Hacking Chiaki, an open source PlayStation 4 Remote Play client

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen this article leading to this github. Builds provided for the main desktop OSes, with potential to port to more fun platforms with enough work. Haven't tried it yet and it sounds like it's not 100% finished, but in a good useable state and it's very nice to see the protocol being tackled in a free open-source manner.

Reactions: bbqtool and Leeful

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. I was actually considering getting a Windows 10 box (seemingly a requirement of official remote play) but this could make things far nicer.

Reactions: hippy dave

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No joy with the appimage thing on 64 bit Linux Mint 17.3. Set the run bit, program opens and shows in task manager but quits immediately (nothing visible on screen).

Command line mentions stuff about CXXABI_1.3.8 not being found. Not the first time I have had similar issues but I think I am on an odd versions of things so probably time to actually upgrade (pity as I have everything sorted how I like it right now, must remember to backup fonts this time).

Still interested though, especially as I picked up a nice little fight stick thing this morning for not a lot at all.

Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been toying a lot lately with Chiaki on my Windows 10 desktop, and my Arch Linux Thinkpad, and it's worked awesomely for me on my 5.05 console :)

I'd highly suggest it if y'all are able to get it setup yourselves :)

Edit: Just realized that I accidentally bumped a month old thread, sorry!

jimlaman8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get this or any other ps4 client to connect to my ps4 on the switch under android (did all the steps to make it work), but works fine on android on the phone

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tried it on my Android tablet to test the image delay (which was pretty bad on the official Sony app for me). And while the delay is significantly less than on the official app, it seems that the image is a bit darker and more pixelated. Is there a way to adjust that? I see an settings import feature. Is there any documentation on what settings can be adjusted manually?

Second question: I guess the dev of that project doesn't intend to work on an offline version which directly connects to the PS4 like the VIta can, right? In case you don't have internet access or a router at the moment (if your on a vacation and took your PS4 with you for instance).

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I've played around with the Windows version. Does anyone know where the registered consoles and connection data is stored? Which directory?

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I've played around with the Windows version. Does anyone know where the registered consoles and connection data is stored? Which directory?

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi