Chinese Version R4 - $32 Shipped!!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pcsoon, Feb 24, 2007.

Feb 24, 2007
  1. pcsoon
    OP

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Dealextreme has the R4 for $32 shipped! This place is out of Hong Kong, so slow shipping. My last order took about three weeks to arrive at my US address. The English version is still $35.25 shipped and was posted awhile ago.

Check out their web page since it shows how to mod this R4 to the english version.

Link

Update: Black Shell!! Instead of the white. Maybe of interest since they started shipping only one color now.

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    so the r4ds is chienese or they ship from china ?

3. pcsoon
    OP

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Both, its a Chinese version and ships from China (HK). They also sell the english version for $3 more. They do list the mod instructions to convert it to english, which is cool but not worth trying for a few dollars.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    For the english one, no

For the chinese, most likely, since they are advertising the ability to convert chinese to english and from R4 to M3S

5. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Check out the Wii USB fan on that site. I really enjoyed the "Wii" changed to "Wü" for the brand name and in the Wii sports logo. Chinese marketing at it's best. But for $5.99 how can you go wrong - it even looks like there is a USB pass-through on the side so you don't have to disconnect it when a USB device actually is used by the Wii. Did anyone get one of these?

6. FuManChuu

Member FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ordered one from dealextreme a couple weeks back... hoping for the best of experiences, preparing for the worst :>

7. pcsoon
    OP

Newcomer pcsoon Member

United States
    Now the English version is $30.98 Shipped!!

8. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I bought an R4 from Hong Kong and I genuinely forgot that you can't put an english firmware into it and expect it to convert into english mode without modding it. I was lucky that it wasn't the redesigned PCB version but I almost messed it up with the soldering since I was such a newbie.