Chinese G6 with R4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by KrAzY3, Jun 26, 2007.

Jun 26, 2007

Chinese G6 with R4? by KrAzY3 at 12:28 AM (714 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. KrAzY3
    OP

Newcomer KrAzY3 Member

United States
    When I was discussing slot 2 solutions the G6 came up as one of the best (but more expensive) options. I really wanted to have a housing that I could change out to use with my GBA SP and the DS Lite. It seemed like the G6 and the M3 Lite were alternatives.

Anyway, I found the chinese G6 on Dealextreme for 45 bucks. Is there any reason not to get this? Will it work properly with the R4 and would I have any problems with the fact that this is chinese? It seems like this is a lot cheaper than the other options I found with interchangable housing. Basically I'm just trying to figure out if there is a reason not to get this since it seems to be one of the cheapest slot two options available not to mention one of the best.

2. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    What do you plan to do with your slot 2?

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    No problems. It is quite easy to understand, and at half the price of an English version, definitely worth it.

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I concur. The "housing" as you call it is also very easy to change. Especially to the large GBA cart (which I did for my little brother when I gave him my G6 lite).

5. KrAzY3
    OP

Newcomer KrAzY3 Member

United States
    I think I'll probably end up using it primarily with my DS Lite to play GBA games. I have a R4 and I'm happy with it, I just don't like the fact that GBA games stick out so having something that fits properly is enticing to me. Anyway I think I'd end up using the R4 for DS games and the G6 for GBA games. However, I do have a GBA SP and I'm considering picking up a Micro so the idea of having one that works with those as well seems like a good idea.

I read up on it a bit and found a thread on another forum discussing how to flash the chinese G6 to a older english version of the firmware. Anyone know what complications this could cause? I'd like to get it and for 45 bucks it beats the price of almost any alternative but I don't want to get something I can't really use and I haven't had a GBA flash card before so I don't know much about them...