Homebrew Cho_Cha: Rhythm Homebrew

iancer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?17,2320
"I can consider putting something similar to this together if there is enough interest. My issue is that I am on PPC mac which the compiler for the wii is not supported atm. I have a windows machine but the machine is not connected to the internet which is needed to install the software. I can look into writing the base code for this at least. A compiler is a major part of bug fixing it so it will even run as you know I will forget a semi-colon ;)"

i dont know where to begin, so il just cut to the point:
i NEED to have a FOF equivalent on my wii!
i cannot get rawksd to work, and even if so, there would be limits to the setlist due to there only being 255 songs per "generation". currently ive settled for guitarsonfire, which is a comparable homebrew to the ORIGINAL FOF, but it lacks starpower(overdrive) phrases/solo sections/usb loading/HOPO thresholds...the list goes on. it makes completeing most songs...more than difficult. that is the main reason for this project. i have programming "expierience"...ive used VBasic, QBasic, Pascal...id love to at least ATTEMPT to make this a reality!

i have 2 laptops, 1 with winxp/linux mint, the other with just linux mint. what eviroment would i have to set up to begin? i need basic info on SDKs or how to compile my first try at creating this homebrew. theres are supposedly sources for guitars on fire, but i cannot located them which is the 1st hurdle, im supposing we could use guitar fun as a base skeleton, which should be more than enough to get going. i also have the FOFiX source from the google code page...the next step is just to simply BEGIN.

my initial idea is this:
using the "FOF" game engine for play. the FOFiX fork has the most features that would be required to "authenticaly" recreate the guitar game expierience.
using the GUI song selection from another open homebrew rhythm game "stepmania". it is extensively customize/themeable and it has the most user friendly interface i feel....
also incorporating the stage/characters animations already in place with "stepmania". this would let us have a variety of stages that are customizeable/support basic animations/and have characters. the stepmania engine is what i feel very "graphically UNintensive" so im hoping it wont put too muc strain on the wii. if this proves to be false, we could also replace this idea with LUA based stages aready inplemented in guitarsonfire, provided the source is available.

behaving as stepmaina, playing as frets on fire, compatable with our beloved lil console-
my dream is to create this homebrew "Chord_Changer" taken from my imagination to reality!

this is the source code to guitarsnfire
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,454

my email address is [email protected]
PMs are welcomed as well
please, lets work together or any advice/tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated!

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Man this idea sounds great, I have no programming experience unfortunately so I won't be able to help you much, but I'm surprised no one has even had the time to respond to this ambitious project. I hope you continue to work on it even if it's bit by bit. Also did you get any of the info you need? Maybe going around a couple of IRC channels might get you a better response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1