Chip Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SkyDX, Nov 2, 2007.

Nov 2, 2007

Chip Question by SkyDX at 9:58 AM (1,177 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. SkyDX
    OP

Member SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Germany
    Hi at all, I hope someone can help me to find out what chip I have...

The situation is as following:
    Last month I brought my Wii together with a friends Wii to a chip-shop. The guy said he installed a CycloWiz in my friends Wii so I assumed I got a CycloWiz too, which seems is not the case. Because of the Super Mario Galaxy issue I wanted to update the CycloWiz so I already planned to go to the shop again to get the update switch installed. However because I remembered the guy there said nothing about which chip he installed in my Wii I wanted to make sure if I really have a CycloWiz.

I googled around and found out that if you have a CycloWiz you can see a green light inside the Wii if you look through the SD Card slot. I asked my friend and he sees a green light inside his Wii, I however only see a red flashing/blinking light inside my Wii...

The red light is always flashing, no matter if I play a original or backup in my Wii, it also flashes red when there's no disk in the drive. Only 2-3 secs after inserting any disk the red light stops flashing and glows full red, after that it's back to flashing/blinking.

I also found out that the D2C Chip has some kind of red light, however I don't have a D2C since SMG gives me the Error #001 Unauthorized Device.

it would be really great if someone could tell me what chip I have...

Thanks for any help in advance [​IMG]

2. GhostHawk

Newcomer GhostHawk Newbie

United States
    Dude. Can't you just ask the installer? Otherwise the only way to find out is to open the box up and look for yourself. They are all pretty easy to tell apart. The WiiKey circuit board is about the size of a U.S. postage stamp, The Cyclowiz is about the length of a SD card but not as wide, and the Wiinja is nothing but a chip with legs and wires directly attached to them.

Triwing screwdrivers are easy as hell to find. Usually $5

3. SkyDX
    OP

Germany
    I'm trying to reach the installer shop all the morning by phone... no luck, as for opening the Wii, I'm veery bad at this kind of stuff.. I never opened any kind of device before... Is there any list with all Wii Chips that have a LED?

4. webjedi

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Funny that in some parts of the world people can be placing calls to the mod chip installer shop. [​IMG]

5. SkyDX
    OP

Germany
    Well I left my Wii at the store now and it should be SMG ready tomorrow morning... I'm happy^^

6. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is a place here in washington state that I could call, he's spendy as hell, so I've never taken in anything, but he prefers phone calls, has a business and sells backups. NO idea how he has not been busted yet...

7. SkyDX
    OP

Germany
    I'm really desperate.... The guy now installed me a Wiikey and now NOTHING works... The only disc he tested was the Wiikey 1.3 config disc, which was shown as a Gamecube disc but after he pressed start the Wii only said:

"An error has occured. Please eject the gamecube disk and turn the system off"

Well I just thought I would need to boot it through GCOS like many people said so I took the Wii home...

I installed the Wii at home, turned it on and inserted a PAL GCOS disk... now the shock: The disc could not be read.... I tried my PAL patched Metroid, same... and the shock got even more intense, NO disk works, no matter if Original/Backup or PAL/NTSC or Gamecube/Wii. I inserted the Wiikey update... nothing. Wiikey config disk 1.2b.. nothing. (both burned directly after download with ImgBurn 4x at Verbatim DVD-R)

The only disc that shows a little kind of success is the Wiikey 1.3 config disk he gave me which is recognized as a Gamecube disk in the Wiis menu but cannot load like stated above.... is there anything I can do? I don't get why his config is recognized as a GC discs and mine not) The shop is already closed for today... and if I weren't 17 years old I think I would cry....

PS: I burned the Wiikey recovery dics the same as the others and followed the instructions, still no change...

EDIT Solved it, I have a Wiikey clone so I had to make a special setup disk....

8. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    The hex modify trick works?
    Good to know...