Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
original article here

Chinatown Wars gets BBFC's first DS 18 rating

Posted Jan 9, 2009 4:42 pm GMTBy rambo_ando6 comments

After conquering PCs, PlayStations, and Xboxes, Rockstar's crime saga is heading to the Nintendo DS after it passed the British Board of Film Classificaton today with no cuts.

The game has been given a rating of 18 by the UK ratings board. True to its nature, Chinatown Wars carries a consumer warning that the game "contains very strong language and drug references." According to a spokesperson from the BBFC, Chinatown Wars is the first game on the DS to recieve a rating of 18, which is the highest possible before a game is refused classification.

Revealed at last year's Nintendo E3 press conference, Chinatown Wars was originally due out before Christmas. However, it was subsequently postponed until March 20 (March 17 in North America). The handheld installment returns to Liberty City, the same setting as 2008's ultra-popular Grand Theft Auto IV, as well as the original Grand Theft Auto and the seminal Grand Theft Auto III.

Chinatown Wars has yet to recieve a classification by the US' Entertainment Software Rarting Board or Australia's OFLC, however Rockstar vice president has previously said he was aiming for an M-for-Mature rating stateside.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice
smile.gif

This game is looking more and more interesting everytime I read about it
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said first by virtue of the fact that most of the Japanese releases never got localisations.

What I would be up for those is a repeat of the hot coffee thing just because that would be funny, now where did my hex editor go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse