Chipping in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by War, Nov 18, 2007.

Nov 18, 2007

Chipping in Las Vegas? by War at 1:01 AM (798 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well, my Wii is in Vegas with my grandparents, so I was wondering... anyone know of a place to chip a Wii in Vegas? I was thinking of getting a Wiikey modchip, but my dad wants me to figure out if someone can chip it for me BEFORE I order it.

Also, sort of unrelated, but how do I find out if Wiikey will work for me? I keep hearing stuff about D2B or something like that? o__o I have a US Wii that was bought in September of 2007.

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    I guess you're out of luck, a Wii bought at that date will be (most certainly) a D2C which can't be chipped with Wiikey.
    it CAN be chipped though, but it's much harder ( and a bit more expensive) you'll need a D2CKey ( http://www.d2ckey.com/ ) which has something like 30 wires to install.

3. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I heard that the InFeCtUs chip can mod a D2C with only 13 wires, but I might have heard wrong.

4. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Aw, shoot. Is there any way I can check my way (without disassembly) to see if it's D2C or not? And if it IS, should I just wait until a better solution for D2C comes out? Thanks!

5. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Well, you could check the serial-number of the Wii.
    that way you will get a somewhat idea of what version it is (even tho there is a BIG chance it is D2C , as the first ones rolled out in about june i believe)
    I don't know the exact numbers of the Serial which is D2C and which is D2B (and D2A..) Google is your friend.

6. NerfBatReturns

Newcomer NerfBatReturns Newbie

United States