Gaming Cheats.

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, theres alot of talk about cheats here and there. I dont get. Why do people use cheats?
My friend had an Game Genie on for his NES, never understood it even back then...

Not having a go, just curious why they're so popular and what they're used for? I feel like i'm missing something here

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
People have their own reasons for using cheats. Mine is I don't have much time to play (I have to work) while there're so many good games. I choose cheat codes wisely, I need to finish the game quickly but not missing the fun, so usually I use max money and exp multiplier (I don't have to spend a lot of time grinding and I can buy strong weapons+armor early so I can finish the fight fast).

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
rich333 said:
Hey, theres alot of talk about cheats here and there. I dont get. Why do people use cheats?
My friend had an Game Genie on for his NES, never understood it even back then...

Not having a go, just curious why they're so popular and what they're used for? I feel like i'm missing something here

i use cheat codes to make the game better

some games is just horrible with some crazy turtle text speed!
some games is just super slow! the game is unplayable! so i make a cheat to speed up the game!

of course i use cheats like walkthrough wall, movement speed to save my time
smile.gif

i hardly use those HP,MP codes
that remove the fun part of the game

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
elixirdream said:

some games is just super slow! the game is unplayable! so i make a cheat to speed up the game!

smile.gif

I thought you use cheats because it's your job, and you love your job a lot
tongue.gif

Just joking, elixir
laugh.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
depends, if i am halfway through the game and i lost all motivation(case in point: a witch's tale) i just grab hp/mp never decrease, if there's a 1hko cheat, i probably wont enabled it just yet, maybe till i am 3/4.

As for other game, if it's the same old boring thing, like FF and i cant be ass to grind more than i need to, max money will save my ass.

So, it depend, i might feel like playing legit, but only if i have too much times on my hand or i feel like this game deserved every amount of time in it.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i use cheats to make a game fun
like the khan and size modifier codes in elite beat agents

there are a tonne of fun codes for pokemon games such as the one where you input the number of the pokemon you wish t encounter into your poke'tch if you in an invalid number like 0 then you get fun results
happy.gif

also, the most fun i ever had playing gta: cw was by using the tank code and seeing how long i could rampage before i died or got busted
biggrin.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
ShinRyouma said:
elixirdream said:

smile.gif

I thought you use cheats because it's your job, and you love your job a lot
tongue.gif

Just joking, elixir
laugh.gif

i like what i am doing
smile.gif

thats for sure...

i use cheat because i want to improve my gaming experience
however, i prefer grinding but i agree with your point of view
best armour, max stats just to speed up the game
tongue.gif

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes a game is too hard, and i'll want to see the end, or at least later parts of the game. Seriously, I'm a nut for stories. I used to do that all the time on the NES knowing full well I'd be disappointed in the endings. (bonus surprise: Monster Party's bizarro ending made it all worthwhile)

N00ByBo0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What i always do is complete the game first without cheats. And to have more fun in one game i use cheats for have some extra hours fun.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people do it for fun, like after they have completed it and want to mess around. Others (like me) do it in Pokemon games to get Event Pokemon. They only come out once and if you miss it then you can't get the certain Pokemon you want ever(unless you trade it).

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are cheats to give you an advantage in a game(max money code and such which will inevitably affect your overall gaming experience), cheats that improve the game(text speed x2, walking speed x2, etc) and cheats you can have fun with and not affect the gameplay i.e. appearance changes, different camera angles, etc. Changing Links tunic to blue, or your protagonist in pokemon to a team rocket member, or changing Kirby in canvas curse to king Dee Dee Dee are fun codes & I want to use this second to give thanks to those who forged these codes, and those who are making these kind of codes

grog.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use cheats but I do use RTS so I don't have to go though a whole level and waste time. I also like to use sav files so I can unlock the harder levels without having to beat a game 10 times. As for cheats I use them with wifi games like Mario Kart because you can't even play without them.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's somewhat of a "Game Enhancer" when you're bored. Like, if you finished a game and have nothing to do, it's time...to....HACK! Or..people just like using cheats because they need help in a special part of a game.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't really use cheats on modern games ( however sometimes I use cheats for 8-bit retro games that are insanely difficult or just impossible to finish without cheating ),
however I do use walktroughs or maps when I really get stuck in a game and might quit to play altogether.
Another reason I've used whalktroughs recently, was because I wanted to finish some games that I was really far into, but stopped playing a few months ago for lack of time.......I didn't know where to go and what to do next anymore, so thanks to the walktrough, I was able to pick it up from where I left and eventually keep going by myself once I got the hang of it again.

But cheating in a multiplayer game just to improve your score and look cool...........that's a total failure and if you do that you are nothing but a pathetic looser !
I never really honestly needed any cheat in DS / Wii or modern PC games.....they are already easy as it is nowadays......but when I get to play 8 bit emulators ( like Spectrum, C64 ) than I don't see why not..........if I didn't manage to complete those games in 25 years , what am I waiting for ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded