• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hekel_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no need to actually wipe your prodinfo any more, and it's not worth the risk of recommending it, at least on sysnand. The number of permanently damaged Switches I see posted about because people lost their prodinfo backup makes me sad (and worse is people unknowingly buying said Switches). You can use Atmosphere's on-the-fly prodinfo blanking, its new DNS redirection, and 90dns - any of them should do the job, but no harm in combining all three.

He mentioned EmuNand, I would definitely not recommend doing it on SysNand at all.

Reactions: hippy dave

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's been poorly explained.

Chiaki doesn't need INTERNET, it needs a connection, a Wi-Fi connection, exactly like your PSVita does.
There are multiple ways to block access to Nintendo servers on your Switch, the most efficient one probably being Incognito mode, that gets rid of your prodinfo.

Okay that makes more sense. So if I connect my emuMMC to an WiFi access-point that is connected to my PS5 but doesn't allow any outbound connection to the internet Chiaki will still work?

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to add 1080p mode for docked use?
Im using two different TVs. One in my bedroom and one in my living room. Right now with 720p it’s a bit too blurry.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay that makes more sense. So if I connect my emuMMC to an WiFi access-point that is connected to my PS5 but doesn't allow any outbound connection to the internet Chiaki will still work?

It won't. The device generating the wifi must be connected to Internet.

They just told you to use some methods to allow your Switch to connect to Internet while avoiding sending information to Nintendo Servers (but allowing Sony Google or any other Internet destinations).

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It won't. The device generating the wifi must be connected to Internet.

They just told you to use some methods to allow your Switch to connect to Internet while avoiding sending information to Nintendo Servers (but allowing Sony Google or any other Internet destinations).

Well I sidestepped the problem entirely now. I found a Android 10 build for the Swich and just use Chiaki there, works like a charm! :D

Reactions: momin

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i used this hombrew program and i am surprised there is no input delay and connection is somewhat stable. Now, in the OP it mentions "use 90DNS to allow nintendo switch lan". Can anybody elaborate how to use the lan mode (already set 90DNS) or is it automatically connected? I am trying to get the connection speeds better especially since i dont have a router port for the ps4. Also can anybody also recomend other DNS that may result with a faster performance/connection. Thanks in advance.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This works nicer than the official app on my Moto G8. I prefer to use the Switch NRO, as the Android APK has B+A buttons swapped for my controls with no easy fix. It's probably better for other reasons too (like overhead/battery drain).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only thing I'd like to see added for the Switch version, is the capacity for multiple profiles. For the meantime I just have two copies of chiaki.nro in different subfolders.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this on my Switch running Android 10 and it works mostly well, only issue is that the D pads won't work. Is there an easy way to fix it? Is it fixed in this homebrew port?

Tu40k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question continues to pop up in this thread but there have been no definitive answers as of yet.

How does one get this application to work away from the network the PS4 is currently linked to? I have tried and updated and erased and started anew multiple times, port forwarded everything, and I cannot get this app to work anywhere except the comfort of my home. It seems as if a few people have succeeded otherwise and I (as well as many others) am curious to know how. Any help would be appreciated.

This app is incredible. By far one of the top homebrews around, imo.

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I play over internet and it's working very well.
Here are my settings for PS5:

Open the following ports on our router:
UDP 9295 - 9297
TCP 9295

When you want to wake up your console following port:
UDP 9302 (for PS5)
UDP 987 (for PS4)

In chiaki you have to put in your public IP address. With dyndns addresses it doesn't work. You can manually edit your config file with an editor.

I hope you can enjoy it now!

Cheers

Last edited by Geier,
Reactions: Dark Ronin

Tu40k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

UDP 9295 - 9297
TCP 9295

UDP 9302 (for PS5)
UDP 987 (for PS4)

In chiaki you have to put in your public IP address. With dyndns addresses it doesn't work.

Cheers
Appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, I have attempted all of this before. All of these ports are indeed open on my router, including 987 for my PS4. My public IP is correctly placed in the chiaki config. The issue has continued to persist.

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, I have attempted all of this before. All of these ports are indeed open on my router, including 987 for my PS4. My public IP is correctly placed in the chiaki config. The issue has continued to persist.
Is the console already registered?

I first registered my console in home network and then I changed the IP address in config file. Maybe you can try this.

Can you wake up your PS4?

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it has been successfully registered. I can wake the console on my home connection. Away from home, no dice.
Sorry to hear that!

Next week I'll test it with my PS4. As I already said with my PS5 it's working very well.

Last edited by Geier,

Beckershoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

UDP 9295 - 9297
TCP 9295

UDP 9302 (for PS5)
UDP 987 (for PS4)

In chiaki you have to put in your public IP address. With dyndns addresses it doesn't work. You can manually edit your config file with an editor.

Cheers

Personally I would recommend (due to security concerns) setting up a VPN server at home like Wireguard or OpenVPN. On negative thing about this approach is that you are forced to use Android or Ubuntu on your switch due to lack of VPN client options in Horizon.

Last edited by Beckershoff,

Pottercraft824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey for me, my ps5 over Ethernet is not connecting when not on the same Wi-Fi as my ps5 even with these ports forwarded. You seem like you know a thing or two so do you know what’s wrong?

Tu40k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey for me, my ps5 over Ethernet is not connecting when not on the same Wi-Fi as my ps5 even with these ports forwarded. You seem like you know a thing or two so do you know what’s wrong?
It sounds as if you and I, along with many, many others, are having the same issue. Really hoping that this can be addressed once and for all.

Easchel

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Absolutely great work with the recent releases of chiaki! But what is it about the added feature „rumble“ on android devices besides the mobile phone vibration? Is there a way to pass the rumble signal to an xbox one controller through an OTG-cable? I know there‘s not really rumble support on android devices (especially not via bluetooth). However with a xbox one controller connected via OTG you get full rumble support in e.g. steam link.

Would that be possible in chiaki as well? Or will it just stay with the mobile phone vibration motor?

Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.