Hacking China Version switch Upgrade sx os 3.0.5 boot is very slow

cattheme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just upgrade China version switch to sx os 3.0.5, and then upgrade firmware to 10.2.0 (download Official China firmware 10.2.0 from darthsternie, after all upgrade, switch boot is very slow, I can see the blue LED flash about 20 second and it is not boot successful every time. before upgrade, boot is very quick about 2-3 second. one more stranger thing is, for China version switch, there is game warning info when start any game, after upgrade, the warning info gone, excuse my English. Any help.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine varies a lot, most of the time under 10 seconds but sometimes up to 30, it’s got quicker over time thanks to the “machine learning” I think. Some variation is expected due to it being a glitch process and my 360 is exactly the same.

No idea what affects how long the glitch takes however.

What happens when the boot isn’t successful, does it just keep flashing blue?

cattheme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I found it need two times to boot success, boot first is black screen and the blue LED behind blinks non stop, I have to power it off and boot it again, this time blue LED blinks 15-20 times then to CFW. more info about my situation:

Tencent switch with sx core installed by local game store, I guess local game store don't create emunand for me as I don't play online.
SX core: Mariko 1.3
Switch Firmware version: 10.1.1

upgrade SX OS myself, the step is:
1. Boot to RCM and dump nand.
2. Download sx os 3.0.5 and replace boot.dat.
3. Download Official China firmware 10.2.0 from darthsternie and put it on root directory of tf card.
4. Boot Switch to CFW and run ChoidujourNX v1.0.2 to upgrade firmware from 10.1.1 to 10.2.0 with extFat format

I don't need emunand, I am just curious to koow if the issue will be solved after creating and enable emunand, and if it is safe to create a emunand in my switch.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree - if it sometimes stays flashing blue forever I’d check out the soldering and also the ribbon where it clicks into the chip

If you leave it for 1-2 minutes does it boot eventually or not at all?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because of the power fix they did in 3.0.5.

In 3.0.4 and below the chip would still get power even though the system was "off". This allowed it to glitch the chip faster and boot the next time you turned it on.

Enough people thought this was a problem, so they reverted this stand by feature and now when you turn the Switch off, it goes fully off.

If you're still running 3.0.4, you can test this yourself. Use the menu/power prompt to turn off the system and then turn it back on. It will turn on pretty fast. Now hold your power button for 20+ seconds until the system turns all the way off. Now turn it on and see how long it takes to turn on.

In 3.0.5 it's just like you held the power button down for 20+ seconds every time you turn on your Switch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3DSBricker

Carltrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Did you find others to solder the SX modchip for you ? Some modders may use wires to ease up the progress instead of directly soldering it in place.
As Xecuter team once warned, wire up the modchip could mess up glitching timing, which could be the case for your extra long boot time.

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just upgrade China version switch to sx os 3.0.5, and then upgrade firmware to 10.2.0 (download Official China firmware 10.2.0 from darthsternie, after all upgrade, switch boot is very slow, I can see the blue LED flash about 20 second and it is not boot successful every time. before upgrade, boot is very quick about 2-3 second. one more stranger thing is, for China version switch, there is game warning info when start any game, after upgrade, the warning info gone, excuse my English. Any help.

the game warning only appears on running installed games not XCIs, check sdcard's path which could cause boot slower.
maybe you should change the sdmc:sxos/titles 's folder name and then reboot console again.

cattheme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Mine varies a lot, most of the time under 10 seconds but sometimes up to 30, it’s got quicker over time thanks to the “machine learning” I think. Some variation is expected due to it being a glitch process and my 360 is exactly the same.

No idea what affects how long the glitch takes however.

What happens when the boot isn’t successful, does it just keep flashing blue?
Yes, I tried onece for more than 5 minutes, blue LED keep flashing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's because of the power fix they did in 3.0.5.

In 3.0.4 and below the chip would still get power even though the system was "off". This allowed it to glitch the chip faster and boot the next time you turned it on.

Enough people thought this was a problem, so they reverted this stand by feature and now when you turn the Switch off, it goes fully off.

If you're still running 3.0.4, you can test this yourself. Use the menu/power prompt to turn off the system and then turn it back on. It will turn on pretty fast. Now hold your power button for 20+ seconds until the system turns all the way off. Now turn it on and see how long it takes to turn on.

In 3.0.5 it's just like you held the power button down for 20+ seconds every time you turn on your Switch.

I tried to replace 3.0.5 with 3.0.4 boot.dat, but it doesn't work. I power off it then boot first, Blue LED flashing none stop, press power botton 2-3 seconds till blue LED disappear, boot again, Blue LED flashing about 20 seconds, SX OS logo appeared for a while, then black screen for ever.

the game warning only appears on running installed games not XCIs, check sdcard's path which could cause boot slower.
maybe you should change the sdmc:sxos/titles 's folder name and then reboot console again.
Yes, you are right, game warning still exist.

I agree - if it sometimes stays flashing blue forever I’d check out the soldering and also the ribbon where it clicks into the chip

If you leave it for 1-2 minutes does it boot eventually or not at all?
I tried once for longer than 5 minutes till I press power button 2-3 seconds to turn if off

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried onece for more than 5 minutes, blue LED keep flashing.

I tried to replace 3.0.5 with 3.0.4 boot.dat, but it doesn't work. I power off it then boot first, Blue LED flashing none stop, press power botton 2-3 seconds till blue LED disappear, boot again, Blue LED flashing about 20 seconds, SX OS logo appeared for a while, then black screen for ever.

Yes, you are right, game warning still exist.

Yeah, 3.0.4 won't work unless you revert back to 10.1 as well. Only 3.0.5 works with 10.2.0.

If you used the normal boot ofw button when you ran the system update and not the genuine boot when you upgraded your ofw, then supposedly the chip will prevent you from burning fuses when you updated.

I personally haven't tested this and I wouldn't want to really try unless I ever needed to do a nand restore, and when you ever get to that point, you aren't really going to make things worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool