Cheats, Soft reset and slow motion not working on i touch ds

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by HYPERMETAL, Oct 13, 2008.

1. HYPERMETAL
    OP

Newcomer HYPERMETAL Advanced Member

United States
    The cheats on my i touch aren't working, i download just about all the cheats on all the firmwares and see if they work,but nothing!, i set the cheats up to always on and pick the cheats,then i play a rom like new super mario bros (i set the cheats to be flower power mario,infinite lives,infinite coins..) but nothing happens!

For soft reset, i set it to L+R+B+A+X and i press it in-game and nothing happens and i tried it in all 5 games i have, i do know that some games don't have soft reset support, but i don't know which roms are compatible...a compatibly list would help but i can't find one.

I set the slow motion switch to R+sel and the slow motion level to 3, i press it in-game and nothing happens and i tried it in all 5 games i have!! HELP!!!!

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Try redownloading the firmware and delete the .sav file for the games and start from fresh. This is rare that cheat, softreset and everything else are corrupted at once.

Be sure to backup your data first.

3. HYPERMETAL
    OP

United States
    Soft Reset works on all games and is ok!...However Slow motion just hangs on some games until i let the buttons go...and cheats don't work [​IMG] ....

4. g6team

Hong Kong
    Slow motion only works for certain games. As far as cheat goes if you are using the default cheat file it should be working. To be sure the latest firmware is 2.1.

5. HYPERMETAL
    OP

United States
    hmmm...i got the 2.1 cheats file but it still won't work...

6. g6team

Hong Kong
    You may want to try deleting all the files and just reinstall the firmware again. Perhaps some files maybe corrupted.

7. HYPERMETAL
    OP

United States
    Ok it works fine! The cheat file was renamed wrong i think..it was in caps like CHEAT.DB so i renamed it to cheat.db...so thanks!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

oh i forgot, can i use the cheat.db file from the gbatemp web site? or do i have to use the one i have already?

8. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    The cheat.db over at http://cheats.gbatemp.net should work on the iTouch.

9. HYPERMETAL
    OP

United States
    ...ok, i just don't get why some of the 2.1 firmware cheats aren't working on most of my games. The gbatemp cheats you said Narin don't work ether! do i have to put the file any where specific?