China's gaming trade show is still scheduled to take place in-person this year

02_snapdragonhall.jpg

Surprisingly, there's a gaming event taking place in 2020 that hasn't been cancelled yet. China's gaming trade show, ChinaJoy, is still on track to happen later this year, though there will be a few changes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Attendees will be allowed in staggered waves, with booths to be spread out further than usual for social distancing. Other measures will also be put into place, such as attendees having to show ID to get into the building, and use of a health code tracking app to keep track of potential individuals that might have the virus. Last year, ChinaJoy saw over 360,000 attendees visit Shanghai to see new game reveals and experience game demos. This year, the show will take place from July 31st to August 3rd.

SHANGHAI, May 12 (Xinhua) -- ChinaJoy, Asia's biggest game event held annually in Shanghai, will start on July 31 as scheduled, its organizing committee has announced.

The four-day exhibition will be held both online and offline and all the preparation work is going smoothly, the organizing committee told an online press conference held Monday.

It will launch new programs such as a "Global Cloud-Game Industry Conference" and "Fashion Toy Exhibition," the organizing committee added.

Known as the China Digital Entertainment Expo and Conference, the exhibition received 364,700 game players last year.

China has become the world's largest online game market. Statistics show that the market size hit 231 billion yuan (about 32.6 billion U.S. dollars) in 2018, and is expected to reach 300 billion yuan in 2020 and 321.7 billion yuan in 2021. Enditem

:arrow: Source

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would laugh if it wasn't so dangerous. I am actually able to resist smiling too.

I like China the people, the place. I strongly dislike China the state.
Oh, I don't mean China as a potential ally. I think they're too far gone for that in most things, at least under their current leadership. I meant people who are neutral or leaning anti-China and aren't comfortable with full-throated denunciations barring very strong evidence. Those are the sorts of people who will be needed if China is to be confronted on any major issues. If you need an example, just look at Western Europe. The countries there don't much like what China has been up to these past few years, but they're not willing to take action on that dislike without a very strong motivator. Push them too hard to do so and they may turn against you instead. You're seeing that now with the US attempting to get them to agree to an investigation into China's involvement with Covid's initial spread. They may not like China, but they aren't willing to alienate it without some very strong evidence backing them up.

I agree with you when it comes to the people. Barring a streak of hyper-Nationalism that would make the most fervent American blush, they seem pretty cool.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think anyone important isn’t going to show up if this SARS outbreak is not under control

I fully expect from what I’ve seen at the USA epicenter the rest of the country is in for a rude awakening come June/July, for the last 2 months nothing but Ambulances is what I was hearing

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any prove about that?
when a country is able to handle a pandemic, without overthrowing the healthcare system, you say it's fake, interesting. IF they faked the stastic means the vurus is still around, then that means the open public event like that will cause more people to get COVID-19, u really underestimate chinese's IQ, dude.

The idea of blockading entire cities and neighborhoods doesn't require a big brain IQ to think of. It's more that they're actually willing to put those methods into practice, whereas people in the western world value their freedom. It's a matter of different values and different priorities. And being the global strong house of manufacturing probably doesn't hurt either, since they have easier access to supplies than what the US and European countries had, and every western country was competing for supplies all at the same time, leading to a global shortage. Plus, wearing masks is kind of ingrained into Chinese culture do due large amount of pollution.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And nothing of interest will come from it unless you like concepts plagiarized from games that already executed them better.
Who does not enjoy a good trainwreck? There is something quite compelling about such blatant and unrepentant copying.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who does not enjoy a good trainwreck? There is something quite compelling about such blatant and unrepentant copying.
Yeah- it's always nice to have a conversation about the idiots who made these games
how can you be so deprived of creativity and imagination that you have to copy another game's gimmick?

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
China is not under foreign occupation. A government - unless occupied by foreign troops - is a natural output of a nation. The notion that Chinese people just have to be liberated is infantile.

Yeah so basically the stats are false.
Whether the stats are correct or not, many Chinese students (sometimes even primary school students) have returned to school. Former emergency hospitals have been closed and normal hospitals operate almost the same way as before the outbreak (though many people are still afraid to go there for a fever - Chinese people often go to the hospital for minor things, there is no tradition of private practices).

As for the show itself: I do not have much interest in mobile gaming. I´d be interested to see more Switch games (so far there are just a few Mario games) but I doubt they will be shown. I´d rather passively watch gaming shows while actually playing at the same time. :D

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Video game consoles were actually mostly illegal in China until not too long ago.
No, they weren't. The law was that they had to sell something made in China for the Chinese market. Hence Nintendo's line of iQue products there. And the copious amounts of bootleg consoles that exist over there.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
China is not under foreign occupation. A government - unless occupied by foreign troops - is a natural output of a nation. The notion that Chinese people just have to be liberated is infantile.

