivers and 6.1 on since no game needs 6.1 as far as I know - and plus I would've thought 6.1 should be exFAT compatible anyway.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch is on 6.1 already as that's the version it was on when I bought a preowned Switch. Thing is, it doesn't seem to work with exFAT. I used the same exact files on both a FAT32 and exFAT Sandisk SD card and only the FAT32 worked to boot CFW from. I got told to come to this thread for help. Thing is, would any game actually have the exFAT drivers and 6.1 on since no game needs 6.1 as far as I know - and plus I would've thought 6.1 should be exFAT compatible anyway.
exFAT is completely separate from firmware. Technically, all firmware except 1.0 support exFAT but not immediately; they need to be patched. The only way to get the official patch was by downloading the exFAT update for that update when it was latest update. However, if you're not on the latest firmware, then you need to patch exFAT support into the firmware with ChoiDujourNX which is explained in the OP.

As for finding the 6.1 firmware files, that is only one way of obtaining them. The OP details at least 2 other sources for firmware files.

Reactions: Teclo

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i love this tool, now for a stupid question

can you downgrade fw with this tool as well?? assuming i got autorcm to prevent fuse burns.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can you downgrade fw with this tool as well?? assuming i got autorcm to prevent fuse burns.

You can install any version you want using the exact same method, upgrading, downgrade or the same version (useful if you want to enable exfat for example). If you downgrade past your burnt switch count then you'll need to go through cfw to boot your switch.

after installing 6.0 its asking for controller update, do i allow it?

It's really annoying to keep saying no to it.

As long as you haven't modified your switch or joycon to permanently go into rcm by using a wire & either use autorcm or a jig or a button then upgrading the firmware shouldn't cause any issues.

I saw the cough and went to the cough, and there's no download options for "official nintendo update files."

read the faq on their web site. They never used to host anything directly....

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Akzar

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really annoying to keep saying no to it.

As long as you haven't modified your switch or joycon to permanently go into rcm by using a wire & either use autorcm or a jig or a button then upgrading the firmware shouldn't cause any issues.

I had updated to 6.0 using ChoiDujuour and it has AutoRCM enabled.
I have selected to update the controllers.... Hopefully I didnt mess anything up.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just extracted the update folder from Dragonball Xenoverse 2 so that it won't require a software update, which I cannot do over wifi due to being banned. I installed all the .nca's via Choidujour. Now after it requiring me to reboot my switch; i load up atmopshere and get to the nintendo logo, then after that i get a black screen indefinitely....

Can anyone please help

mackun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
took some time to read quite a few pages in the front of the page.
Came to this conclusion so asking u guys if i am right.

totally new to the switch scene.
i got a new 4.1 console. (have got sxos as well)
1st thing i did was backup base firmware / biskeys / tseckeys / keys.txt using hekate.
then decided to update to 6.1 using choidujourNX. everything went fine.
am on 6.1 with sx os. then I did something ridiculously stupid. I disable autorcm.
had the console rebooted into ofw. i figured fuses are screwed.
immediatly check fuses count with hekate. No doubt. 7 burnt.

now i wanna ask. suppose someday there is a need to, I can still downgrade to a lower version FW.
the only thing is. if I do that, booting via RCM into cfw is compulsory everytime now.
if the console boots with nintendo's bootloader. fuse check will not pass and brick will happen.

am i right with that?
thanks for any input in advance!

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
took some time to read quite a few pages in the front of the page.
Came to this conclusion so asking u guys if i am right.

totally new to the switch scene.
i got a new 4.1 console. (have got sxos as well)
1st thing i did was backup base firmware / biskeys / tseckeys / keys.txt using hekate.
then decided to update to 6.1 using choidujourNX. everything went fine.
am on 6.1 with sx os. then I did something ridiculously stupid. I disable autorcm.
had the console rebooted into ofw. i figured fuses are screwed.
immediatly check fuses count with hekate. No doubt. 7 burnt.

now i wanna ask. suppose someday there is a need to, I can still downgrade to a lower version FW.
the only thing is. if I do that, booting via RCM into cfw is compulsory everytime now.
if the console boots with nintendo's bootloader. fuse check will not pass and brick will happen.

