Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
UK - Media Alert PS Vita .jpg

London, UK – May 20, 2014 - Today, Ubisoft announced that Child of Light™, the turn-based RPG set in the magical world of Lemuria, will release digitally on PlayStation® Vita on July 2nd at the price of £11.99. It will also release on PlayStation® Vita in a retail Complete Edition on the same day. This boxed edition will contain all additional game contents, including a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

Child of Light™ is a re-imagining of classic fairytales set against a picturesque background inspired by the watercolor artworks of The Golden Age of Illustration. As a playable poem, Child of Light™ takes players on an extraordinary journey through the mystical world of Lemuria by putting them in the shoes of Aurora, a young princess who must win back the sun, the moon and the stars held captive by the mysterious Queen of the Night. A return to the classic JRPG, Child of Light™ blends together platforming and turn-based combat along while providing a rich storyline, robust soundtrack and beautifully-rendered hand drawn art style.

Child of Light™ was created by a small team of developers in Montreal using Ubisoft's UbiArt Framework, a powerful engine that lets programmers and artists bring their art to life by allowing original concept art to be inserted directly into the game world. In Child of Light™, the effect is that playing becomes akin to stepping into an interactive painting.

:arrow:Official Site

009.png 010.png 011.png 012.png P3-001.png 005.png

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game seems really nice, but PSVita already has it's fair share of RPGs,
I wish there were some titles announced with other genres for PSVita.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see how anyone could think this game will be downgraded much/at all.
Unless you've never seen the game, I guess. This isn't the new Crysis. It's a pretty looking 2D game (I believe only the player model is 3Dish?..). Even the 3DS might be able to run it, and that thing is practically a potato.

Anywho i'll be grabbing this. Seemed like a fun game, but not really something i'd sit here at my PC and play. But on the go? Hell yeah.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It won't be downgraded at all. If anything it'll be the definitive version as it has exclusive extra content. It'll look gorgeous on the OLED.

It's a downgrade from my 1080p screen to a 720p 5 inch OLED... which has the possibility of burn-in if not cared for.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It's a downgrade from my 1080p screen to a 720p 5 inch OLED... which has the possibility of burn-in if not cared for.
The actual game is not a downgrade though and the burn in rumor was debunked ages ago as in it would take 100 years of non stop play to happen, or something like that.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I was expecting more chapters, Child of Light is a wonderfull game, but too short. And seems that it will come with the Golem Pack, it helps, but I still think that this game desearves 30 more hours of gameplay

If I can put it in my pocket and carry it around with me and the quality does not decline too much, I'm game for some gaem, FAST. :P
If you can put a Vita on your pocket, you have extra huge pockets

This game runs on the Rayman engine, which runs perfectly on the Vita, so I hope it is not a bad port.
That's the point! Rayman do not runs perfectly on Vita, BUT, the major rip off of vita version are the boss models, that were made in 3D. There is no such thing on Child of Light, so that's why I think that it should work just fine...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"It's a downgrade from my gigantic screen to a small one!"

Welcome to the portable world, what year do you live in, 1989? Like of course it's on a smaller screen but it's A) OLED and B) portable. If you don't want that then fine. But a "downgrade" it's not, just an alternative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs