1. SirhanSquared

SirhanSquared Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, quick question, tried searching but couldn't find an answer.
    I have a legit (checked with h2test) samsung 256gb evo select. Whenever I try to update via choidujour, after the file package is checked, it always says I am missing 1 nca file. It doesn't matter which stock OS version I am using and the folder contains the correct number of nca files (which were from Xbins). Using a 64gb samsung microsd however works with the same files. How can I fix the missing 1 nca file error?

The reason this is important it be installed with the 256 gb card is I'm trying to run SX OS 2.3 beta and emunand from the micro SD card. Prior to this, emunand was in the sysnand and the maximum size partition allowed was 25gb and I was hoping to run emunand off the SD to preserve all of the faster switch internal storage for installs.

Thanks!

2. movietime

movietime Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry it this has already been answered in this long thread. I'm trying to find a way to upgrade my OFW to 6.0.1 (from 4.x) using this tool. Is there an option to do this? Whenever I run it, it tries to upgrade the CFW instead of OFW. Any help will be highly appreciated.
    I'm running CFW using SX OS.

Thx

Last edited by movietime, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    CFW and OFW use the same Switch firmware.

4. movietime

movietime Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thx Draxzelex. I do see system software ver 4.1 when I boot using OFW option in SX OS and when I boot under CFW, it says the ver is 6.0.1. I also see EmuNAND enabled within SX OS.
    When I try to connect to eshop when booting into OFW, it says I have to update my software and I don't want to take any chance to upgrade to 6.2 which is not supported by SX OS currently.
    So looking forward for a way to upgrade OFW to 6.0.1 so that I can download eshop games.
    Thanks for your continuous guidance.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    To update OFW, you will have to use homebrew, or if you're willing to use RCM and memloader, you can use the homebrew-less ChoiDujour.

6. movietime

movietime Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks a lot Draxzelex. I have been searching the options you provided but couldn't find a single video or instructions on how to upgrade OFW offline All the links I have found only talk about CFW upgrade to the desired version but nothing for CFW.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You cannot update to a specific firmware in OFW without hacking/homebrew hence why all of the videos show how to do it with CFW. Your only choices are ChoiDujourNX or ChoiDujour.

8. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    You can, it just requires a game cart with that update on it.

Draxzelex likes this.
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Crap you're right. Although I guess it slipped my mind since I would assume OP wants a free option. Not to mention there is a lack of carts with firmware 6.X...

10. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Now whats wrong with calling

- OFW patches a "CFW" because more people would know what to make of the term

- using an emunand (not a real emunand) feature that you dont understand what it does exactly

- asking essentially "how do I update my firmware, or my emunand - I don't know" on SX OS (not a OS), on a forum that doesnt so much care about SX OS in the first place.

Hey this guy now has two firmwares on his nand, probably wants to update both of them, doesnt know which one is emunand (not a real emunand). Go.

Why he has two firmwares on his nand (normal and emunand), nobody knows at this point. Even he wants both of them to be on 6.1.0. And is weary of going oniine with both of them (probably rightfully so).

Last edited by notimp, Nov 23, 2018
  11. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    This is what mikefor20 did in this thread.

Never mentioned, that after updating his firmware - he is stuck in a bootloop, until four or five posts into the exchange. At this point still never mentioned how he got out of it (?) to try stuff again. Or that he did so.

Proclaiming all the while, that ChoixdujourNX "dont work" which had everyone (ok, at least me) stuck with the impression, that he couldnt boot into the homebrew.

Blindly went into a thing thats supposed to fix ChoixdujourNX not starting up, while proclaiming, that "he did that already" - netting him a different result ("now I get this error message"), still not indicating at any point - that prior to this he could start ChoixdujourNX and now he cant.

After the lingering realization sets in, that this guy might have issues booting the firmware he just installed (which is entirely unrelated to ChoixdujourNX) - verbally berated people (ok, me) for telling him - how to get back to the state he was in - because that tip in the opening posting - is depreciated by now - and caused an issue rather than fixing one (Will do so every time with newer CFWs - so someon should fix this).

In the mean time said sorry tree times, even dropping me a PN with "I appologize!" in the header -

claming he had understood, why not all trolling has to be negative.

Then _finally_ doing what he was told - by the troll - and actually posting an error report that stated, that he was tuck in a bootloop.

Then got angry about the circumstance, that I had him cycle through most likely scenarios first, and even had him revise a step (in detail - so he'd do nothing wrong), he claimed "he'd already done" - and told everyone, that people in here are juste useless trolls, pretending to know things.

While all the while - at least I was clear, that we are trying stuff out here - in order of likelyhood, and that the problem description was bad.

After the word "bootloop" was uttered (not a bootloop either) - in comes another person to help with a "reinitialization might be required".

Why that should have fixed things - we still dont know at this point (updating from a lower firmware to a higher firmware - usually never requires reinitialization), but hey - now it worked.

Also - I wouldnt have ruled out "factory reset" - if I had any inkling, that you were stuck in a bootloop. I hadn't at that point. From my perspective - you couldnt get an app to start because it was crashing. My crystal ball to read minds with still was a bit foggy at that point ("Switch logo? "When you boot into some nsps there is a switch logo." And this guy is using an nsp launcher to launch hbmenu, which is non standard....)

But eff this troll pretending to know things, and not fixing my stuff -

Troll even said - after the crystal ball started working better "if this is what you are experiencing - what I told you will not help" but no...

I must have pretended again... Oh well.

