Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

fozzibab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need each and every single .NCA file, preferably in their own folder on the root of the SD card. For extracting them, hactool is the best one to extract it in my opinion but I usually just use xbins to obtain the firmware files rather than going through the trouble of extracting them from an .XCI file.

Awesome, thanks very much. I'll try using hactool first.

Just curious, but when you're referring to "xbins" do you mean the page with all the file listings, or their FTP servers, which I just discovered are a thing. That might explain why I'm not finding the stuff people say I can just get off xbins >_>

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated with choidujournx but in the last step i didn't click on shutdown and it rebooted, it gave an error and i just turn it off.
Did i burn the fuses by not clicking on shutting down?
I still have autorcm on 6.0.1
What was the error? And if it installed AutoRCM, you most likely did not burn fuses.
Awesome, thanks very much. I'll try using hactool first.

Just curious, but when you're referring to "xbins" do you mean the page with all the file listings, or their FTP servers, which I just discovered are a thing. That might explain why I'm not finding the stuff people say I can just get off xbins >_>
Their FTP servers. If they directly hosted the files, they would eventually get taken down.

fozzibab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the error? And if it installed AutoRCM, you most likely did not burn fuses.
Their FTP servers. If they directly hosted the files, they would eventually get taken down.

Okay, I wasn't able to find what I needed on the xbin ftp, but I followed your advice and got hactools to extract the update NCAs from kirby, which is 4.1.0, and I think I can patch exFAT compatibility with this tool with those. Unless I'm misreading the situation and actually need an XCI at 5.1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I wasn't able to find what I needed on the xbin ftp, but I followed your advice and got hactools to extract the update NCAs from kirby, which is 4.1.0, and I think I can patch exFAT compatibility with this tool with those. Unless I'm misreading the situation and actually need an XCI at 5.1.0?
All firmwares except 1.0 have exFAT support. You only need an .XCI of 5.1.0 if that's the firmware you want to update to.

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need each and every single .NCA file, preferably in their own folder on the root of the SD card. For extracting them, hactool is the best one to extract it in my opinion but I usually just use xbins to obtain the firmware files rather than going through the trouble of extracting them from an .XCI file.

Thank you

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was an older and more detailed method awhile back that didn't recommend just using choidujourNX to update safely, is this still true?

iceice

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
After running the ChoiDujourNX, when i navigate to the folder containing the firmware, it show "error in parsing file as nca, state 2" and i can't enter the exFAT mode.
Is there anythings go wrong?Please

AnagraM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi
I'm on 5.1 at the moment.
I try to upgrade to 6.0.1 but when lauching choixdujournx, I got an error 2144-0001.
Any idea what to do ?

I've updated the atmosphere folder.
added the "fullsvcperm=1" to my hekate.ini file.

I'm using sxos, is that the issue ?

Last edited by AnagraM,

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I'm on 5.1 at the moment.
I try to upgrade to 6.0.1 but when lauching choixdujournx, I got an error 2144-0001.
Any idea what to do ?

I've updated the atmosphere folder.
added the "fullsvcperm=1" to my hekate.ini file.

I'm using sxos, is that the issue ?
Try using hekate and "sdfiles" and let us know if that fixed the issue

AnagraM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok i had tried Hekate, but my sdfiles were out of date.

I updated it and it worked.
Thanks ! :)

Took me a couple of days to update to 5.1 with choixdujour, and a couple of minutes to update with choixdujournx.
Thanks Raj!

Reactions: 0000ff

AnagraM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, i was too quick..
I didn't see the option to add the exfat in the drivers until I started to update.
After I rebooted, I got the nag for the update.
I tried to reboot back to hekate, but it fails to load.
I tried to put all the files (sdfiles, choixdujour,..) on a 4gb, but it doesn't load either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime