GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, yesterday's thread was mildly amusing while it lasted, and it's a true testament to just how much we're all excited about the upcoming English release of Phantom Hourglass. Of course, Chibi Robo DS is also being released next week, and I'd love to discuss the game.

First off, why do you think Nintendo decided to release it alongside Zelda? My own theory -- and it's a weak one, to be sure -- is that they are betting on Walmart customers' love of the impulse buy. The only thing I can come up with is that mom brings Jr. to Wallyworld, so he can get his copy of Phantom Hourglass; mom sees Chibi Robo next to Zelda in the display case, and says, "Hmm...what's this?" Jr. lays the scoop on mom (that which he read on GBATemp), and mom gets it for herself.

Like I said, weak...but it's one possibility.

Release dates aside, are YOU anticipating this game as well? I know I am. Not as much as Zelda -- no doubt -- but it looks like another off-the-beaten-path-type DS game. I tinkered with the Japanese version, and Chibi Robo definitely has something unique going on.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Zelda I'm only thinking of Bleach.

They should have released Chibi-Robo earlier so I would notice it. I really can't see anyone playing Zelda and even thinking about investing their precious game playing time into Chibi-Robo.

Then again Advance Was DS was sold right next to Nintendogs and did well, but AWDS was already a very different and wanted game.

Meh, I can't call it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One I've done with Zelda, I'm onto this one! Really enjoyed the Japanese game even though I understood nothing.

I kinda hope it gets delayed until the week after as theres nothing worth getting in the US so maybe it'll have more chance.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate lowering myself to walk into let alone buy something from Wal-Mart but I really do love Chibi-Robo. That has to the the last truly unique and fun game out of Nintendo or whatever in awhile and really sucked me in on the Cube. ...maybe I can get it used but like new or something elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1