Here is your moral of the story. Get to know your stuff. Give issue descriptions people can actually work with. Dont expect to establish a service "chat" first. Where you then can pretend being angry at the person you havent told jack.

Thats the actual sitrep.

And just for a second try to imagine me realizing, that the guy saying he did a thing before, just did the thing for the first time, and because the thing - even though it was suggested to fix "app not booting" in the first posting, actually might cause new errors on new CFW installations - (because it uses an old naming scheme). (I fixed that mistake only using theorycrafting at this point. - All we got from Mr creative story telling at this point was "It doesnt work after switchlogo".)

Also - funny that we couldnt guide him to a fix straight away - because none of us had this issue before - nor does the way of fixing it make much sense in this instance - but hey "it worked". Let me make a note of that... In me troll-binder.

Last edited by notimp, Nov 23, 2018
  12. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

This is so full of crap it's amazing. My initial post said I was stuck at the switch logo. Told you about the Switch's history(because I believe it matters.)

This says everything you need to know. I was out of ideas. Wanted to initialize to eliminate the possibility of something weird , possibly from EARLY HB. It's not a SXOS question. I simply mentioned that I tried all possible OS, including SXOS. Just to eliminate people telling me "Try this CFW" I had never played with maintenance mode so I didn;t know

100% Troll. A jerk in every way. This post reads "Hey Dumbass, didn't you read the FAQ? Well I either didn't read or comprehend yours. You would try something different after you tried everything else wouldn't you?" Trolling without helping is still trolling.

Then this says Notip(or tip-less is you prefer) can't or didn't read your post. You quote something I didn't say. I never said a "program crashes at launch" When you put something in quotes, it's supposed to be a quote not your interpretation. And full of assumptions. Then you get all butt hurt. As fools do. I tried to calm you down because the only thing worst than a stupid troll is an angry stupid troll and I am not in pre-school. I came here to ask information not fight. There is no good trolling. My age group? Stifle it kid. I said it was stuck at the switch logo.

Informing you that I tried your idea, just in case. I'll entertain the idea.. Even though I had already did it. Why not? I tried it again. Dame result. I am out of ideas and nobody told me about the "initialize without losing your saves/user data" option. So I was looking for a way..

WOW, You obvously never used ChoiDujourNX before. Immediately after install it reboots. Then you see the Nintendo Lolgo, then the Switch logo! It's DEFINATELY part of the process. I did wat's in the post before as well. I think the FAQ is depreciated. Kosmos didn't need it. And it caused an error. Kosmos is the new SD files. So it is an iteration of Atmosphere. Read.

This translates to "Calm down little girl, you mock my "Heartwarming" post but obviously didn't understand it. Then a thought outloud about installing the NSP.

No need to assume any of that if you READ. Once again the "Heartwarming" post says I tries several CFWs, Several SD Cards, Several sources for the update files and even tried both file system architectures. That pretty much renders evrything you said useless and already tried.

Wow, it seems you actually read something. YES the switch logo appears at the end of the process. Your intellect is astounding. Have you seen your grammar? lol this isn't high school. Well, maybe for you little boy(girl?) And it has everything to do with ChoiDujourNX installation causing a boot loop. And the question about the Java applets was for Rajkosko. He wrote them. They are on his PasteBin. And He's not an idiot.

This one is self explanatory. It shoots down your garbage and asks the adults in the thread for an answer.

This post thanks the human being who responded and tells you my results. It works. It was something in my system from a long time ago. Probably some old homebrew. The next "post" I will insert replies in to because iit;s just too much. Responses in Bold Italics.

Write it down, take a picture, I DGAF. Just leave you illiterate,Asperger riddled troll. just go,..

That was a long one. Maybe Qcat is right and I should just ignore the morons. Oh well. Half of this stuff will most likely get deleted. Any typos are because I am on my phone and don't have the time to proofread at the moment. ill look at it later. Thanks to anyone constructive!! Piss off Tipless .

13. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can Anyone help me with my problem? I am not sure if it's related to ChoiDujourNX.
    I just got a new 200gb micro sd for my games and I wish to make it my primary sd card, but the console won't boot up normally so I can format it for the console. It only boots up to my 64sd card that I been using for months now.
    I been using ChoiDujourNX since the release of World of FinalFantasy Maxima. Is ChoiDujourNX the cause of this?
    I use SX pro, if that helps.

14. Devrim

Devrim GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Does someone have the hashes for the firmwares?

15. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police
    Banned

Argentina
    So I'm on 6.1.0 and want to install the exFAT driver. What game ships with the 6.1.0 firmware?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You don't need a game if you pay attention to any coughing.

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    xbin coughing? you need to understand what it is, how it works, how to use it, etc.
    personally, I don't know what it is, even less what it means. is it like saying "dcc"? yeah, great hints really.

edit: looks like it's a homebrew release news website. not what I thought.

Last edited by Cyan, Nov 24, 2018
    Akzar likes this.
  18. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    There is an instruction for how to update it without burn the fuse but what about the downgrade ? There are several youtube but I am not sure since I don't trusted them.

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its the same process for updating/downgrading. Just place whatever firmware files you want to install with ChoiDujourNX. It doesn't matter what your current firmware is.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  20. stupiddimbulb

stupiddimbulb Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'd like to update from 5.1 to 6.1, but I can't find an xci of that firmware anywhere. Closest I came are the zip files at consolehax but I have no idea how to convert those to xci files. Can anyone help?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ChoiDujourNX, installer, firmware