Hacking check out my wiimote

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
yesterday i decided to replace the LEDs that i put in my wiimote ages ago (the other ones broke) and while i was doing it i had a thought, wouldn't the wiimote look awesome in black?

so i got some flat black spray paint and here it is

from this:

imgp3631kl6.jpg

imgp3632gp3.jpg

to this:

lights off

imgp3620xx5.jpg

imgp3626zl0.jpg

lights on

imgp3628fp5.jpg

imgp3629ag9.jpg

video:

and those of you saying "what's the use of putting lights in, you can only see them at night". i use a projector with my wii, so i only ever play with the curtains closed.

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
cribby08 said:
Don't listen to the negitive idiots that troll through this board - keep up the good work!
Says the idiot who quotes 5000 pixels of image.

You always have something stupid to say; always trying to put someone down in your posts b/c they are not as 1337 as you......acting like you know best. Your arrogance is appalling.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cribby08 said:
Urza said:
cribby08 said:
Don't listen to the negitive idiots that troll through this board - keep up the good work!
Says the idiot who quotes 5000 pixels of image.

You always have something stupid to say; always trying to put someone down in your posts b/c they are not as 1337 as you......acting like you know best. Your arrogance is appalling.
Generic "I can't think of anything intelligent to say so I'm just going to exaggerate how super pro you are" retort #27.

ladies, ladies. don't fight, you can both have me.
Thread hijacked by RAAAAAGGGGEEE.

Speff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got any details on the paint you used? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure of what type to get. This looks pretty awesome by the way, good job.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you would do this, doesn't look all that neat-o. Plus you don't get to see it to much. Now if there were some nice painted figures on there (mario, ying-yang, trees, etc.) you would have me. There are a lot of mods out there, but making the mods look hot, that's the deal
wink.gif

Speff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mohammad said:
I'm not sure why you would do this, doesn't look all that neat-o. Plus you don't get to see it to much. Now if there were some nice painted figures on there (mario, ying-yang, trees, etc.) you would have me. There are a lot of mods out there, but making the mods look hot, that's the deal
wink.gif

I'd have to disagree. The Wii design is all about simplicity. Painted figures adds more noise (Even if it's good looking) to the design. Black and sleek, that's what I wanna go for in the end.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Speff said:
Got any details on the paint you used? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure of what type to get. This looks pretty awesome by the way, good job.

i just used some automotive touch-up paint, but you'd prolly be better off with something made for plastics

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this mod a while ago, except the b button, mine was light up on rumble, you can see the thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93992&hl=wiimote

I also did a custom paint job on it too.

Did you have any weird problems after you'd soldered the LEDs in? My Wii remote didn't recognize the nunchuck whenever I'd have the A button LED installed, so now I only have my on rumble B button and nunchuck LED, because I can't have the A button one for some reason.

Speff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
I did this mod a while ago, except the b button, mine was light up on rumble, you can see the thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93992&hl=wiimote

I also did a custom paint job on it too.

Did you have any weird problems after you'd soldered the LEDs in? My Wii remote didn't recognize the nunchuck whenever I'd have the A button LED installed, so now I only have my on rumble B button and nunchuck LED, because I can't have the A button one for some reason.

This happened to me when I put in 3mm LEDs into my classic controller. When I'd plug it in, it would lose power and wouldn't work after some time. Although yours doesn't connect instantly, I think you have the same problem. I think it might be that the LEDs suck up too much power and shut off the peripherals. When I rewired my classic controller to use SMDs instead of 3mms, it started to work fine. Note, I did install the multicolor A button and the player indicator mod so that contributed to the energy suck.

EDIT: By the way, sweet paintjob
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.