chinese jackie chan films RAWK

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just finished watching 2 films i borrowed of a friend of mine and they were both chinese jackie chan films
new police story and rob.b.hood
i really like the chinese films since jackie gets a competent role at least, not the bumbling foreinger he always plays

its also amazing how they can put so much drama and comedy and action into 1 film

anyone got any more good titles they want to reccomend me
your not just limited to jackie chan films, or foreign ones either, but i would prefer them
i want some rightously KICKASS movies that make you shout YEAH! whenever your watching it

ive already seen ff7(which was an orgy of awesomeness imho) and battle royale 1 & 2
i need some good films

recommend me some

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rush Hour Three.

Can't wait to see it.

Come to think of it - Jackie does look like a bumbling idiot/foreigner
unsure.gif

Heh, I would like to see one of them Chinese films with him in it.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been meaning to check out New Police Story but was a little weary since I've never seen a Police Story movie in my life. Does it pack in enough action to keep an action-junkie like me entertained or is there more dialog than stunts?

Also, I recommend the Once Upon A Time In China series of flicks with Jet Li. Great group of movies.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Me and my sons (3 & 5 yrs.) watched Iron Monkey last night. We've seen it many times before. It gets every one of us all worked up. We were kung-fu-ing each others ass righteously for at least 2 hours afterward. Pointing at each other and yelling "ARE YOU THE IRON MONKEY?" "DO YOU WANT KARATAY?" and all that crap. What a blast. It was hell getting them to bed after all that though. God, I love that movie!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've seen one with Jackie... about F1 races or something... it was a few years ago... maybe... five or six years... I can't remember the name, but it was great!!

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Police Story I & II (forget III aka Supercop)
Winners & Sinners
Dragons Forever
Project A I & II
Armor of God I (II is half good, half horrible. He received a very serious injury during filming)

The movies I listed are what Jackie Chan is famous for and really show how much influence he had on Hong Kong cinema. Amazing fights and insane stunts.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen one with Jackie... about F1 races or something... it was a few years ago... maybe... five or six years... I can't remember the name, but it was great!!
Oh snap. I remember that one as well. Personally I think the movies started getting worse when he went to Hollywood. Actually, I remember watching the chinese version of Who Am I then years later, I saw the english version andwas confused as to why they decided to film extra scenes. Oh and Project A and that City Hunter movie was what I watched as a kid and loved.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd highly recommend Crime Story, The Big Brawl AKA Battlecreek Brawl, Wheels On Meals, City Hunter (has a really cool Street Fighter fight! Based on a Japanese comic), The Myth and Project A II as well.

I'd also recommend King Of Comedy and Twins Effect 2. They're not Jackie Chan films but he does have cameos in them.

You should definitely check out some Jet Li movies as well like Glacius0 said. The movies Fong Sai Yuk 1+2 (not the terrible English dubbed versions called The Legend though) are great but you should also check out : Once Upon A Time In China 1+2 (3 is pretty good but a different type of movie), The Last Hero In China, Shaolin Temple, Born To Defend, Fist Of Legend, The Swordsman II, Tai-Chi Master, My Father Is A Hero (awesome awesome movie) and Black Mask (but only if you can get the Taiwanese release).

Have you seen Kung Fu Hustle or Shaolin Soccer? Stephen Chow is pretty good, King Of Comedy is one of my all-time favourite comedies.

There's loads of great Chinese movies, if you're interested in looking into some of the others then I can recommend looooads.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, I was due to go see Rush Hour 3 today but only a few people were about, so we thought 'screw it' and went to the pub instead >_>;, maybe next week lol. The reviews have been really bad but the trailer looked great. Anyone here seen it yet?

As for other Asian films I can't vouch for much because I still have a huuuuge back catalogue of Asian films to watch after I cleared out my local rental store when they closed down. Kung Fu wise I really dig the comedy/light hearted stuff like Shaolin Soccer, but most of my Asian DVDs are horror/thriller films like Tale of Two Sisters, Ring, Battle Royale etc...

I've also been trying to deversify and check out other Asian films, there's some really weird stuff out there like Calamari Wrestler (youtube), definately worth checking out.
happy.gif

hakdizzle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I was due to go see Rush Hour 3 today but only a few people were about, so we thought 'screw it' and went to the pub instead >_>;, maybe next week lol. The reviews have been really bad but the trailer looked great. Anyone here seen it yet?

As for other Asian films I can't vouch for much because I still have a huuuuge back catalogue of Asian films to watch after I cleared out my local rental store when they closed down. Kung Fu wise I really dig the comedy/light hearted stuff like Shaolin Soccer, but most of my Asian DVDs are horror/thriller films like Tale of Two Sisters, Ring, Battle Royale etc...

I've also been trying to deversify and check out other Asian films, there's some really weird stuff out there like Calamari Wrestler (youtube), definately worth checking out.
happy.gif

Ignore the reviews, The movie is hilarious just dont expect deep characted development and stuff

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall if Ong Bak was the star of that movie that came out a couple years ago that I saw, I can't even remember the name of the movie. The plot was kinda cheesy and involved some country kid getting his Elephants stolen by poachers or something and then he has to travel to their HQ in an attempt to rescue his 'Phants.

Anyone remember the name of the movie and the main actor? The main actor had a few nice stunts and he had a unique fighting style that kind of looked like the one in the Ong Bak trailer above.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lmfao @ Calimari Wrestler
Anything else like this? Seems like the Japanese have a sense of humor for wierd things like these...
Oh, friend says Rush Hour 3 is hilarious
planning on watching it later this week...

Ong Bak looks interesting as well.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That sounds like The Protector. The kicky guy is Tony Jaa and The Protector was the follow-up to his break-through movie, Ong-Bak.

From what I hear, the story is kinda weak, but the fight scenes are outstanding. I'm downloading it right now
laugh.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ JimmyJ:

Ah yes, that's the name! Yeah loved the fight scenes (not to mention the amazing musical score that accompanies certain scenes as well).

Thankfully, the fight scenes help you forget about those stupid elephants for most of the film...
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!