Check R4i3D kernel without the need of looking for the cart sticker

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by JJ1013, Apr 16, 2018.

1. JJ1013
    OP

JJ1013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Hello! I'm a new guy on GBATemp, and I wanted to ask a certain problem that isn't part of the thread :lol::
    Since games like "Animal Crossing - Wild World" have been constantly freezing for no reason, I've planned to update my flashcard.
    But here's a problem: you need to check which year is the flashcard! They say you can check it on the sticker, but you see...
    The one I bought this thing slapped a sticker on it. Yeah, they're like "yup, it's our flashcard! EOL COM Online Electronics! but here's the flashcard kernel webpage insert r4itt webpage link here (is what I thought they would've said)".

Now there's another problem: if you flash a kernel on it which is not intended for the flashcard, you brick it. And that's some really bad news for me.

So here comes the question: how do I check the R4i3D kernel without looking at the cart sticker?

The flashcard HNI_0001.JPG HNI_0004.JPG

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Can you post higher res pics?

3. JJ1013
    OP

JJ1013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I think I could if I do it via a link. The rules says that you shouldn't post images with a big size than 500x100 pixels.

Wonder if I don't break the rules if I post it in a link...

4. JJ1013
    OP

JJ1013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Here they are.
    front.JPG back.JPG

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  6. JJ1013
    OP

JJ1013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    What... My problem is not with R4iTT, my problem is with R4i3D. And, you know the rules right?
    Right, then I'll have to upload them pictures into files.

So, right back to work.

7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    the Kernel used by most clones have a timebomb in them (they'll soft brick after a certain date) rule of thumb don't buy an r4 with a year on it's sticker it's most likely rigged to brick I got an r4isdhc gold pro (2017) i had no idea the timebomb existed until i already bought it from nds-card and others told me btw if your not into dsi enhaced games like Pokemon b/w(2) may i suggest retrogamefan's kernel it's safe

8. JJ1013
    OP

JJ1013 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    I did some little research and I noticed the R4iSDHC is the only flashcard that has a timebomb.

I'm talking about R4i3D, not R4iSDHC or R4iTT. So please, stick into the theme.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice