Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
China Says No More Movies And TV Shows About Time Travel

wWrzx.jpg

QUOTE said:
...the General Bureau of Radio, Film and Television in China has announced that time travel stories are no longer allowed on TV or in movies. Apparently, such stories are "disrespectful to history" and that many of the "stories are totally made up." Apparently, the General Bureau of Radio, Film and Television in China is unfamiliar with the definition of fiction.

It sounds like time travel stories had become especially popular in Chinese media, and it sounds like someone at the Bureau just got sick of it. Along similar lines, the Bureau has apparently also declared that no more TV/movie versions shall be made of "the four great classical novels of China."

NO ESCAPISM FOR YOU!

rolleyes.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just dumb.

Quote from the article:

"Apparently, the General Bureau of Radio, Film and Television in China is unfamiliar with the definition of fiction."

D

Deleted_171835

That's just silly.

The Chinese government must have found a method for time travel and doesn't want the public to find out the truth by drawing references to these movies.
wink2.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
That's just silly.

The Chinese government must have found a method for time travel and doesn't want the public to find out the truth by drawing references to these movies.
wink2.gif

That would be stupid because having Time Travel Fiction will keep the trail cold for a while like with most science fiction in America. This is all censorship remember when China is concerned everything good is banned save for flashcarts.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA and this is why I love China
laugh.gif
I might make a film where I go back in time and stop this happening
smileipb2.png

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, and Time based movies are usually the best type because it works your brain so much.

A shame they can no longer view Back to the Future though as Devin said.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
China is still stuck in the past, they still haven't realized that bionic zombie marshmallows wielding beam swords are unable to travel to our time to take over the world. Relax, China, relax.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:
QUOTE said:
...and that many of the "stories are totally made up".

That's bull****. I know of at least six movies published in China that document true stories of time travel.

Then there's that one guy who flew through some time warp the Bermuda Triangle in the 70's and ended up 30 minutes in the future.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Haloman800 said:
QUOTE said:
...and that many of the "stories are totally made up".

That's bull****. I know of at least six movies published in China that document true stories of time travel.

Then there's that one guy who flew through some time warp the Bermuda Triangle in the 70's and ended up 30 minutes in the future.
That seems...pointless.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
In response to this article I hereby depart on a road trip around China. I'll be driving a DeLorian with glowing blue lines down the side, with a TARDIS strapped to the roof, dressed as a caveman, flicking the V's at everyone with a cybernetic hand.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
In response to this article I hereby depart on a road trip around China. I'll be driving a DeLorian with glowing blue lines down the side, with a TARDIS strapped to the roof, dressed as a caveman, flicking the V's at everyone with a cybernetic hand.
They'll arrest you, and try to send you back to the time of the cavemen with their time machine that you just KNOW they have, because why else would they ban Time Travel movies?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head