You wouldn't happen to be just saying this to cover your ass because of your social credit score, would you? Because you're sounding a lot like an operative now!

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, they weren't. The law was that they had to sell something made in China for the Chinese market. Hence Nintendo's line of iQue products there. And the copious amounts of bootleg consoles that exist over there.
Not correct.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

social credit score
Oh yeah, that thing. *Shake my head*.

Whether the stats are correct or not, many Chinese students (sometimes even primary school students) have returned to school. Former emergency hospitals have been closed and normal hospitals operate almost the same way as before the outbreak (though many people are still afraid to go there for a fever - Chinese people often go to the hospital for minor things, there is no tradition of private practices).

As for the show itself: I do not have much interest in mobile gaming. I´d be interested to see more Switch games (so far there are just a few Mario games) but I doubt they will be shown. I´d rather passively watch gaming shows while actually playing at the same time. :D
How come your English is fluent?

I don't like the dog eaters, though.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any prove about that?
when a country is able to handle a pandemic, without overthrowing the healthcare system, you say it's fake, interesting. IF they faked the stastic means the vurus is still around, then that means the open public event like that will cause more people to get COVID-19, u really underestimate chinese's IQ, dude.
Wow. Like dude, your iq is in the single digits dude. Get your head out of your ass and quit being a sheep. It is a known FACT that China has been lying about Covid19 since BEFORE day one.

The stats are basically guaranteed to be massively under-reported, but not necessarily maliciously. Getting accurate numbers can be trying in the best of times and all the more so during an epidemic. I'm willing to believe that they've managed to stamp out the virus domestically. Believe me, I'm more than happy to call China out on their bullshit, but only when I'm confident that it IS bullshit. If you attack them too strongly with questionable information and it turns out to have been wrong, then people will be less inclined to believe you when you confront them with solid facts. There's no need to alienate potential allies when there is nothing of value to be won from doing so.
"Potential allies" please go educate yourself. China has NEVER & will NEVER be an ally. You are more than happy to call out China for their bullshit, thats a lie. You are NOT educated on anything that has to do with China. In fact, all you know about China is what you see on the news. Go get educated on the history between China & USA.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am fluent in English because it is an easy language. Furthermore English within the Western world (which I am part of) is comparable to what Mandarin is to the different regions of China like Tibet and Taiwan.
No, I am not part of the social credit system. I do not have an opinion on it. It could be severly abused in the wrong hands and it could be very benificial in capable hands. We in the West also have social credit systems. In Germany, which is where I am from, people who refuse to give money to the TV and radio mafia (unless they are homeless, blind or deaf - the latter only get a reduction), are punished by the credit system (making it impossible to take loans, have an internet provider etc). They where even cases where they put single mothers in prison. It is an illegal de facto tax which has to be paid until death. So in a way I am refugee in China, though I have not formally applied for that status and do not ask for money.

I just want to point out that the claims which were made here would be considered racist and possibly ban-worthy if they had been done about other ethnicities. They are also partly incorrect:
-Chinese food is - if anything - overcooked (btw the wet food market was probably not the source of the outbreak as people who were not connected with the market had it first; we do not even know for certain that the virus originated in China; we only know that it was first found there; Americans on Twitter claim they had COVID19 symptoms in November but were misdiagnosed and later confirmed positive); in any case I would not derive statements about the Chinese people from the origin of the virus - see Spanish flu and H1N1 which could have been from North America and I do not derive any judgement about North Americans from it.

-China has been open about the spread of the virus. I already talked about this in another thread though (to sum up: the initial slow response and surpression of certain voices was due to ongoing investigations and the aim to prevent mass panic and emmigration from Wuhan - which would have made the problem worse)

The claim that some Chinese eat dogs is true but it is not that wide-spread and I morally do not see any difference between eating a dog and eating a pig (which is even closer to us and can be a good pet). It is simply my preference to eat pigs and I do not run around condemning other nations. I live by the principle of live and let live (I had these views before coming to China as well, btw).

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow. Like dude, your iq is in the single digits dude. Get your head out of your ass and quit being a sheep. It is a known FACT that China has been lying about Covid19 since BEFORE day one.
not my intentions to go out off topic, if you indeed have tons of proves, then what are you waiting for? show them already or piss off.

guess ur trump supporter aren't you? since you believe all that shit said by trump and co. republican, then there's no way your IQ is higher than one digit, don't forget to inject ur daily dose of sanitizing lmfao.

Last edited by leon315,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I am all for word games (granted you are probably putting words into the mouths of people rather than twisting them) but you know exactly what was meant by that.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The claim that some Chinese eat dogs is true but it is not that wide-spread and I morally do not see any difference between eating a dog and eating a pig (which is even closer to us and can be a good pet
Would you go out down to yr local shopping centre with a pig or mayb a chicken or even a cow? - No it wouldn't look normal

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: