chinese jackie chan films RAWK

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I highly recommend armour of god 1.... one of my favourites,
as well as drunken master... with a half hour final fight scene (slight exaggeration... but it's huge)
who am i? is kinda cool... one of jackie's first US films...

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I highly recommend armour of god 1.... one of my favourites,
as well as drunken master... with a half hour final fight scene (slight exaggeration... but it's huge)

It is! Its heeuuuuuuuuge!
laugh.gif

The end of Snake in Eagle's Shadow is the same. Check it out ryohki.
It's Jackie's follow-up to Drunken Master (both released in 1978) and it stars the same trio of main actors. Siu Tien Yuen is the teacher again and Jang Lee Hwang is the bad guy with the kicks.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have that on a 2 in 1 disc with drunken master... never got around to watch it.

the young master is also good, but the copy I have has crappy dubs

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished watching New Police Story with the roomie over some order out Pizza dinner and I really liked the movie! My roomie is an Action-Junkie just like me and he was jumpin' all over the place after the fight scenes and goin' crazy.
laugh.gif

Although I must admit, the villains were pretty corny and their whole "Video-Game-ish" plot almost made me choke up Pizza...
sleep.gif

We 'effing LOL'd so hard at the fact that Chan got screwed over in every possible way during the whole film
rofl2.gif

...And bonus points to Jackie for singing the theme that plays during the ending credits!
nyanya.gif

I'm gonna try to get my paws on the earlier Police Story films but I had a few questions:

1.) I've already seen the last one so I was wondering if there were any characters or events that had to do with things that happened in the earlier films that I didn't pick up...?

2.) Is watching them from the first film to the last the best way to watch the series? (We plan on peepin' 'em all)

3.) Which film is the most action packed/has the best stunts AND the best storyline of the 5 films?

Thanks folks!
happy.gif

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Rush Hour Three.

Can't wait to see it.

Come to think of it - Jackie does look like a bumbling idiot/foreignerÂ
unsure.gif

Heh, I would like to see one of them Chinese films with him in it.

Rush Hour 3 wasn't that good.
There were quite a few funny parts, but the overall plot and ending wasn't really that dense.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys, will make sure to watch all these films

i would really reccomend rob.b.hood to you all
Its AWESOME

the whole films is just so funny and theres so many WTF moments in there
they also have a couple of funny popculture references in there like the gay gaurd in the truck who says hes from broke broke mountain (LOL)
the videogamer chick on the scooter etc etc.
the whole film is brilliant

btw, i have seen shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle but i was looking for more serious films

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ [M]artin

Its not really essential that you watch them in order, but it does help you realize how much Jackie's movies have progressed since the original.
Plus each movie was designed to out-do its prequel, so the earlier ones might seem underwhelming if you watch them 5-1
wink.gif

Police Story 3 is my favourite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!