Hacking choices...

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly new to modding. I modded my wii long ago, and just updated it yesterday up to 4.2 using the NUSAD. Now it has a usb loader, but I also want a disk loader for backup games. I went looking through the forums and saw many different ones. I just wanted your opinions on which ones were the easiest/best to use through your own experiences with them. Several of the ones I saw included soft chip, neogamma, darkcorps, and usb loader GX(says disk support). Also, I only have a single 8GB usb flash drive, and a single WD 500GB external hard drive which I use to store many things, can I run usb backups from my external, or would I have to delete everything for a wbfs file system?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Get the NeoGamma autoboot channel, it automatically loads the game in the disc drive without having to check any options or do anything at all. You can get the original autoboot here, or you can get the autoboot channel I made here.

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, through what I have read, many people DO like neogamma, but I have also heard a good deal of problems. Anyways, so far 1/1 people say neogamma. Also, probably a stupid question, but what is the difference between the autobooter, and the autobooter channel? I am guessing that the regular one just boots the backup in the disk channel and the channel booter adds a seperate channel specifically for backups?

1/1 - neogamma

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moopas said:
I am fairly new to modding. I modded my wii long ago, and just updated it yesterday up to 4.2 using the NUSAD. Now it has a usb loader, but I also want a disk loader for backup games. I went looking through the forums and saw many different ones. I just wanted your opinions on which ones were the easiest/best to use through your own experiences with them. Several of the ones I saw included soft chip, neogamma, darkcorps, and usb loader GX(says disk support). Also, I only have a single 8GB usb flash drive, and a single WD 500GB external hard drive which I use to store many things, can I run usb backups from my external, or would I have to delete everything for a wbfs file system?
If your 500GB is formatted in FAT32 or NTFS, then yes, you can use it for backups.

moopas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
If your 500GB is formatted in FAT32 or NTFS, then yes, you can use it for backups.
OK, cool, so that means I can just plop my downloaded iso of a game onto my external and use the loader that the NUSAD got for me without having to reformat or delete anything else on it? Also, what are your opinions of the disk loaders?

1/1 neogamma

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi moopas,

QUOTE said:
what are your opinions of the disk loaders?

I've just gone thru what you're doing yesterday!
Had to play Windwaker - so I installed Neogamma 9 Beta from here:http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

No problem with Windwaker (GCN) and Mario Sluggers (Wii) backups I tried on default settings.
Wiipower keeps on top of this regular, and plenty of feedback from forum members make this the best choice..IMO
smile.gif

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that usbloader gx can boot disk backups and I think cfg loader can too so you dont really need a seperate app

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Neogamma is by far the best laoder for discs. I know you can use USBLoaders to load disc games now, but WiiPower regularly updates Neogamma, fixing any issues that arise and improving speed, options and game compatibility. As well as optimized gamecube disc loading in built.

I dont think Neogamma as any competition really, for a backup disc loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone