Hacking Chip after softmod?

litium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After having my wii softmodded i'm planning on putting a Wasabi Zero DX so i can play GC games. Since my wii is new, i dont have the option to use neogamma to load GC backups. So my question is, is there any danger on putting a Wasabi Zero DX on a softmodded wii?
yaywii.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Judging by your description, you have either the D3-2 or D4 chipset. This means your Wii can only read Nintendo's discs (read: no DVDs, no burned discs). Not to mention, Wasabi DX is incompatible with the D3-2 drive. You'll have to buy an older drive and swap it out before you can load burned discs. You can then go the softmod or modchip route.

But to answer your question, a softmod shouldn't interfere with your modchip.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
After having my wii softmodded i'm planning on putting a Wasabi Zero DX so i can play GC games. Since my wii is new, i dont have the option to use neogamma to load GC backups. So my question is, is there any danger on putting a Wasabi Zero DX on a softmodded wii?

this kind of modchips read the information on the discs, and work just like the cIOSes, so they make the drive's chip believe it is readable info, but hence the new chipsets don't read at all DVD discs, it wont work, but you can try and install it, if it doesn't work, then you can just sell it and and forget about the idea of playing GC burned games...!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1