Chinese to English?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TEKNOSYSTEKWRX, Apr 27, 2007.

Apr 27, 2007

Chinese to English? by TEKNOSYSTEKWRX at 8:13 PM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. TEKNOSYSTEKWRX
    OP

Member TEKNOSYSTEKWRX Advanced Member

United States
    I've been out of the flah card scene for a while, but i just started playing my DS again the other day. I bought a G6 4Gb about a year ago when they first came out so I got a Chinese version. At the time it was impossible to udate to English firmware. Is that still the case?

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    yes...well you can try to talk to the G6 team on g6flash.com in try to get a source code to change the firmware language...

3. rendil

Newcomer rendil Member

You can run old firmware (I believe 4.0beta) which will give you english menus, but if you want to run the latest firmware, you're stuck with Chinese.

I'm in the same situation as you - the interface is pretty intuitive, so I don't mind the Chinese. [​IMG]

4. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    did anyone bother to ask danny for a firmware language change file or something

5. rendil

Newcomer rendil Member

I haven't specifically asked, but I do remember the question popping up to the G6 team when the Chinese version was first released. If I remember correctly, they said that because of the different market structures, the regions were priced at different levels. Thus, if they allowed people to convert from Chinese->English, people could buy the Chinese version at lower prices, and accomplish the same thing as those that purchased the pricier English version.

I don't think there's anything different about the structure of the devices beyond disallowing using firmware from other regions. I would guess someone could hack the device to override that function, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.