ROM Hack Cheats Not Working :(

HR_Shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get AR and CB codes to work on Firered on the M3 all day. Whenever i convert them to .cht files, the game just crashes when i start it up. Does anyone know any other method besides using the M3 wiki's FAQ(the one involving AR Crypt, etc) to use AR, CB, OR Gameshark codes on the M3? Does Dipstar work with GBA, or just NDS?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do a search on GABSharky (homepage seems to be down of late).
You can use it to prepend cheats to a GBA rom.

Or you could use VBA, cheat on that and then export that save.

I will however say try some different cheats for pokemon uses mirrored data and a whole host of other tricks to discourage cheating.
If you could post your converted cheats that would be nice too.

HR_Shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a search on GABSharky (homepage seems to be down of late).
You can use it to prepend cheats to a GBA rom.

Or you could use VBA, cheat on that and then export that save.

I will however say try some different cheats for pokemon uses mirrored data and a whole host of other tricks to discourage cheating.
If you could post your converted cheats that would be nice too.

I tried using VBA, but whenever i start up Firered it gives the error:

QUOTEThe 1M circuit board is not installed.

Then i hit A or start to go on, and it automatically makes me start a new game, whether I have a save loaded or not. Any idea how to fix this, because if not, i'll just have to go back to trying to do all this complicated converted stuff.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do not worry about GABSharky it is not a virus (if you are going to get a early mirrored copy do check though), mondayz (the author) had his server hacked and the app replaced with a virus (this was probably the biggest upset to flashcarts until darkfader came along with the DS brickers), the person responsible for the virus came clean a bit later in life.

As for VBA my prefered version these days is either VBALink (link support stangely enough) or Kode54's builds (7zip and sse2 support to name but a few advantages), whatever you use though have a look under options -> emulator -> save type and set the options here.
Kode54's builds: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...r=asc&start=145
VBALink:
http://vbalink.wz.cz/

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BTW, i'm not going to use GABsharky. After doing some research I found this:

CLICK

Keep reading it and you will see the reason why it was a virus there.
It exist clean versions (at least 99% of all versions ARE virus free) and they DO work.
If people did some research back then instead of flaming that poor guy, more would have known about that program, and he would probably give the scene more great programs.
So go on and use GBAsharky, it works great. If you worry for a virus, do a virus scan, all antivirusprograms can find a 2.5 years old virus.

HR_Shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not worry about GABSharky it is not a virus (if you are going to get a early mirrored copy do check though), mondayz (the author) had his server hacked and the app replaced with a virus (this was probably the biggest upset to flashcarts until darkfader came along with the DS brickers), the person responsible for the virus came clean a bit later in life.

As for VBA my prefered version these days is either VBALink (link support stangely enough) or Kode54's builds (7zip and sse2 support to name but a few advantages), whatever you use though have a look under options -> emulator -> save type and set the options here.
Kode54's builds: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...r=asc&start=145
VBALink:
http://vbalink.wz.cz/

Should the save type thing fix my problem? if so, what should i select....
shy.gif

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try the savetype that the game uses (Pokemon Firered uses Flash1M which is Flash and Flash128k in savetypes).
...or since the M3 seems to save in SRAM, try SRAM and Flash128K.

HR_Shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! It worked, thx for the help. I'm not having problems with using cheats on VBA, just being able to save was the problem.

HR_Shadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh great, another problem:

I need to know how to convert .dat or .sav back to .sgm format so that if I want to add more cheats to my save, I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE