Chip after softmod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by litium, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010

Chip after softmod? by litium at 4:33 AM (1,022 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. litium
    OP

Member litium GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    After having my wii softmodded i'm planning on putting a Wasabi Zero DX so i can play GC games. Since my wii is new, i dont have the option to use neogamma to load GC backups. So my question is, is there any danger on putting a Wasabi Zero DX on a softmodded wii? [​IMG]

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    chips do not affect softmods.

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Judging by your description, you have either the D3-2 or D4 chipset. This means your Wii can only read Nintendo's discs (read: no DVDs, no burned discs). Not to mention, Wasabi DX is incompatible with the D3-2 drive. You'll have to buy an older drive and swap it out before you can load burned discs. You can then go the softmod or modchip route.

But to answer your question, a softmod shouldn't interfere with your modchip.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    this kind of modchips read the information on the discs, and work just like the cIOSes, so they make the drive's chip believe it is readable info, but hence the new chipsets don't read at all DVD discs, it wont work, but you can try and install it, if it doesn't work, then you can just sell it and and forget about the idea of playing GC burned games...!! [​IMG]