NatureMade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soooo, a question of curiosity. I am using a PSP 1000, OFW 5.03, 2G PRO duo Sandisk Memory stick.

I've got the h.bin in my root, and I've got the image in my photo folder....WHAT am I doing wrong?
Everytime I go to photos, I open the photo, the image loads then it freezes as intended. However, It just keeps restarting itself.

Apparently, this is supposed to happen?
How many tries before it'll actually load, and when it does, I can just load the flash recovery eboot to get Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6, correct?
Just need some clarification on this. I've been though a lot of pages already, and used the search function, so if this is a redundant question I apologize.

Cheers~
yaypsp.gif

Lyon

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't flash 5.00 m33-6, it just flashes some modules that will enable you to have similar
options as anyone in an m33 cfw would have.
The first time you will have to flash the files but after words each time just select load cfw modules etc.
No need to flash it again, but each time you have to use hen and load it using the CFE Enabler, its not something that
you can do just ones,
Heres a more stable version of HEN,

http://pspupdates.qj.net/ChickHEN-Mod-run-...g/49/aid/131652

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignore the above as he's mistakenly talking about the enabler.

As for the HEN itself...I was installing CFW on a friends Phat 5.03 PSP yesterday and since i hadn't seen ChickHen in action i decided to give it a go. Same setup as you, i tried 10 times, around 8 of those tries ended in freeze and shut down, whilst two gave me nothing. The exploit is based on a random allocation of code so all you can do is keep trying. Most people report success before 25 attempts!

And yes once the HEN is active you simply run Hellcats Recovery Flasher so ensure that you have it all set up on your stick in advance.

NatureMade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had read somewhere that after loading Hen, I can run another program [I think it was called Recovery flasher or something] which installs clean installs of OFWs. I figured in this case, i could replace 5.00 official with 5.00 to get CFW on the PSP.

So, it's impossible to get CFW on the PSP through HEN then?

Edit: just read xist's post. Okay, so it's just a hit and miss operation, and once I get it going, I use Recovery flasher to install CFW?

NatureMade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been at this for an hour now. Well over 50 tries.

A couple questions.
The Eggsploit.tiff is located in /PSP/Photo/Eggsploit.tiff
and h.bin is located on the root.

Sometimes, All i do is click on memory stick, sometimes I can actually open the image on the PSP, either way it freezes.

I obviously MUST be doing something wrong. Can anyone give me a hand here?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the sound of it, it seems you only use the .tiff. Most people use a folder with 4 .gifs and the .tiff. The .gifs are the same pic. Try changing that.

Some things I've done to increase compatibility:

Disable UMD Cache
Disable UMD Auto-Start

Things suggested:
Put the ChickHEN folder in PICTURES instead of PHOTO
Put a copy of h.bin in MP_ROOT
Rename MP_ROOT to MS_ROOT (never helped me though)

If all else fails, do a settings restore (but re-disable UMD Cache and Auto-Start, those are proven to make a difference).

NatureMade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well yes I've seen videos, tried emulating them, but had no luck still.
I also don't have a UMD Cache option, strangely.

and....MP_Root, is supposed to be a folder on the root? oO;
It said leave it on the root, so I Hadn't put it in any folders.

I may try Settings restore. Right now my Memory stick looks like yeah

-Picture
--Eggsploit.tiff
-Video
-PSP
--Game
---Recovery
[the stuff in there]
-Other folders
-H.bin

if that helps any with finding out what's wrong.

Forgive my manners, I also need to thank you all for your help. So yeah, thank you. I'll try all the fixes I've recieved so far.

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defaulting the settings might help. My PSP was currently using a Crisis Core theme at the time and each time I tried to get chickHEN running, the PSP would freeze. This went on for about 30+ minutes. When I defaulted my settings, it worked right away. Might've been a coincidence though.

NatureMade

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, so far I've put copies of the files on the MP_Root, put the Eggsploit and ChickHEN folder BOTH in the Picture folder instead of the PSP/Photo folder [I thought that the ChickHEN folder only worked on Slims, and I have a phat]. I've restored default settings, afterwhich I set the UMD auto-start back to off.

and still no luck. It won't even load from the preview section, I can only get it to freeze when I open the files.

EDIT: GREAT NEWS! Finally got everything working. I truly appreciate all of your patience and assistance! Now officially running 5.00 M33-6 Custom Firmware

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You can see why i got bored trying to sate my curiosity on the HEN...it's frustratingly erratic isn't it! Fantastic piece of work, but thanks to the code it relies upon annoyingly random in implementation.

andy10598

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
You can see why i got bored trying to sate my curiosity on the HEN...it's frustratingly erratic isn't it! Fantastic piece of work, but thanks to the code it relies upon annoyingly random in implementation.

I think the HEN loader is a masterpice I own a psp 3k so I depend on it to use homebrew but I got it to work every time now.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I just flashed the PSP 1000 I got off ebay a few hours ago with Hen, took about ten goes. Ive never done it before and am a bit of a n00b when it comes to PSP, but it was pretty easy and straight forward to do. You just have to persist at it.

Deeje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't overstress if it doesnt work straight away. Eventually, after say... an hour and a half of trying, I almost threw my PSP out the window, however, on my 'last' attempt... It worked. However, on my friends PSP, it worked on the 2nd try. *Angry*

D

Deleted User

I don't know exactly how many tries I needed to flash my PSP2004CW but it sure took me over 10.

It reminded me of the old tiff exploit when downgrading from 2.01 (? I can't remember) to 1.50, which I used to downgrade my first PSP phat years ago (Japan launch).
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.