Chinese Warning when trying to load system menu, refers to ique.com/se

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by subnet, Jul 4, 2009.

1. subnet
    OP

Newcomer subnet Newbie

United States
    I recently updated to 4.0U using the online installation method found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I screwed up during the installation process, and did not perform the NAND backup. I just read right over it. [​IMG]

The system upgrade worked without any problems. At least, I was able to load the system menu.

I then found out about the DarkWii theme (and themeing in general), and decided to give it a shot, using mymenuify. That's where my woes begin.

I get this when I try to load the system menU after installing the csm I made:

[​IMG]

I can probably get a higher resolution picture if needed, but I doubt anything useful can be gleaned from it.

For reference, it is a launch day Wii.

I have redownloaded/unpacked/repacked the files for the darkwii theme (app files to csm via mym) to try reinstalling. No joy. I then tried running the 4.0 online updater from above again, starting with step 3. When I get to the step that calls for the NAND backup, I get an error (Backup Failed -1) I get an error on the last step of the actual firmware updater (ret =-1) as well.

My system has both preloader 0.29 and BootMii installed. Both work fine. HBC loads with no obvious problems.

I read somewhere to try loading the system menu with a different IOS. It was on IOS 30, and I tried 36, as had been mentioned in the thread I saw. Same results.

A little research revealed that iQue is Nintendo China. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm sure the file that put it there came from one of the above processes. Of course, that's quite a large number of files, and I only barely understand the Wii's kernel, so it's probably only confusing the situation more.

I have the clean wad for the system menu, but I have no idea if it's safe to try installing with the wad manager, so I'm hoping for some input.

I did try searching for this, even used the advanced search to no avail. If it's been covered before, I could not locate it.

If I'm totally borked, does anyone know of a way to play wads from HBC? [​IMG]

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would assume you could just reinstall the normal system menu

3. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    i assume you took the wrong original app file to inject the theme in... just install a good us theme or you could reinstall ios30 and system menu 3.2u with wad manager...

4. ds22

Member ds22 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    The "press A" section is in korean.

5. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I would use the Offline Upgrade package from the ULTIMATE thread, follow instructions to download all the WADs, then use WAD Manager 1.4 (which you can load from HBC) to install WADs 01-18 to fix the IOS's, then install SystemMenuv417.wad to re-install System Menu 4.0U. At that point you should be back to normal, then you should start BootMii and do a NAND backup, in case something ever happens like this again you can just restore from the NAND backup. [​IMG]

6. subnet
    OP

Newcomer subnet Newbie

United States

That did it! [​IMG]

I should have tried that before... I think I got an error installing one of the 18 wads when I tried it before (that's how I wound up using the online installer on the trip to 4.0u). My wife told me to never do it again. Making that NAND backup now! I think I'll be staying away from themes for the foreseeable future...

I also had a real difficult time getting all of the files to download and verify properly also. I don't know if it was my internet connection or what, but it took about a dozen attempts to get the offline installer's files pulled in and checking out as good.

Thanks a million. I'll listen to some Tool in your honor. Good advice and good taste! [​IMG]

7. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Glad it worked for ya! [​IMG]

And good to hear I helped a fellow Tool fan... such a great band, anyone reading this thread that has never listened to Tool really needs to do themselves a favor and click the following link and check out a few of the audio samples:

http://www.toolband.com/album/flash/main.html

It may just be the best thing you ever learn of at GBATemp. [​IMG]

8. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    *dreams away on some tool* jip, you're right about that [​IMG]