Chewing Gum. What happened to it?

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its like disappeared.

Where are those sticks I grew up with? Now its all Stride, Eclipse, Orbit, 5 Gum and the stuff that does come in sticks is 2$ for 15 pieces ie double mint, that blue package that everyone loved because it was wintergreen but I always preffered peppermint because it wasnt a sweet flavor but a nice smell to cover up the smoke smell.

Anyway I quit smoking and use chewing gum (used cough drops like mthr said but they made me feel sick so I switched to altoids) but have to pay a shit load for stuff I paid a dollar for like 100 sticks when I was young and im shocked as to what the fuck happened.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking the same thing lately TTDSman. Nobody just sells sticks of gum anymore. And if they do, it packaged in some stupid box that's totally overpriced.

I actually sorta like Orbitz, but still, it's way too much for just gum.

Only thing I can still find that makes any sense is the big packs (or multi-packs) of Extra. They still have them at grocery stores and Wal-Mart. I've found that gum in traditional packaging is in the aisles with the big bags of candy, not at the checkout. The stuff at checkout (and in gas stations) is all the flashy, overpriced, "EXTREME" crap.

I can't believe I just wrote that much about gum.
wacko.gif
Maybe I should do some work.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to 7-11 to get some chewing gum and found all of the flashy expensive shit. Couldnt fine extra but I shall stick to extra from now on (depending on the price) it may be cheaper than cigarettes but not by much.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Props to you for quitting, man.

Beginning to think I ought to, myself.

I wonder if you could still find Fruit Stripe gum, somewhere.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember them selling these sticks of gum in a dollar store one time. Not sure if they have it in the US, but it is called Dollarama. They might still be selling them there. Next time I go there, I am gonna go check if they have any of those types of gum.

D

Deleted User

Vulpes Abnocto said:
Props to you for quitting, man.

Beginning to think I ought to, myself.

I wonder if you could still find Fruit Stripe gum, somewhere.

Is that the one with the zebra and tatoos?
I liked it when I was a kid, but I bought some recently and it tastes like shit

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but I can still find at least 5-stick packs of whatever kinds of chewing gum I want at Wal-Mart. Actually, just about everywhere I go in Michigan.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Teej said:
We still have our childhood faves over here
smileipb2.png

Yeah although I miss Bazooka Joe with the mini cartoons and whatever the hell those were called that came with a lick and stick tattoo
smile.gif

We still have sticks of gum in the Wrigley's brand... which afaik you can get most places in the world as sticks of gum still including USA etc
smile.gif

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
I chew gum all the time, though it's usually Trident White (since it fits nicely into a back pocket.) I used to chew Big Red all the (it's what my dad liked, too, which is why I started chewing it) and Fruit Stripe gum though not as often as it wasn't as easy to find and it had a bizarre texture...which, now as I think of it, was closer to Japanese gum than American and you can find all kinds of stick-packs of gum at an Asian market (I see Black Black gum at Uwajimaya all the time.) Jolt makes a couple of different gums too, I've seen them at 7-Eleven (anyone else here old enough to remember when they were actually open 7am-11pm?); laced with caffeine, too, so you get a little perk with every chew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s