Chocolate rain 10 year anniversary

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by BORTZ, Apr 24, 2017.

1. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh

:lol: were any of you around for the beginning of this meme?

2. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    only 10 years? shit i thought it was older than that.

Alkéryn likes this.
  3. Newest Nick Team

Newest Nick Team GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    You don't wanna know. :P
    I heard of this song first from the Insane EarthBound Adventures! :P

4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I thought it was less than 10 years! I just thank the gods that I was a teen when it came out, because a 10 year jump makes one feel old. I remember being compared to Zonday in looks since I didn't grow out my hair at the time, and my glasses were more more rectangular than round in the lenses. Also, somehwat deep voice, at one point I went to the public library to print out the lyrics to the song, and would sing it for classmates. I sang the whole song at a McDonalds even, there were kids around, but I don't think they reacted to the singing. This was around 2008, the song was not a year old yet, but the dude got so popular that not long after that singing fad, he got that Dr. Pepper tie-in, Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. Me and my friends at the time bought a 12 pack at Wal-Mart and drank it all right after we left the building. There were 4 of us, so, 3 cans each, all gone, we took pictures, remember flip phones? The soda tasted like tootsie rolls and Dr. Pepper soda, pretty good in my opinion. By the end of 2008, my hair grew out, I gained weight, the similarities in look were gone.

Good times.

Bubsy Bobcat likes this.
  5. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    It's too bad Youtube is so professional and high production value now you will never get viral videos like this again.

Subtle Demise, BORTZ and RustInPeace like this.
  6. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Me too.