Check out the 2DS's Just 1 Screen!

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are joking about hardware hackers but some of them might actually use these screens for projects. The cost of the 2DS is pretty low so I would be interested in seeing what people do with these things.
This. I can imagine when the 3(2)DS Homebrew goes public, a modder can, well, mod the shell and expose the screen to play fullscreen video.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, "DS" stands for "Developer's System". :tpi:

It may be a lie, but it's comfortable and convenient, damn it! You and your cold facts can't take this from me.

And while we're on the subject, I seriously have to wonder what's going on with Nintendo? I mean, first the Wii U has one screen too many, now the 2DS has one too little. What's the deal? A factory mishap or something? Jeez, get your shit together, guys, you're losing it.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But That Big LCD of 2ds Is A Touchscreen? Or NOt?
Think of it this way, the screen is just one huge screen. The bottom part has a sticker on it, the sticker registers the touches. The upper part doesn't have that sticker, and thus can't register touches.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But That Big LCD of 2ds Is A Touchscreen? Or NOt?
It's not, it's just a screen. When the casing is closed, the lower half is covered with a touch-sensitive transparent film that registers touch. Just like on the DS. It looks like this:

eF3CLxT.jpg

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad i saw a review on this. this system is made for kids. also if the kids are fat i don't think they can play it because they have chubby fingers or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1