TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the flah card scene for a while, but i just started playing my DS again the other day. I bought a G6 4Gb about a year ago when they first came out so I got a Chinese version. At the time it was impossible to udate to English firmware. Is that still the case?

rendil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can run old firmware (I believe 4.0beta) which will give you english menus, but if you want to run the latest firmware, you're stuck with Chinese.

I'm in the same situation as you - the interface is pretty intuitive, so I don't mind the Chinese.
smile.gif

rendil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't specifically asked, but I do remember the question popping up to the G6 team when the Chinese version was first released. If I remember correctly, they said that because of the different market structures, the regions were priced at different levels. Thus, if they allowed people to convert from Chinese->English, people could buy the Chinese version at lower prices, and accomplish the same thing as those that purchased the pricier English version.

I don't think there's anything different about the structure of the devices beyond disallowing using firmware from other regions. I would guess someone could hack the device to override that function, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu