• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

China - Taiwan conflict

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
China will never invade Taiwan. A massive war with a lot of losses for the Chinese government.
Anyone know with the culture. It's the mans job to takecare of his parents when they're old. It's also his job to support his wife's parents.

Also China's economy would plummet and the stability of the country would crumble from with in.
The only solution for the CCP to take over Taiwan. Is a peaceful one.
Which is never going to happen. The Taiwanese will NEVER unify with China if CCP is in power.

Unification under ROC... That would have more supporters than being under CCP's boot, although it's not a favored position too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes and that they will consider sanctions against China.
ccp is literally shaking and crying /s

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is what worries me most...
Stuff like that makes me wish I were in Taiwan so I could inscript to the army. At least I want to die knowing I was doing something for the good.
Why be in a hurry to throw your life away?

Noble/heroic sacrifices really aren't.

History is full of people that did that for countries nobody outside of a few dedicated history types knows the name of.

Equally one dude with a gun or maybe loading artillery in an army... can do some damage but probably not.
A person doing a bit of black hat fun... can do a bit more but likely nothing that hits too hard.
A person thinking, playing economics, building things, undermining your enemies... far more there. https://ia903009.us.archive.org/34/...Confessions of an economic hit man - 2004.pdf

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Why be in a hurry to throw your life away?

Noble/heroic sacrifices really aren't.

History is full of people that did that for countries nobody outside of a few dedicated history types knows the name of.

Equally one dude with a gun or maybe loading artillery in an army... can do some damage but probably not.
A person doing a bit of black hat fun... can do a bit more but likely nothing that hits too hard.
A person thinking, playing economics, building things, undermining your enemies... far more there. https://ia903009.us.archive.org/34/items/JohnPerkinsConfessionsOfAnEconomicHitMan2004/John Perkins - Confessions of an economic hit man - 2004.pdf
You've never experienced survivor's guilt, haven't you?

One of worst feelings to feel imo. If my country falls down, then I don't think I want to stay on this planet tbh.

Might sound nationalistic, but that's how I feel.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You've never experienced survivor's guilt, haven't you?

One of worst feelings to feel imo. If my country falls down, then I don't think I want to stay on this planet tbh.

Might sound nationalistic, but that's how I feel.
Survivor guilt seems like a stupid thing to feel so no, never indulged in that one.

Plenty of people have had countries fall or up and vanish on them before, or so fundamentally change as to be unrecognisable. Probably unfortunate but hardly seems like something to stop moving on for.

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Survivor guilt seems like a stupid thing to feel so no, never indulged in that one.

Plenty of people have had countries fall or up and vanish on them before, or so fundamentally change as to be unrecognisable. Probably unfortunate but hardly seems like something to stop moving on for.
Y'see, every human is a bit different. Some will move on and keep living. But I feel, if you love something or someone and lose them, it's hard to move on. :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing how you're emotionally inept no wonder you don't understand some people may love their countries.
Am I emotionally inept? Didn't think I was, though I do wonder what it would be like to be a sociopath. Emotions are pointless things most of the time that are better ignored, diverted or suppressed (they had some evolutionary advantage but much like the thing that says "food is gonna get rare, gobble down all that fat" then today they serve very little purpose).

I can also see how people love their countries as it were. However grousing about things they can not change for them seems like a waste of effort. "Oh well. That sucks. What's for dinner?" makes life far more than dejection because of things way outside your control.

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Am I emotionally inept? Didn't think I was, though I do wonder what it would be like to be a sociopath. Emotions are pointless things most of the time that are better ignored, diverted or suppressed (they had some evolutionary advantage but much like the thing that says "food is gonna get rare, gobble down all that fat" then today they serve very little purpose).

I can also see how people love their countries as it were. However grousing about things they can not change for them seems like a waste of effort. "Oh well. That sucks. What's for dinner?" makes life far more than dejection because of things way outside your control.
I cut my talk here. I really am being as tolerant as I can be.

All I wish for is hope you will never have to experience similar things. Cut your talk to me as well, if you will.
// eot

But back to Taiwan topic - National day is coming soon! Can't wait to watch the livestream again :) Last year the military parade was amazing, wonder what do they prepare for this year :shy:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
National day is coming soon! Can't wait to watch the livestream again :) Last year the military parade was amazing, wonder what do they prepare for this year :shy:
I wish to visit Taiwan someday, I want to experience the street food and nightlife. Looks very fun.

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I wish to visit Taiwan someday, I want to experience the street food and nightlife. Looks very fun.
I want C-19 to end so I can visit my bro ;_; Given I'm a food lover I just want to taste every single dish Taiwan has to offer.

