• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Chiaki on switchroot (android) is far away better than HOS : stream quality is very clean 1080p@60fps. On HOS, 720p@60fps give some artefacts. I don’t know if this is related to codec used or resolution…I try to overclock but it don’t change anything

The difference is very visible

I totally agree with that, but for me PSPlay or REPL4Y are much better. You have plenty of configuration options.

The only things that don't work are rumble and gyro neither for PS4 games nor PS5 games with attached joy cons in handheld mode.

Last edited by Geier,

elOledor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is amazing! However, is there yet a way to use the touch button when docked? Unable to play Deus Ex MD while docked without it.

I tried using an official PS4 controller via MissionControl but the touch button is mapped to the Switch controller's screenshot button :(

I have the same question, on switch if you are in docked mode I don't know how to simulate click on pad as in ps4 controller.

anyone knows?

Thanks in advance

MrGribble77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Dualsense controllers to work with Chiaki on Windows, anyone else having that issue? I use my dual sense controller for everything i play on windows. Im not sure why chiaki won't pick it up. It even tries to switch the audio to the controller when its connected. Also windows is showing it up as a wired controller. So im not sure whats going on... i dont have ds4windows installed. Do I need that?

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is this the best app for remote play on switch?

can you use the ds5 controllers and the switch as screen?
can you use the joy cons?

what doesnt work?

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok installed it. thanks

few questions, how do i use use the touchpad button on joy cons? to access that button

how do i add the chiaki menu to my main homescreen on switch, or do i have to always go through the album page to select app and then connect.

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently not connecting my PS5 to the internet because of a potential impending hack. Does anyone know if this would work locally thru intranet or does the PS5 have to be able to reach Sony's servers?

Fitaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone find out how to press Start and Select button while the Switch is in the docking station?

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok installed it. thanks

few questions, how do i use use the touchpad button on joy cons? to access that button

how do i add the chiaki menu to my main homescreen on switch, or do i have to always go through the album page to select app and then connect.
You literally asked exactly what I wanted to both questions any idea how to have the chiaki menu on the home screen and to access the touch pad even tried pressing the touch screen lol

vahnkaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know how I've just recently (yesterday) discovered this awesome app.

There are a few things I would like to point out.
  • The audio has ocasional stutters. I'm playing close to the router on a 5GHz ac network. I've tried changing the framerate and lowering resolution but that doesn't help.
    • Actually, regarding resolution, lowering it to ie. 540p introduces extreme Vertical Sync issues.
  • The sticks are very sensible and not so precise compared to playing on PlayStation, it feels like I'm sliding on ice.
  • There's no touchpad button.

But yeah, apart from that, good work! Thank you.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
i need help my ps4 have broken hdmi so i cant see the pin, i can use chiaki on switch and android so i can use the ps4 but i need to do the pin thing to activate chiaki in windows any help?

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
i need help my ps4 have broken hdmi so i cant see the pin, i can use chiaki on switch and android so i can use the ps4 but i need to do the pin thing to activate chiaki in windows any help?

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to add a function like gethostbyname() to translate a name into IP to be able to use Chiaki outside? If I use the IP address of my router, it works, but it's not convenient when we have a dynamic IP.

So, using a DDNS address sounds a better solution. But, if I use a DDNS entry into the config, Chiaki on Switch, it closes and didn't work. If I change the same field to my public IP address, everything works as expected. I was investigating the source code and saw some code like:

C++:
case HOST_ADDR:
        CHIAKI_LOGV(&this->log, "HOST_ADDR %s", value.c_str());
        if(current_host != nullptr)
                current_host->host_addr = value;
        break;

Maybe I just need to change or use a function into a place that returns the IP address to all the structure. I will need more time to understand the flow of the code to be able to change the correct place. Maybe if the dev that knows the code do that, will solve it faster and better (or just point me the source that I need to focus my attention).
Hi Condector,

i've got the same issue. As long as you use an IP address everythings working fine. But if you try a hostname like yoursubdomain.ddns.net it just works straight after registering within the app for the first time. When you restart the app it cuts the hostname after the first dot and it just shows the subdomain part. The hostname stays complete in the chiaki.conf, must be a little bug when reading the settings.

Did you find any way to fix it? I wrote ~a year ago in this thread somewhere but didn't get any response... It's a shame since otherwise the app is working flawless for me...

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i saw this message on youtube, but couldn’t make it work. I am on ps4 jb 9.00.

For people on jailbreak 7.55 or above which requires a psn ID to do remote play. If you have like me never connected to psn on your jailbroken ps4 and like to keep it that way : input this is (16 times 0) as psn ID : 0000000000000000 Leave online id empty. This worked for me on ps4 pro on 7.55 cfw. I used chiaki 2.1.1.

do i need internet connection at ps4 and switch?

Reactions: tatumanu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.