Chick-fil-A President is Against Same Sex Marriage

LightyKD Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Are you implying only men can be homosexual?
    Last time I checked, there's plenty of women that are lesbians (personally I know more lesbians than gay guys). STD's can happen even for straight people, heck, all the people I've met that had STD's were straight, and then again, you don't really need sex to be in a relationship, there's some cases where people love eachother but don't have sex, among other stuff.

2. Dann Woolf

Dann Woolf Deadpan Snarker

Oct 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    Deventer
    You know, I don't really see what the big deal is is. It's not like any gay couples were planning to have their wedding reception at Chick-fil-A. Most gay people have more class than that.

3. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    Quoted for truth. Why does it matter that the CEO has opinions?.. If this was the other way around (meaning that he came out saying he supports same sex marriage), would everyone pro same sex marriage be swarming to eat Chick-Fil-A? No.

And honestly, just because the President has these views, it's highly possible that not all their workers share this opinion. So just shut up and eat your chicken.

4. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    How do you know that graph is true? I don't remember being surveyed. Plus it seems so wrong 75% of Jews accept Gay marriage? Are you kidding me lmao. I don't know a Jew that supports Gay marriage.

5. Actinopterygian Melospiza

Actinopterygian Melospiza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2012
    United States
    Raleigh
    Why's everyone hating on this guy? So he has an opinion that's different from yours? It seems more like those hating on him are the intolerant ones. It's not like his comments were anti-gay, he just said he supports traditional family, those aren't the same things.

edit:
    I know plenty of Jews that support same sex marriage, in fact I know know a single Jew that doesn't. See what I did there? the people you know DO NOT necessarily reflect the way the people you don't know think

6. BloodyFlame

BloodyFlame GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2010
    United States
    California
    When dealing with same-sex marriage, bias can go both ways.

1 person likes this.
  7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Virtually all data collected on the subject matches up with the above, and it's about what one would expect. There doesn't appear to be anything controversial about the actual support numbers I posted.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Random_sample

It's common knowledge that Jewish people tend to be pretty accepting of same-sex marriage. I know plenty of Jewish people who support gay marriage, but more importantly, it's what the data overwhelmingly shows.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

1 person likes this.
  8. blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    wait, what?!?! women can be homosexual?!?!

point is, std's are more common in gay men, the common sexual practices among gay men are a factor.

aside from that, there are other reasons people may be against same-sex marriage. many including myself believe it's better for a child to have a father and mother influence in their life, as opposed to two motherfly influences/two fatherly influences. there's a natural long for a mother's affection embedded into everybody. when you get a boo-boo at school, first person you want is your mom, not dad.

9. BloodyFlame

BloodyFlame GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2010
    United States
    California
    In a same-sex relationship, or at least from what I've read, there is usually a masculine male and a more feminine man, which acts like a straight relationship.

EDIT:
    Guess I was wrong.

10. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    Not gonna stop me from eating there,I personally think you should be allowed to marry a brick wall if you so desire.
    Just because the President of the company thinks one way does not mean you shouldn't support your local company branch and the people (some of who you may know) who work there.
    Besides if we all agreed about the same things the world would be a very dull and unprogressive place.

11. Skelletonike

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Yes, women can be homosexual... Homosexuality stands for liking the same sex, lesbian women are homosexual.
    I also agree with the father and mother thing, I was commenting regarding the STD aspect.

12. blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    Oh god. please tell me you got the sarcasm. at this point i can't honestly tell

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Other than abstinence, mutual monogamy (such as opposite-sex marriage and same-sex marriage) is the best way to prevent the spread of STIs.

If that's you're reason for being against same-sex marriage, then I'm happy to inform you that children of LGBT parents are just as psychologically healthy as children of heterosexual parents. LGBT parents are no more likely to be "unfit" parents than heterosexual parents.

http://en.wikipedia..../LGBT_parenting

I'd like to see the data supporting this.

Not necessarily.

