Cheats won't work for some Games, such as Pokemon.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by r4izthebest, Jul 13, 2009.

1. r4izthebest
    OP

Newcomer r4izthebest Member

United States
    I downloaded the USRcheat from cheats.gbatemp.net and moved it to the "system" folder of my R4. When I turned on my R4 to see if the Games have cheats, there were a few games that did not have cheats (such as pokemon). Is it a kernel problem that causes some cheats to not show? (I probably have Version 1.18) Idk what kind of R4 I have (I have an R4 that is black that came w/ a blue case, where I can put my DS games inside, and it also came w/ a grey/white and black USB)...So I'm lost [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    its the cheat file which didnt contain
    download all of them and see which one has it

btw r4i is "not" the best

3. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

you just went there (cheats.gbatemp.net) to download, but you didn't bother to click on the Important Notice:

4. r4izthebest
    OP

United States
    I've read the important notice. I'm trying to say is there another solution besides the other 4 solutions? (I can't get a new R4, the cheat(UE).dat was prolly removed, which I can't download, and I can't even open the CHEAT.DAT file, or can I?) Well, if you can open the CHEAT.DAT file, how? If not, can you give me other solutions? [​IMG]

5. r4izthebest
    OP

United States
    Nvm guys, I'm just gonna make my own CHEAT folder, manually...it's gonna take some time, though, but it's totally worth it, Thanks for trying to help me guys. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    A new R4 wouldn't solve your problem, it would give you the exact same one.

Either try the new "unofficial" firmware that was released by some other company for a clone, or just use ysmenu (Search GBAtemp for YSAuto or something like that). I'm pretty sure they both fix the problem.

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
  8. ShadeZero

Newcomer ShadeZero Newbie

Canada
    but wat if you had a clone? the r4li firmware doesnt work for r4 clones so you could get a real r4.....or you could go to the link elixer just gave but ya................

9. r4izthebest
    OP

United States
    Okay, Thanks.

10. shawty00

Newcomer shawty00 Advanced Member

United States
    i had the same problem before. i was told that the r4 can only read a certain amount of codes, so if you have the whole library of cheat codes on the file, it wont read some of the cheat codes for games. what i did is i deleted all the games off the USRcheat file that i didn't play, like japanese games and such. all my games then had cheat codes. to edit the cheat file you have to download a cheat code editor.

hope this helped! [​IMG]

11. thunduaga

Newcomer thunduaga Advanced Member

United States
    that is the solution. Also you can edit your CHEAT.dat with R4cce wich can be downloaded from this website. Your problem also may be that your CHEAT.dat and your USRCHEAT.dat dont have the same codes. probobly not though. your best solution is the quote above and once again the R4cce can open and edit your CHEAT.dat and its alot better than "Cheat Code Editor"

-Good luck

12. r4izthebest
    OP

United States
    Hmm...I've downloaded the Cheat Code Editor at one of the official R4DS site. I've tried to open the USRcheat.dat but it wouldn't open, instead, the Cheat Code Editor had a problem w/ the Cheat and shut down. :S

13. r4izthebest
    OP

United States
    I've tried the R4CCE and it worked like a Charm ^^. I can now edit the USRCHEAT.DAT. Thanks Thunduaga and shawty00 your replies have helped me.