Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with ChoiDujourNX. There are always files missing, no matter what. I've tried multiple SD cards, different sources, and different updates. Does anybody have any advice? Thanks!

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case this helps anyone else, I plowed forward!

6) Navigated to the folder that had the 6.1.0 firmware and selected it

Running on 5.1.0 (that was installed via ChoiDujourNX), would like to update to 6.1. Are there any XCI's that have 6.1 in them at the moment? Otherwise, where does one find 6.1.0 files to be used with ChoiDujourNX?

Thanks!

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first part of your question: Find out yourself.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-games-required-firmware-version.485959/

For the second part of your question: Read the (freaking) first posting in this thread.

Thanks.

Who are you replying to? Maybe quote the message to indicate that?

If it is my post (I will assume it is because you point out an OLDER firmware update thread), thanks for pointing out a thread that only goes up to v 5.0.2 in the 1st post. The last time that thread was updated by the OP was in September!

And the 1st post in this thread only goes to 5.1.0, I am asking about 6.1.0.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I was replying to you. :) The first posting indicates a source for firmware updates (with a conveniently placed *cough*), that cant be directly linked here - because that stuff is copyright Nintendo.

I just visited this source prior to replying to you, and it also has the most current 6.1.0 as a zip.

You not very good at following clues, but more clues you wont get. ;)

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was replying to you. :) The first posting indicates a source for firmware updates (with a conveniently placed *cough*), that cant be directly linked here - because that stuff is copyright Nintendo.

I just visited this source prior to replying to you, and it also has the most current 6.1.0 as a zip.

You not very good at following clues, but more clues you wont get. ;)

OK glad I got that right then and your replying to me. Not sure why you can't be more direct and just say xbins. It is listed in the thread by name, I already knew about xbins. They link directly to Nintendo on their release web page. Which is just instructions on how to update your switch. So I thought that was not it. I did find it now though, because I tried the other source for xbins other than their website. So thanks :)

You could have been more direct without breaking any rules.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Because its in the first post. I dont know if you've noticed, but your entire enquiry could have been supplemented with reading. Which is the first goal of action here.

As another insight, your question has been answered in this thread probably more than ten times.

You change the way you operate, not tell us to give you answers more personalized and quicker. Because decency. Until then, we toy around until you've gotten the hint. ;)

I was in your situation once. I got it on my own.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with ChoiDujourNX. There are always files missing, no matter what. I've tried multiple SD cards, different sources, and different updates. Does anybody have any advice? Thanks!
I fixed my problem! I downloaded the update 3 times and extracted them all to unique folders in one big folder on my sd card. The program looked through the first folder, was missing some files, looked through the second, and found some more, and found the rest in the last one!

Reactions: wstlxx

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I really need a solution to my problem, so I'll repost it with some more info:

Whenever I load up ChoiDujourNX, I cannot do anything other than exit the app through + or through the home button. As in, it doesn't respond to any other input than those two buttons. It doesn't freeze or anything though; I can exit the app just fine. Just can't actually do anything else:/

This happens with both loading the app through the HomeBrew Menu nsp, aswell as through the album. I've also tried 2 different SD Cards, one formatted as exfat, the other as fat32. And I've tried with both ReiNX 1.7 and Atmosphere 0.7.

I thought that maybe I wasn't using the newest version, but I am and I've also tried redownloading the App, just in case. IT'S THE SAME DAMN THING NO MATTER WHAT I TRY:blink:

rise_against

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question here. if i update my switch with choidojour, enabling auto rcm to prevent fuse burning, will i be able to disable it after the update is complete?. Im using sx os btw

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
quick question here. if i update my switch with choidojour, enabling auto rcm to prevent fuse burning, will i be able to disable it after the update is complete?. Im using sx os btw

You can disable it afterwards, sure, but then you'd just end up burning the fuses upon the next boot. There is little point in just enabling it for the update itself, because the fuses will be at risk of being burned each and every time you boot up the switch without autoRCM enabled.

In other words, you can technically enable autoRCM for the update itself, remove it afterwards, and then just manually enter RCM each time you boot up the Switch, but there is no point in that XD.

TL:DR: If you know you don't to use AutoRCM in the long run, don't use it in the first place. Just remember that if you don't, you have to manually enter RCM mode upon each boot.

Maximize0987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch with internal trinket I am on legit 4.1.0, are there any draw backs going to 6.1.0? Will I be losing anything? I have been away from the scene for awhile and I am now seeing this (choidujourNX) as well as games that require higher firmware, but since I have been out I don't know the answers to these questions.
Also I have my sisters switch on 4.1.0 using the old choidujour PC method. I am hoping to get this answered before I see her this weekend so I can get her updated as well. Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch with internal trinket I am on legit 4.1.0, are there any draw backs going to 6.1.0? Will I be losing anything? I have been away from the scene for awhile and I am now seeing this (choidujourNX) as well as games that require higher firmware, but since I have been out I don't know the answers to these questions.
Also I have my sisters switch on 4.1.0 using the old choidujour PC method. I am hoping to get this answered before I see her this weekend so I can get her updated as well. Thanks.
DevMenu doesn't work on firmwares 6.X so that's about the only drawback but since you're using ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses, you can just downgrade at any time so there's really no drawbacks at all when you think about it.

Maximize0987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I will try it out today. One thing I noticed is it says in OP to copy System/Contents.., , but This folder structure isn't available with the xbins downloads can I just put the NX-6.1.0-4.0.zip in there OR should I extract it first?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Its really getting harder and harder for people to extract meaning out of written texts. Its time for VR googles to get into the mainstream, so people can let themselves be "remote controlled" on their way through a tutorial, or half of their lives...

The OP talks about getting update folders directly from a switch in two different scenarios, and then copying the folders onto the sdcard of another switch - then it says to do the following:
After you've transferred both the homebrew and the folder of the firmware you want onto your microsd, simply start ChoiDujourNX, navigate to the folder containing the firmware, and press the on-screen buttons.

It also talks about a different source to get the files.

At no point in the entire first page is "copy tha/a zip file" even mentioned. So chances are, that yes, you indeed will need a folder (extract it).

What I'm doing here, is helping you read a long text, you are cognizant of that, right?

If you ever get children, buy them a book.

Last edited by notimp,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I will try it out today. One thing I noticed is it says in OP to copy System/Contents.., , but This folder structure isn't available with the xbins downloads can I just put the NX-6.1.0-4.0.zip in there OR should I extract it first?
You have to extract the .ZIP file first; ChoiDujourNX cannot read .ZIP files.

vbhagaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, need help in a bit of a pickle. Today i tried updating my switch from 5.1 to 6.1 using Choi. All process went successfully. I didnt enable autoRCM as i really didnt care about fuses and just wanted my system to be yp to date for newer games. The issue is when i try to boot in CFW (any Reinx or atmoshphere), the system crashes immediately and i have to press power button and it reboots in normal OS.

Anyone else faced similar issue? Please suggest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all