Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Gore said:
Wow, that sucks..
I though the PSP version was great. Way better than the DS one.
I'm still playing it too.

But did you buy it Gore?
smileipb2.png

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Is this game too mature for the PSP audience? Is piracy to blame again, like it was with the DS version?
ignoring various trolling in this thread

Im pretty sure the PSP audience has no problem with GTA
the other 2 GTA games sold like crazy (why is there no san andreas stories in beyond me since it would be a cash cow for rockstar)
its just this was not that good, taking a step back with brids eye view (which is what really made the GTA series take off after its removal in GTA3)
the not so great story, bad controls, cartony gfx

piracy also wasnt helping sales, but the people that actually have hacked PSP's are not that high as some think
I would probably put around 10-20%

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played it for the first time on PSP just a while ago,I have to say the PSP one is better,no touch screen is all,better graphics,more cut scenes,better art (I don't know why),more music??? I heard allot. Anyways I compared them both side by side and "OMG!!111!!oneonethree" there like the same game (Not graphics wise) environment wise! I drove at the same time on my DS and PSP and ran into the same exact buildings and bridges. Amazing! XD

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Scorpin200 said:
Raika said:
I lol'd... The reason that the game didn't sell well is partly because of pirates.

Yeah right what makes you think that? The game is basically a lesser version of the ds, and why they thought the same game would do better is beyond me.
Uhh... Lol? You're joking right? You're thinking that few people pirate the game?
sleep.gif

*leaves thread speechless*

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame piracy,ive noticed DS has more sells,it requires money to buy a flash cart,the PSP hacks are on the net all you need is what you get,a SD card and a reader. (Reader not included) My site for PSP games has 1100 down loaders in all,another site (ive seen around,no link) had 4200 downloads in all.. I can blame lots on piracy,but one thing is for sure this would still be considered a flop. Look at Modern Warfare 2,that's real money.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Like others already pointed out, CW is not what people expect from a GTA game nowadays.

GTA became a big hit only after the transition to 3D, most gamers never even played the top-down games.

Well, that's good to show all the people that it wasn't the DS's fault that this game had bad sales (which were at least 10 times better than the PSP version
tongue.gif
)

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Like others already pointed out, CW is not what people expect from a GTA game nowadays.

GTA became a big hit only after the transition to 3D, most gamers never even played the top-down games.

Well, that's good to show all the people that it wasn't the DS's fault that this game had bad sales (which were at least 10 times better than the PSP version
tongue.gif
)
As much as I'd love to bash GTA even more, GTA 2 on the PS1 was the only one in the series that I actually played and enjoyed for hours on end. For some odd reason, I wasn't able to stand playing the 3D GTAs for even an hour. Seriously, if people want GTA, they should try playing the top-down games.

The above statements sounded really ironic coming from me, I know.

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason it failed is not because of piracy it's because software doesn't sell on PSP any more. It's main userbase is fleeting. Even Gran Turismo PSP could not garner worthy sales. Nothing sells well on PSP. Piracy is much worse on DS but software still sells.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it sold low because of the price. $39.99 CAD is too steep for a handheld game in my opinion.

If they sold it for $19.99, I'd have purchased it right away, but I'm not buying it now because I'd rather wait for a price drop than pay full price. Plus my PSN coinage is for LittleBigPlanet PSP
tongue.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm guessing it did bad purely because it was a top-down GTA game. Most PSP owners nowadays don't see how a top-down GTA can provide the same satisfaction as a third person shooter type of GTA.

Also, don't turn this into a "IT DIDN'T SELL WELL BECAUSE THE PSP IS BAD" because we all know there are plenty of good PSP games, whether you want to admit it while you're cradling your DS or not.

I think the biggest shame was the lack of a DS sequel. The game was actually pretty damn good.
+1

Also, the game looks amazing on the DS, but only so-so on the PSP. Same thing happened with Riviera - The Promised Land for GBA and PSP... Too bad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them