• Poll closed .

Valiran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My f0cking god, this app is awesome!
I just tested Horizon FW on my OLED Switch, and it works like a charm!
Things to do: Add 1080p support when docked ! And this will be the ultimate app :)

Reactions: alberto90

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My f0cking god, this app is awesome!
I just tested Horizon FW on my OLED Switch, and it works like a charm!
Things to do: Add 1080p support when docked ! And this will be the ultimate app :)
I'm agree with you : 1080p support on switch will be amazing even in handled mode.

For comparaison, i tried android version on switch, and 1080p is supported (handled mode) : image is less blurry and there are less artefacts.

dragnipur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great for PS4 but I noticed it feels choppier for PS5. I transferred over my HFW save when I got my P5 and the remote play just wasn’t as smooth. Is it because of the higher resolution? Wondering if setting the PS5 to 1080p helps

Valiran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This works great for PS4 but I noticed it feels choppier for PS5. I transferred over my HFW save when I got my P5 and the remote play just wasn’t as smooth. Is it because of the higher resolution? Wondering if setting the PS5 to 1080p helps
I had no problem playing Horizon Forbidden West while my PS5 was still configured for my OLED 65C8.

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I finally made it work, but i thought my ps4 pro will not be so loud if i will play on this little screen. I guess i was wrong…

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something very strange : for GTA 5 Next-gen, on the main title where you have to choose between GTA 5 story or GTA Oline by pressing L1/R1, it's not working on chiaki (for Dirt Rally 2.0, you can swap screen with L1/R1 buttons)

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
News about 1080p : resolution is supported, you just need to specify it in the config file despite this resolution will not appear on GUI but this is not really working, too lots artefacts even with max OC...

Reactions: hippy dave

spiderpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello Guys,

I'm having trouble to connect to my PS5 over internet.

Managed easily to connect throught LAN.

I then added a new host where I set my internet ip.
I opened the foloowing ports and forwarded to my PS5 with static ip on my network.
UDP 9302
UDP & TCP 9295
UDP 9296
UDP 9297

I can wakeup the PS5 but I can't connect.

When I hit connect on chiaki, I just stays like that for like 2-3 minutes, I cannot move the cursor anymore but the screen is not frozen, the connect outline still "blinks".
I'm stuck like this for a while or if I hit power and turn the switch again.
If I hit the home button it goes grey/black full screen and usually crash to hekate

I don't get what's the issue.

In my LAN config everything works smoothly...

EDIT : IT WORKS...

I was using my "guest network" to be separated from my private network to test and it actually don't work like that.
But as soon as I connected to internet using my phone it worked flawlessly...

Looking forward to use it

Last edited by spiderpie,

AlexGubin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hi everyone. i have connected ps4 with lan cable. switch to mesh wifi network and overclocked it, but I'm still facing a 1-2 seconds freeze every 15-20 seconds, that is completely killing experience. have someone faced it?

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Condector,

i've got the same issue. As long as you use an IP address everythings working fine. But if you try a hostname like yoursubdomain.ddns.net it just works straight after registering within the app for the first time. When you restart the app it cuts the hostname after the first dot and it just shows the subdomain part. The hostname stays complete in the chiaki.conf, must be a little bug when reading the settings.

Did you find any way to fix it? I wrote ~a year ago in this thread somewhere but didn't get any response... It's a shame since otherwise the app is working flawless for me...
Not yet.. I was reading the code from times to times when I have time. I'm investigating that.

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm agree with you : 1080p support on switch will be amazing even in handled mode.

For comparaison, i tried android version on switch, and 1080p is supported (handled mode) : image is less blurry and there are less artefacts.
Well, Chiaki is ready to use with 1080p, but probably not optimized to run on that resolution on Switch. I changed the source code and recompile it to support 1080p on Switch:

chiakiapp.jpg

Even using a wired connection and MTU 1500, I have frame problems (maybe I need to work or investigate more "what's happening"). All tests below were using a wired 1Gbps cable connected on Switch with MTU set to 1500 running a remote PS5 on the same network:
  • 1080p 60fps: weird, frame mess
  • 1080p 30fps: some frames goes mess on intense battle.
  • 720p 60fps: smooth frames even on intense battle.
  • 720p 30fps: smooth frames even on intense battle, but lose some quality.
Here the image for 1080p (title screen):

1080p-hscr.jpg

and 720p:

720p-hscr.jpg

and now an in-game using 1080p:

1080p-ing.jpg

and 720p:

720p-ing.jpg

another in-game in 1080p (left) vs 720p (right):

resolution.png

yes, we gain some image quality, but the audio suffer a bit (probably because it's necessary to optimize something, maybe reduce audio quality or enable some compression, I don't know, I need to investigate more). Well, for now, my two cents. I attached my chiaki.nro compilation if someone wants to test too. Maybe some network adjustments could help.