When going on trip, make sure to step by Houtong Cat Village. :) Lots of kitties

Reactions: Jayro

sailr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
space.bilibili.com
XP
Country
China
I know this is an English website, but please allow me to say a few words to the landlord in traditional Chinese!
你那所謂的中華民國早在1949年就死了,換句話說,當孫中山去世時,真正的中華民國就已經滅亡了,對於台灣以及大陸等一系列問題,都只是歷史遺留產生,至少有一點可以進行思考,如果蔣介石,也就是台灣口中的蔣中正,真的發展了對民族有用,有利於人民的幫助,那麼為什麼會丟失蒙古,被共產黨擊敗導致退回台灣,在大陸的那麼多年,民國的黃金10年年年饑荒,金圓券快速貶值,二戰時期丟失了半個中國,解放戰爭時期退回台灣,20年後被踢出聯合國,這裡是一個遊戲論壇,而不是一個應該討論政治挑撥各民族地區人民矛盾的地方!或者各種意義上來說你只是一個想惡心各民族同胞的人,至少任何一個中文使用者(包括繁體)都不會說出“我不冰冷”我是一個中華民國的小男“,我並不想和你產生對於任何政治的碰撞,台灣問題是遲早的事,人民才是國家的主人,至少毛時期如此,為什麼敵人想要抹黑共產黨,抹黑蘇聯,抹黑中共,讚美美國,這只是對歷史醜惡的洗白,對美國以及資本主義醜惡嘴臉的掩蓋,再見!我一秒也不想和你回答任何問題:whip::gun:

EDIT: Google translate to the rescue:

Your so-called Republic of China died as early as 1949. In other words, when Sun Yat-sen passed away, the real Republic of China had already perished. For a series of issues such as Taiwan and the mainland, they were only left over from history, at least one thing. We can think about it. If Chiang Kai-shek, also known as Chiang Kai-shek in Taiwan’s mouth, really developed useful to the nation and helpful to the people, then why would he lose Mongolia and be defeated by the Communist Party and return to Taiwan? After so many years in the mainland, the Republic of China’s Golden 10 years of famine every year, the gold dollar coupons quickly depreciated, lost half of China during World War II, returned to Taiwan during the War of Liberation, and was kicked out of the United Nations 20 years later. This is a game forum, not a forum that should discuss politics to instigate the people of various ethnic regions. Contradictory place! Or in various senses, you are just a person who wants to disgust compatriots of all nationalities. At least any Chinese user (including traditional Chinese) will not say "I am not cold" I am a boy from the Republic of China. I don't want to talk to If you have any political collision, the Taiwan issue is a matter of time, and the people are the masters of the country, at least during Mao’s time. Why do the enemies want to discredit the Communist Party, the Soviet Union, the CCP, and praise the United States? This is just a cleansing of the ugly history. Bai, covering up the ugly faces of the United States and capitalism, goodbye! I don’t want to answer any questions with you for a second

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Posted a Google translation.

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I would be too embarrassed to talk directly to these people.
They're not my masters, they can kiss my ass.
Now, now, we should respect their right to free speech, especially since it cannot be readily exercised where they come from.
Supporting their silly regime is something they can do within their national circlejerk. They can come back once they develop something beyond loving CCP.

Lamhirh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Taiwan is an inseparable part of China's territory since antiquity and "both the 1943 Cairo Declaration and the 1945 Potsdam Declaration have reaffirmed in unequivocal terms China's sovereignty over Taiwan as a matter of international law.

Currently fifteen states recognise Taiwan as the ROC (and thus do not have official relations with Beijing, The Vatican being an odd exception): Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Paraguay, Nicaragua, Eswatini, Belize, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Marshall Islands, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Palau, Tuvalu, Nauru, The Vatican..

Last edited by Lamhirh,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
What are your thoughts on that? Do you think USA and the allies will help Taiwan in case a war would break out? Or rather Taiwan will sadly succumb into the PRC regime against people's will?
Like the Southern US states were kept in the union in the American Civil War? According to a survey, an incredible amount of Americans would secede from the USA. (https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/whi...mericans-who-want-to-secede-by-region/812724/) Of course, Washington would use force to prevent this once again. Are Taiwanese willing to defend them against evil Washington? Why not?
Should Beijing intervene in order to save them?
This is what you are basically saying. It is ridiculous. The Taiwan question is a Chinese question. If the Taiwanese government is smart, they will make a deal with Beijing along the lines of one country, two systems. As long as they don´t oppose Beijing, they can go ahead with same-sex marriage, ebay, wikipedia and other things worth dying for. Beijing will act in this century, there is no doubt about it. If they wait too long, their claim gets weaker over time.

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If things go to the worse, Taiwan is done, no country can really do nothing against China, the only reason they haven't do something drastic until now is just to maintain a good face to the world, but I think as soon as they get enough wolrdwide influence, Taiwan is done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus