Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to have more than one .cia theme installed on your 3DS?

Whenever I try to install another it overrides the one I currently have.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
You do not literally change the BGM, you create it.
Download these tools:
- Every File Explorer by Gericom
- Audacity
- BRSTM/BCSTM Converter (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/)
Source :https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-custom-3ds-theme.377533/
1. Locate MP3 or WAV file for the BGM
2. Load it into Audacity. Edit your wav file (delete some parts of your WAV/MP3 file)
3. Export as WAV
4. Open BRSTM/BCSTM Converter
5. Click "Convert audio to BRSTM", locate your exported WAV file and locate the dir you wish to save and supply a filename.
6. Close and re-open BRSTM/BCSTM Converter. Click "Convert BRSTM to BCSTM".
7. Rename the file as BGM.bcstm and transfer it along with body_LZ.bin in these directories for these users
Ninjhax users:
Theme files: driveLetter:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/MyThemeName/
GW users:
Theme files: driveLetter:/Themes/MyThemeName/

in your SD card of your 3DS (internal microSD card for NN3DS)
Do I have to cut the audio clips, or could I set a loop for it?
And does it have to be exported as a wav?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do I have to cut the audio clips, or could I set a loop for it?
And does it have to be exported as a wav?
Export as WAV, FLAC or AIFF (you can export as MP3/Ogg Vorbis/AAC but you may lose a lot of quality without any benefit). You can set the loop in BRSTM/BCSTM Conversion Tool.

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason the preview isn't working for me?

I double checked the extention
Previews: sdmc:/Themes/MyThemeName/preview.png

and it is correct. So I don't know what the problem is?

SkipFox

Trophies
XP
Country

I double checked the extention
Previews: sdmc:/Themes/MyThemeName/preview.png

and it is correct. So I don't know what the problem is?

Depends if they done a preview or you can do one your self just paste correct size in paint.

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends if they done a preview or you can do one your self just paste correct size in paint.

Hmmm, strange I have two themes installed, one is the StarBomb - Greatest Hits and the other is my own Viva Pinata. One has the exact dimensions while mines doesn't yet neither work?

Can someone please provide a file with the dimensions of the preview? Thank you!

EDIT-Nvm I found the issue, for some reason I made a preview folder. Anyways Thanks!

SPECIAL NOTE+\+ I just want to warn people about messing with the check marks to the side of the advance settings, don't do it unless you know exactly what you are doing. There is a chance it may glitch your images and that theme will become corrupt. Your best bet is to work with a theme that already has the check marks you want.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting errors when attempting to install themes, with ninjhax. It would normally work as a .cia with Gateway.
Yes I followed the instructions to put the themes in: SD:/3ds/CHMM/Themes/
I can see the themes and even the previews. But when I try to install ANY theme, it asks me to restart or exit. I'm trying to get a theme installed to sysnand 9.0.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Getting errors when attempting to install themes, with ninjhax. It would normally work as a .cia with Gateway.
Yes I followed the instructions to put the themes in: SD:/3ds/CHMM/Themes/
I can see the themes and even the previews. But when I try to install ANY theme, it asks me to restart or exit. I'm trying to get a theme installed to sysnand 9.0.

Debug error is here not just for fun but for being reported in case of errrors. You can't get an error which says to restart or exit without tellink you what kind of error is.

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Help! Is there a way to remove a theme from EMUNAND without booting into EMUNAND, either through the computer using the SD Card or through SYSNAND? I loaded a corrupt theme and accidentally switched off without changing themes now I can't get back into Gateway Mode.

I would greatly appreciate help!

EDIT-Is there some other way other than loading up the safe Nintendo 3DS Folder?

Well I fixed it anyways. . though it took a while.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debug error is here not just for fun but for being reported in case of errrors. You can't get an error which says to restart or exit without tellink you what kind of error is.

Alright, the "Error" message says

"Error: [string "?:]72: cannot access extdata archive
Press A to restart
Press B to exit

What's this mean, do I need to already be using a premium theme?

Edit: Nvm that is what was happening. You should also add that to your main post, as a warning to users who don't have any premium themes enabled. It'll help out.
Usually when I'm having an issue, I read the main post to find an answer. I can't always rely on it though, which is why I post instead.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Press A to restart
Press B to exit

Edit: Nvm that is what was happening. You should also add that to your main post, as a warning to users who don't have any premium themes enabled. It'll help out.
Usually when I'm having an issue, I read the main post to find an answer. I can't always rely on it though, which is why I post instead.

When you receive this error is cause you're executing CHMM on an old extdata format type and this could be caused by two things:

1) CHMM is executed on a Firmware which doesn't support Theme System (like 4.5)
2) CHMM is executed on a NAND which had not genereated Theme extdata.

If the case is the 2, you just have to open official Theme switch app and it will genereate Theme extdata automatically.

Reactions: MattKimura

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Press A to restart
Press B to exit

You don't have to have a premium theme, you just have to open the theme settings so it will write the extdata information. essentially you were trying to install a theme without the system knowing it had the ability to use themes.

Reactions: MattKimura

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
v.1.4 released.

Changelog:
- Added BGM sound previews (Put the preview as BGM.ogg in your theme folder).
- Added themes auto-application at CHMM exiting for 3DS and CIA users.

Download: rinnegatamante.it (Indirect download)
Just installed it. Can't get past the instruction screen. : (

I can't even exit it. All it says is Press Power to initialize, but every time i press it, nothing happens, and when i hold it, the app shuts down instead.

EDIT:

I got passed it.
Had to hold down power button for about 2 secs.
Tad bit tricky. You MIGHT wanna remove it or set a trigger button to activate the help screen instead.

EDIT EDIT:
Never mind, realised why it's needed. Might wanna change the instructions to make it a bit clearer though.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Just installed it. Can't get past the instruction screen. : (

I can't even exit it. All it says is Press Power to initialize, but every time i press it, nothing happens, and when i hold it, the app shuts down instead.

EDIT:

I got passed it.
Had to hold down power button for about 2 secs.
Tad bit tricky. You MIGHT wanna remove it or set a trigger button to activate the help screen instead.

EDIT EDIT:
Never mind, realised why it's needed. Might wanna change the instructions to make it a bit clearer though.

To me, you don't need to hold but just press Power Button (I'm with a N3DS 9.0).

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
To me, you don't need to hold but just press Power Button (I'm with a N3DS 9.0).
Ah, perhaps it might be just me, but the list of themes doesn't appear at all if i simply just press it, rather i'd have to hold it for 2 seconds at least.

Either way, it works perfectly, and the auto home screen refresh's good.
Thanks! ;)

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ah, perhaps it might be just me, but the list of themes doesn't appear at all if i simply just press it, rather i'd have to hold it for 2 seconds at least.

Either way, it works perfectly, and the auto home screen refresh's good.
Thanks! ;)

Just tried it myself. If I press it once, it takes like 2-3 secs to actually show the list and since you're holding the power button for 2 secs, it just seems to work faster :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2