China's gaming trade show is still scheduled to take place in-person this year

02_snapdragonhall.jpg

Surprisingly, there's a gaming event taking place in 2020 that hasn't been cancelled yet. China's gaming trade show, ChinaJoy, is still on track to happen later this year, though there will be a few changes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Attendees will be allowed in staggered waves, with booths to be spread out further than usual for social distancing. Other measures will also be put into place, such as attendees having to show ID to get into the building, and use of a health code tracking app to keep track of potential individuals that might have the virus. Last year, ChinaJoy saw over 360,000 attendees visit Shanghai to see new game reveals and experience game demos. This year, the show will take place from July 31st to August 3rd.

SHANGHAI, May 12 (Xinhua) -- ChinaJoy, Asia's biggest game event held annually in Shanghai, will start on July 31 as scheduled, its organizing committee has announced.

The four-day exhibition will be held both online and offline and all the preparation work is going smoothly, the organizing committee told an online press conference held Monday.

It will launch new programs such as a "Global Cloud-Game Industry Conference" and "Fashion Toy Exhibition," the organizing committee added.

Known as the China Digital Entertainment Expo and Conference, the exhibition received 364,700 game players last year.

China has become the world's largest online game market. Statistics show that the market size hit 231 billion yuan (about 32.6 billion U.S. dollars) in 2018, and is expected to reach 300 billion yuan in 2020 and 321.7 billion yuan in 2021. Enditem

:arrow: Source

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this is the CCP basically saying "fuck the virus. It's all gone....The economy will be opening now.. No need for tests since it's most definitely gone...whatever happens, happens. Don't know. Don't care.

What they really mean is that if you're sick, they'll put a bullet in your head faster than you can say "China is asshoe"

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not my intentions to go out off topic, if you indeed have tons of proves, then what are you waiting for? show them already or piss off.

guess ur trump supporter aren't you? since you believe all that shit said by trump and co. republican, then there's no way your IQ is higher than one digit, don't forget to inject ur daily dose of sanitizing lmfao.

You sure talk like a CCP operative...

Reactions: Gon Freecss

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Get a Chinese person out of PRC China (or indeed look at something like Taiwan, which more or less was China until living memory, or Hong Kong, or the various other Asian states if you want to go that way even that does make things a bit harder), or a Russian person out of Russia and I don't tend to see them recreate PRC or Russian political systems.

If you were to randomly pick 1 million people in China and let them recreate a state, they certainly would recreate a country which is more like China today and less like America today. However, population size is a factor. Most people in China want a united China and recognize that the CCP has done the best job (by comparison). Ironically, the former Taiwan government blamed the CCP for not demanding back Chinese territory which was stolen by Russia (when China was weak) but today the Taiwan government is almost ready to completely give up their Chinese identity. In a way they are like I am towards Germany. But I would never deny that I am German.
In short the Chinese government is the way it is because of historic reasons and population size. Many Western people would love to make all of China into Hong Kong 2.0, but that only works it China is split up into small countries (and as of today, the vast majority of Chinese would rather fight a war than to allow it; same as in the US btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1