am i right with that?
thanks for any input in advance!
that's all correct except fuse mismatch doesn't brick it just fails to boot

Reactions: mackun

SpartanHexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated to 6.2 with choidujournx and now when trying to boot ofw with hekate i keep getting "unknown package1" errors and can't get it to boot. It works without problems if i boot with atmosphere though. I downgraded back to 6.1 and its working fine. Am i missing something? I already had autorcm enabled through hekate when i updated to 6.2.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yes & sleep mode won't work. It's unlikely there will be a need to downgrade that will override the annoyance of that.

I updated to 6.2 with choidujournx and now when trying to boot ofw with hekate i keep getting "unknown package1" errors and can't get it to boot. It works without problems if i boot with atmosphere though. I downgraded back to 6.1 and its working fine. Am i missing something? I already had autorcm enabled through hekate when i updated to 6.2.

Hekate can't boot 6.2, you have to either chain load atmosphere 0.8.1 to do it or boot atmosphere directly (I did the latter)

Last edited by smf,

SpartanHexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hekate can't boot 6.2, you have to either chain load atmosphere 0.8.1 to do it or boot atmosphere directly (I did the latter)

Oh, so for now i can't go full ofw on 6.2 without burning fuses. I wanted to really start using homebrews when atmosphere gets its own emunand (sysnand for normal gaming, offline emunand for homebrews, game mods...), not sure if it would be safe to boot into 6.2 with atmosphere for normal use even if i don't have any homebrew or mod installed. Thanks for the info.

Shadow147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi all!

So I updated to 6.2.0 via choidujournx in order to use the Nintendo User and Save Transfer Tool.

Now, after I installed it, I was able to boot successfully into CFW via hekate but I didn't realise that for some reason, my hekate didn't give me the 'PreventGCUpdate' option that you're supposed to use after updating via choidujournx.

Now I am getting update nags whenever I try to open the save transfer tool, and when checking my firmware it says system update ready. My burned fuses are still on 5 and I can still open atmosphere no problem.

So should my course of action now be to downgrade via choidujournx, and then upgrade back to 6.2.0 via choidujournx again, and make sure to use the PreventGCUpdate option? Tbh I still don't know why the option wasn't there the first time, but maybe there's a newer hekate package or something?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
This reads like Rudy Giuliani talking about the cyber.

The first time you booted into any firmware >= 4.0.0, without any NOGC patches, your gamecard slot was updated.
The method described in the first posting to get nogc patches up and working is defunct - at least as far as running atmosphere is concerned.

Atmosphere 0.8.1 should have automatically applied nogc patches to safe your ass - seems like you didn't use the most current version.

Other than that you could have doubled down and used these nogc patches as well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

Both of those methods work (even in combination) - and you should have gotten a "your gc slot doesnt respond, please reboot or contact nintendo" message on boot. If you didn't your gamecard slot firmware is updated. No way to downgrade.

What you "should do now" is up to you - "what is best firmware to have" is a silly game to play - that gets old after the first time (you are not the first one trying to play it though - so have solace in that).

You are getting the update nags, because you went online with your system. Having a ban deathwish or something. Asking for the yes please give me update nags, all the time Nintendo treatment. The intelligent persons approach would have been to use 90DNS (https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/) even before installing a CFW - so Nintendo gets blacked out in everything you do online. (No online play either. No "easy" game updates. Thats the tradeoff, with Atmosphere - at least currently. (No emunand))

edit: Didn't step far enough into Rudy Guliani thought process mode.

5 Fuses burned means firmware 4.0.0-4.1.0 to begin with. So this guy didnt ever need to prevent the Gamecard slot update, because he always had it.
See: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses

But hey - I also often start talking about stuff I have no Idea about what it means... Not.

Atmosphere 0.8.1 didnt apply the NOGC patch in his case - because he already had the update on the system (4.0.0+). Most likely.

Last edited by notimp,

isoisoiso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could you add an option to nuke everything except user profiles?
Of course, if it's too much work just forget about it, this tool is excellent as is, loved the interface, very well polished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction