Hacking Chipping for the technically uneducated...

wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let's say a chip does come out that is 100% region free and upgradeable - is there any company that is offering an installation service?

There is absolutely no way on earth that I would attempt to solder my own - I would definitely get it wrong. Just curious - as it stands I have no desire to chip my wii - the tech is very new and I can't solder

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's say a chip does come out that is 100% region free and upgradeable - is there any company that is offering an installation service?

There is absolutely no way on earth that I would attempt to solder my own - I would definitely get it wrong. Just curious - as it stands I have no desire to chip my wii - the tech is very new and I can't solder

modchipman.com they sell teh wiinja v2, the wiinja Deluxe and the cyclone wiz. Its 55 for them to do it also they will install a wii key if oyu buy it from someone else

wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

modchipman.com they sell teh wiinja v2, the wiinja Deluxe and the cyclone wiz. Its 55 for them to do it also they will install a wii key if oyu buy it from someone else
I should have said that my region was set wrong and I'm UK based sorry.

Thanks anyway for the fast reply.
smile.gif

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I should have said that my region was set wrong and I'm UK based sorry.

Thanks anyway for the fast reply.
smile.gif

ah my bad not sure then for ya but good luck and good call since u dont have an experience lettting someone else do it is the way to go.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok im intersessted in modding my wii but im not sure that im that good at soldering to do it so im wondering if there is any company based in the UK that does it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UK company, I doubt it. Small local electronics shop on the other hand: not a problem. Bring whatever chip you want and some install instructions (you can probably leave wire and solder alone) and a token sum (£10 or so but work it out prior). It may be an overnight thing but many places will do it there and then.

Alternatively speak to someone in a pub/similar location, chances are someone works with computers, automotive (you should see the electronics in a modern car if you doubt it) or electronics or someone you know knows someone........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night