I think the controversy stems from the fact that the fast food chain donates millions to anti-gay groups. People have the right to have their views against same-sex marriage and even to donate money to anti-gay groups, but that's not exactly going to make gay people and/or supporters of gay rights want to eat there. Since Chik-Fil-A donates money to anti-gay groups, then a portion of money spent there goes to anti-gay groups. It's obviously alright if you choose to spend your money there, but that means you're okay with some of your money going to anti-gay groups.

1 person likes this.
  14. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Besides the fact that you have no evidence to back your claim aside from speculation, the simple fact that gay couples are usually in a monogamous relationship means that there will be no spread of STDs in a monogamous homosexual relationship. But let's just assume that homosexuals are more prone to STDs. Just for shits and giggles.

Consider the following:

All couples presented are in a monogamous relationship and are *gasp* married.

Man x and Man y are both clean of STDs. Man x and man y have sex. No STDs were spread.
    Man x and man y are both HIV positive. Man x and man y have sex. No STDs were spread.
    man x is HIV positive and man y is clean of STDs. Man x and man y have protected sex. Assuming protection didn't fail, No STDs were spread. Assuming that eventually protection will not be used or protection fails, ONE person has been given HIV, and for the rest of that relationship, it will not spread to anyone outside of it.

I hope I clarified a few things for you.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Are you guys against have sex/marrying with robots? Probably will happen in the future.

16. Skelletonike

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    My dream is to have a smexy humanoid robot that I can play rought at night with. >3
    JK jk, although it will probably become real in the future.

17. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    first of all. not all gay men like to have anal sex. and even if we all did, having gay marriage well cemented into society would diminish the great amounts of sex all of us extremely slutty promiscuous gay men enjoy with hundreds of partners at a time SANS protection may i add.

but lets back up for a second here. did you know you are more likely to get hiv from inserting your penis into an infected vagina than an infected butt? so anyway. stds exists and in the world there are more straight people infected then gays. i don't see how stds are even an argument against gay marriage, if anything they should be an argument for. monogamous couples will be less likely to spread stds.

second. gay relationships aren't composed of butch and femme. that's totally retarded. in fact most masculine gay men are exclusively attacked to other masculine men. many are into femmes, but femme and butch are not characteristics a gay couples. a lot of us are attracted to other guys similar to ourselves. some of us are attracted to anything with a penis. i can't speak for lesbians, i have no idea what they see in each other.

edit: i'm in a gay relationship and i have an 11 year old boy and we get nothing but compliments on how wonderful and well adjusted he is.

1 person likes this.
  18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I appreciate the underlying logic and support where you were heading with it (if there is enough of a difference between the various sexualities to be reasonably quantifiable and not insanely damaging, which it clearly is not, can something reasonably be said?) but I should note there are various strains of infections that fall under the same broad name that can be transmitted to negative effect; people can have several types of Hepatitis and I believe Hepatitis D in fact requires type B to be present to survive in a host and I am all but certain similar things exist for HIV but I am not as versed as I would want to be to call things there.

I have been in these debates in the past and do not have anything all that new to say at this point so I will bow out for now. Also although I quite supported the OP to post in USN it went off topic somewhat so it is now in general off topic.

19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Assuming the robot isn't artificially intelligent, then I think people can have sex with their own robots if they want to; it's their property, after all. Marriage requires two people, so if a robot isn't an AI, then it cannot get married; that would be like someone trying to marry his or her toaster.

Assuming the robot truly has artificial intelligence, then they're essentially people. Assuming it's consensual, then people should be able to marry and/or have sex with AI robots. I don't see the issue.

20. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    Anyone else sick of debates about being gay on Gbatemp? seems like there's a new one every few weeks and it's always the exact same. Being gay isn't a big deal these days, It's not a shocker any more and there's not need to go on about it every week. We all know Old religious people can't take society accepting gay people, What's new? It's been drilled into them because of Holy books, They will never listen. Best thing to do is laugh at them, I really can't stand people who have to announce that they are gay every 2nd post either.

I have a really close female family member that's gay and I support her, However as I said what's the big deal?

If you finding yourself announcing that your gay every few posts or going on about it, I'm afraid it's clear you're attention seeking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.