check a game for being bricker or not.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by test84, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    hi,
    1-i heard that DSlazy does check your roms for being bricker or not, is there another/better software for doing so?
    2- which sites you recommend downloading roms from?
    TIA!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    1. DSLazy is an all in one tool. Never used it, but it sould be good enough. If not, make your own app.
    2. No asking for roms. edit - well, I believe it IS ok to ask for noncommercial roms (google search nds roms and most site you come across will offer noncommercial roms)

3. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx!
    2- i asked it cuz a guy mentiond this sites IIRC or something, so i wanted to know what it is. if you would PM me about it, or anyone who wants to help.
    TIA!

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    for reference. IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. Simplified there are chat rooms with people talking and fileservers which can send you files.

It can get complicated for new users so i suggest googling for a guide.
    i also reccomend mIRC as a windows program to access it.

5. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really dont think you have to worry about brickers too much, i've even tried to find a bricker to test out on my nds for fun and i cant find it... Moonshell has a bricker prevention but not sure if it detects when executed or just refuse to run the rom.

---
    oh prob why i couldnt find it, i just googled r0mloader.nds/.zip and taihen.nds/.zip

forgot to mention earlier if your worried of bricker why not consider flashing your ds with flashme for recovery mode

6. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    I dont think you actually googled for the DS bricker, as i got several links of info, and one link thats the creators site which has a download link for the bricker. But i wouldnt download it if i were you, as i hear its tough to fix.

7. test84
    OP

Iran
    no way! i dont want to brick my DSL, i just want to test the roms that i have that they are bricker or not.
    i just found dslazy for this matter, if there is another program, plz help with it!
    thnx to all helpers!

8. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    I didn't mean you should brick your ds if thats what you meant, i was replying to Takrin. DSLazy is probably your best and only bet on checking if its bricked.