Attachments

• chiaki.nro.7z
    6.2 MB · Views: 125
Last edited by condector,

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So to have the two systems (PS and Switch) in the same network I should use my wifi and the DNS adresses from AlAzif for the PS and the adresses mentioned here https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/ for the switch, is this correct?
And how can I imagine the quality of the stream? My router is in the 2nd floor and I like to play in the 1st floor. Is this achievable or is it only working if I sit in the same room?

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, Chiaki is ready to use with 1080p, but probably not optimized to run on that resolution on Switch. I changed the source code and recompile it to support 1080p on Switch:

View attachment 310278

Even using a wired connection and MTU 1500, I have frame problems (maybe I need to work or investigate more "what's happening"). All tests below were using a wired 1Gbps cable connected on Switch with MTU set to 1500 running a remote PS5 on the same network:
  • 1080p 60fps: weird, frame mess
  • 1080p 30fps: some frames goes mess on intense battle.
  • 720p 60fps: smooth frames even on intense battle.
  • 720p 30fps: smooth frames even on intense battle, but lose some quality.
Here the image for 1080p (title screen):

View attachment 310280

and 720p:

View attachment 310282

and now an in-game using 1080p:

View attachment 310283

and 720p:

View attachment 310284

another in-game in 1080p (left) vs 720p (right):

View attachment 310286

yes, we gain some image quality, but the audio suffer a bit (probably because it's necessary to optimize something, maybe reduce audio quality or enable some compression, I don't know, I need to investigate more). Well, for now, my two cents. I attached my chiaki.nro compilation if someone wants to test too. Maybe some network adjustments could help.
I will test it asap.

To my knowledge, 1080p code was already inside but the GUI part was missing

During my previous tests with ps5 connected on lan & switch @1785Mhz on wifi 6, the Witcher 3 was stable but dirt 2.0 had more artefacts and less stable, others ps5 were not good and I prefered the stability of 720p

On android Chiaki you can choose the bitrate of the stream…If you find a way to do that, it will better perhaps.

Reactions: condector

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So to have the two systems (PS and Switch) in the same network I should use my wifi and the DNS adresses from AlAzif for the PS and the adresses mentioned here removed for the switch, is this correct?
And how can I imagine the quality of the stream? My router is in the 2nd floor and I like to play in the 1st floor. Is this achievable or is it only working if I sit in the same room?
Being honest, I don't understand what are you talking about. I use BlackPearl AIO and as far as I noted, it uses directly something named dns.mitm and cauth test to allow me connect to the network using a CFW.

Well, I'm able to use my PS5 even outside home, but need (as I said sometime ago) to use my public IP in the chiaki.conf. To work smoothly, I use 540p + 30fps outside home. I have a 200/70 Internet link (200 down, 70 up).

So, if your WIFI connection is stable enough (I suggest 5GHz + MTU 1500), I guess it will be ok to use chiaki even with 720p + 30 fps.

I removed the links from the answer because I was limited as "new user".

Last edited by condector,
Reactions: jnl1

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will test it asap.

To my knowledge, 1080p code was already inside but the GUI part was missing

During my previous tests with ps5 connected on lan & switch @1785Mhz on wifi 6, the Witcher 3 was stable but dirt 2.0 had more artefacts and less stable, others ps5 were not good and I prefered the stability of 720p

On android Chiaki you can choose the bitrate of the stream…If you find a way to do that, it will better perhaps.

Yes, it is there... maybe I just need "copy" it into the Switch version. If it is inside the Android code, maybe I can handle to copy it to the Switch version. I do the changes to use 1080p in the GUI with Borealis.

Do you run The Witcher 3 in 1080p with the version I posted? Check if the image quality changes. To do that, just take a screenshot using the Switch, close, change the resolution and connect again remotely and take another screenshot with the lower resolution.

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Two interesting things. First, h265 is not enabled on the Switch version, and reading the Android code I can see that h265 is a "thing" for PS5. Also, bitrate is also another thing that we don't have on the Switch version.

Well, I need to understand now how to "insert" support to h265 when PS5 is the console, I don't know if Switch support it.. maybe that was the "main problem" here. Anyone know if Switch support h265 natively?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...