Chishm hints at keeping DS ROM Dumping Method Secr

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
This news post is just disrespectful. You have taken it all outta proportion by pasting those posts he made in one article. So what if he takes an anti-piracy stand? He's a huge supporter of homebrew, you shouldn't flame him at all. If there's anyone to flame, it should be the one who made this news post. Go check out the gbadev forums for yourself and you'll see he didn't mean it like that AT ALL!

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I just finished my new app. It allows you to download games from the future. Unfortunately I wont release since you guys might put the download games onto your flash cart and play. Sorry guys. BTW it scalled the NOOB Downloader. Thanks

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
No need for him to pop off at the release groups though? Im not to bothered by this as i think the release groups do a fine enough job....even though the rom scene has died down alot recently. I dont care much for DS homebrew as the majoirty of the homebrew is poor...I still respect these guys for what they're doing, coding for free and for other people, the man has views so respect them.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This news post is just disrespectful. You have taken it all outta proportion by pasting those posts he made in one article. So what if he takes an anti-piracy stand? He's a huge supporter of homebrew, you shouldn't flame him at all. If there's anyone to flame, it should be the one who made this news post. Go check out the gbadev forums for yourself and you'll see he didn't mean it like that AT ALL!
so your saying opium should not have informed us all. Opium has quoted everything as it should be
unsure.gif
thats not exactly fair is it gbatemp telling us all news and you tell them its disrespectful.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No need for him to pop off at the release groups though? Im not to bothered by this as i think the release groups do a fine enough job....even though the rom scene has died down alot recently. I dont care much for DS homebrew as the majoirty of the homebrew is poor...I still respect these guys for what they're doing, coding for free and for other people, the man has views so respect them.
To be honest, I believe 80% of all DS games are poor too...
I got a flashcart so I can test games before buying them
(Then I sort of forgot the buying part)

- Sam

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, I believe 80% of all DS games are poor too...
I got a flashcart so I can test games before buying them
(Then I sort of forgot the buying part)

- Sam

i have to agree with sinkhead out of all the ds games i have had and played i have only kept about 5 maybe 6 and i don't play those alot.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I didnt mean the DS games
tongue.gif
I meant the homebrew, I mean no disrespect to the people who code it but alot of it is awful and doesnt appeal to me. The only DS homebrew i use is moonshell and the msn messenger program (forgive me for forgetting its name)

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't know chishm tended to be such a 'show off', which slightly decreases my respect for him. If you make something and don't tend to share it, then keep it to yourself.

Would it be that difficult for you to read the source? He was releasing his homebrew Action Replay, and someone replied saying that they'd really like an open source one (hinting that they wanted his source). He then replied that if he did that, he'd essentially be releasing the source for a ROM-dumper, which he doesn't want to do. I personally would love him to release the dumper, but that's against his stance on piracy, and I can respect that.

To clarify, he didn't say "I made a 1337 ROM dumper and you're not having it lolol".
I just read the source for this and you're right. The news post is misleading, cause as some mentioned. It's a collection of 'replies and explanations' from his posts answering some questions. But the way this was announced, makes him sound like an ego centric evil guy.
My apologies to chishm and please do alter the news post. It's misleading and very sleezy which will give some bad rep to chishm if misunderstood, which he rightfully doesn't deserve.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

so your saying opium should not have informed us all. Opium has quoted everything as it should be
unsure.gif
thats not exactly fair is it gbatemp telling us all news and you tell them its disrespectful.

No, the way that is quoted is not like he said it. Those quotes are taken from several of his posts, it's not just one post he made. By putting all of these in 1 post, it makes it sound like he's hating on the release groups and piracy, especially with the bold parts pointing that out.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He didn't have to code this dumper
laugh.gif

If he just used roms
rolleyes.gif

But there's also some problem , because dumping games is alot easier than writing loader for all these different flashcard (This just came me to mind 10 seconds ago Oo" )

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He didn't have to code this dumper
laugh.gif

If he just used roms
rolleyes.gif

But there's also some problem , because dumping games is alot easier than writing loader for all these different flashcard (This just came me to mind 10 seconds ago Oo" )

Because you obviously know.

I would suggest not speaking about a topic if you have little or no clue about said topic.

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For me, Chism's opinion is the only to have. He's a "homebrewer" not a ripper. Everybody must thanks him for his work as for all the other homebrewers. For those that piss on people making code and choice, just try to do by yourself and we'll se what you'll do... If you can't do anything just be happy to have good homebrew for free (and for some people, games).

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
No, the way that is quoted is not like he said it. Those quotes are taken from several of his posts, it's not just one post he made. By putting all of these in 1 post, it makes it sound like he's hating on the release groups and piracy, especially with the bold parts pointing that out.

oh i see. i dont think gbatemp ment to do that. the guy has done a lot of work i need to charge my ds before i can try the action replay homebrew cant wait to test it.
grog.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The news post is very misleading and taken out of context. The original post regarding the cheat device made no mention about "1337 r0m dumpar" nor did Chishm made it appear as such.

The only people complaining are those who do not respect the DS homebrew scene. Homebrew is not synonymous with piracy and Chishm won't facilitate it. Besides, I'm sure someone will use his code and not give him credit where it is due.

Opium, either rephrase the post or remove it as a lot of the immature users on this board think Chishm is a bane on their existence after this. They don't care that DLDI let them use ComicBook DS or ScummVM DS on their slot 1 cards. They don't care that libfat allowed file access on the SC + M3.

In fact, most begging for the source release won't really be able to do much with it. They just want someone else to do it for them.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its an ingenious strategy. This makes people with flashcarts want to buy real games so that they can cheat on them. Pick, 40 bux for an action replay, or 40 bux for a game? And now you see. It does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must concede!

---Imgod22222 using the Chewbacca Defense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: