Australia
    Yes running SXOS - I've tried from album as well as applet mode via hbmenu

Last edited by ksdazhahs, Jun 16, 2020
  2. ksdazhahs

ksdazhahs Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    @trondvegardk can you try this please:

Run any game from switch menu in SX OS while holding down the R key. Choose the user for the game. After this, instead of the game, hb menu will launch -> this gives hb menu full ram access

Try run chiaki from here, after PS4 is in remote play pairing mode. A keyboard should pop up, enter pin without spaces. Let me know if this works for you?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The chiaki nro should work without full RAM access as well after it is paired, but my guess is you will probably get better performance launching with full RAM access.

3. igoticecream

igoticecream Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Have you tried this to help with the video stream without overclocking? https://github.com/devkitPro/deko3d

H0neyBadger likes this.
  4. H0neyBadger

OP H0neyBadger Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I will take a look thank you for your help !

5. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    Can be deleted, I missunderstood this for the Android version thread

Last edited by moonblood666, Jun 18, 2020
  6. H0neyBadger

Newcomer

France
    Hi Djakku, sorry for the late reply.
    I m having the same issue.
    On a fresh build, aarch64-none-elf-gcc raise the following error.
    And after as second run, compilation process is working like nothing happened.
    • rm -r ./build_switch
    • bash scripts/switch/build.sh # ERROR
    • bash scripts/switch/build.sh # Success

@XorTroll do you have any idea (I m asking because you faced the same issue before)?

Code:
    + cmake -B ./build_switch -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/opt/devkitpro/switch.cmake -DCMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING=1 -DCHIAKI_ENABLE_TESTS=OFF -DCHIAKI_ENABLE_CLI=OFF -DCHIAKI_ENABLE_G
    UI=OFF -DCHIAKI_ENABLE_ANDROID=OFF -DCHIAKI_ENABLE_SWITCH=ON -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=ON -DCHIAKI_SWITCH_ENABLE_LINUX=OFF -DCHIAKI_LIB_ENABLE_MBEDTLS=ON           
    -- The C compiler identification is GNU 10.1.0                                                                                                                           
    -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 10.1.0                                                                                                                         
    -- Check for working C compiler: /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/aarch64-none-elf-gcc                                                                                       
    -- Check for working C compiler: /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/aarch64-none-elf-gcc - broken                                                                             
    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):                                                                                     
      The C compiler

"/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/aarch64-none-elf-gcc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/usr/sbin/make cmTC_1bf81/fast && /usr/sbin/make  -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/build
        make[1]: Entering directory '/var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
        Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj
        /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/aarch64-none-elf-gcc  -isystem /opt/devkitpro/libnx/include  -D__SWITCH__ -march=armv8-a+crc+crypto -mtune=cortex-a57 -mtp=soft -ftls-model=local-exec -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -fPIE   -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj   -c /var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
        Linking C executable cmTC_1bf81
        /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
        /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/aarch64-none-elf-gcc -D__SWITCH__ -march=armv8-a+crc+crypto -mtune=cortex-a57 -mtp=soft -ftls-model=local-exec -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections    -specs=/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch.specs -specs=/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch.specs  CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj  -o cmTC_1bf81  /opt/devkitpro/libnx/lib/libnx.a
        aarch64-none-elf-gcc: fatal error: /opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch.specs: attempt to rename spec 'link' to already defined spec 'old_link'
        compilation terminated.
        make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_1bf81.dir/build.make:107: cmTC_1bf81] Error 1
        make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
        make: *** [Makefile:141: cmTC_1bf81/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      CMakeLists.txt:4 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    See also "/var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
    See also "/var/home/h0neybadger/Projects/chiaki/build_switch/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I suspect the duplicated "-specs=/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch.specs -specs=/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch.specs " in gcc test to be responsible of this. But I did not identified the faulty component (cmake, aarch64-none-elf-gcc, or toolchain change issue?)

thestr4ng3r (upstream project owner) got the same issue
    https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki/commit/0df3ba69cd11d1833a328cee93aa21669bba70e3
    chiaki's automatic builds look broken (on pacman arch) since the 31st of may.

I will search a little bit more and raise an issue on devkitpro's repos if I can't fix it by myself.

7. Djakku

Djakku Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey @H0neyBadger ,
    I'm pretty certain the issue lies in the makefile, taken from nxengine-evo , when I played around with it,
    I have managed to compile the lib but not the nro file as of yet.

But then again, I started to c++ during to lockdown so there is so much I actually don't know. I was planning to see If I could play around your build and learn how to make GUI with plutonium or the newly released borealis.

8. H0neyBadger

Newcomer

France
    Hi,
    in that case, feel free to give a try on the switch-gui branch
    https://github.com/H0neyBadger/chiaki/tree/switch-gui
    this is a work in progress branch.
    it contains my latest changes and a Plutonium GUI prototype.
    you just have to run the build script twice to build the nro (with the latest devkitpro from pacman).
    • rm -r ./build_switch
    • bash scripts/switch/build.sh # ERROR
    • bash scripts/switch/build.sh # Success

you might be right about the cmake/switch.cmake, I will take a look a it . thx.

I keep this branch in a dirty state since I broke the remote play and a lot of work needs to be done.
    as always, any help is welcome ;-)

Djakku likes this.
  9. whobroughtben

whobroughtben Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Been waiting for something like this! Thanks for all your hard work!

10. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Does anyone else's system crash as soon as they start the NRO?

11. Devilm00n

Devilm00n Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Nope, never happened. Probably something configured wrongly in the conf file? Try posting the logs here anyway

12. AD2076

AD2076 GBAtemp Regular
    Developer

Italy
    I got it. be sure your config file is named properly: chiaki.conf

H0neyBadger likes this.
  13. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Im stuck at finding my Psn AccountID. I'm probably just missing something stupid but i dont know. Iv'e downloaded the script but when i open it nothing happens.

@H0neyBadger i'm sure i'm just an idiot but would you mind spoonfeeding me. when running the file in terminal i get this:

\psn-account-id.py", line 6
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Last edited by Kaybag182, Jul 9, 2020
  14. Cybereu

Cybereu Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
  15. Kaybag182

Australia
  16. Kaybag182

Australia
    Awesome. Got it working. This is fantastic. I’ve got the Last of Us 1 running absolutely fine with 0 overclock.

17. macia10

macia10 GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a compiled version with GUI? Or can at least show some screens of it working? :)

18. Keriam

Keriam Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello all,

Can someone confirm if it works at [email protected] ? Until now, i'm using official app with switchroot

19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    I don't know why, but I always had issue connecting to Sony's servers, or partners websites (dreams, path of exile, etc.)
    it works fine only on PS4, but on computer or phone, it always says "The connection to the server timed out", or even gives an error in red GUID form.

their help page is only "if you forgot your password, reset it"...
    One day, I'll be able to get my ID and try Chiaki, I don't give up trying :D

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 14, 2020
  20. lunixoid

lunixoid Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Hi, all.
    I want to help with developing this awesome app, but I had issues with compiling the project.
    Branch: switch-gui
    Env: docker image chiaki-switch builded from chiaki/switch-gui sources
    1st issue that make could not test devkitpro gcc with error:
    aarch64-none-elf-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option '-rdynamic'
    Then I removed '-rdynamic' from /usr/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/Platform/Linux-GNU.cmake and tried to run scripts/switch/build.sh
    2nd issue about linker errors
    Some reference issues could be fixed with adding -lswresample -lm -lz -lvpx -lavcodec
    But I got more issues that could not resolve, f.e.
    /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: glspirv.c:(.text._mesa_spirv_to_nir+0x17c): undefined reference to `nir_lower_variable_initializers'
    /opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.1.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: /home/fincs/pacman-packages/libnx/src/libnx-3.3.0/nx/source/runtime/newlib.c:435: undefined reference to `__tls_start'

and etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - homebrew, Chiaki, remote