tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've been trying to use cheats for Sonic and the black knight called the Super jump cheat from the gaminghacking website. I downloaded the .txt file and ran it in code manager. Selected Super jump cheat and exported it as a .gct and a .txt file and then I put it in SD:\usb-loader\codes and also to my usb drive as G:\usb-loader\codes. I plugged both of the devices in my wii and booted up CFG usb-loader on my wii, clicked on sonic and the black knight, I clicked manage, manage cheats, and i see
"(RENE8P) Sonic and the Black Knight

[+] Cheats: Loading...

Unknown syntax!

1: 'Sonic and the Black Knight (Europe)'

Press any button...
Once I clicked A on my wii remote (Motion plus controller, RVL-036) and then I see three options showing me,"<download.txt> ","<save .gct>"," <Select all>" I clicked "<download.txt> " and I get a 404 error since geckoOS is down and I cant find anyway to change the cheat URL to gaminghacking(if that's possible). Clicking "<save .gct>" does nothing, and clicking "<Select all>" does nothing either.

I tried Neogamma (keep on getting a WBFS partition error), Wii Launcher won't even work since I launched the game from the channel ID "UENE" and it says
Channel ID: UENE
SD Codes Found. Applying
Cannot use the debugger, cheat codes or patches
My wii launcher settings are
Game Language: English
Force NTSC: NO
Force PAL60: NO
Force PAL50:NO
Gecko Hook Type: VBI
Load Debugger: NO
SD File Patcher : Yes
SD Cheats: Yes
Gecko Pause Start: No
Video Modes Patch: No Patch
Country String Patch: No
Aspect Ratio: No Patch
Save Config

Press B to return to menu
Gecko OS(you need a remote that doesn't have motion plus inside) , I tried USB loader GX and Im just stuck on initializing usb, For wiiflow I am just stuck on the "Wiiflow" logo no animated logo or nothing
Here's the SYScheck I did
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.07.2010
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 170928809
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 99 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 01/16/2021.

Homebrew app versions I'm using:
Code:
Wii launcher V. 0.2
neogamma : Version R9B56
usbloaderGX: 3.0 r1272
wiiflow 5.4.8

Reading the CFG guide doesn't help me with my solution either, i literally tried everything and there's like no fix to it.
Is there any solution to this?

Last edited by tempGuri,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/geckocodes-replacement.575038/

Manually grab it from here^

Or use a recently updated loader like this
https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

Or, wait a bit, and the next modmii update will have its cheat code Downloader fixed
Okay this seemed to fix my usb loader gx and its running, but whenever I select a game it just freezes my wii and my disc tray turns blue too,(I still hear the music playing and i can move the pointer but it wont let me click anything.)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can use modmii to rehack your wii and that will likely address the problem

Or to confirm this is the likely issue, you can post a Syscheck HDE report here and we'll tell u how it looks. Or u can load your syscheck using modmii and it will help u update just what's outdated

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or to confirm this is the likely issue, you can post a Syscheck HDE report here and we'll tell u how it looks. Or u can load your syscheck using modmii and it will help u update just what's outdated
i posted my syscheck in the post and also where do I load the syscheck on modwii? I installed it and im not seeing no load syscheck options.

edit: okay im going to try rehacking my wii, which exploit should I pick?and Does it wipe everything on my SD card?

Last edited by tempGuri,

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay I managed to look up a tutorial online, but I dont see a letter bomb showing up? Should I erase everything?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
https://modmii.github.io/

you can use modmii's syscheck updater feature, listed in the main menu, or drag and drop your syscheck file onto ModMii or a shortcut to ModMii (or ModMii Skin). Or you can right click and select open with ModMii

Sorry, I don't provide support for other online guides that are probably inferior. Pretty much the only one that I like as much as ModMii is wii.guide (and the complete softmod guide, but its a bit stale these days).

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://modmii.github.io/

you can use modmii's syscheck updater feature, listed in the main menu, or drag and drop your syscheck file onto ModMii or a shortcut to ModMii (or ModMii Skin). Or you can right click and select open with ModMii

Sorry, I don't provide support for other online guides that are probably inferior. Pretty much the only one that I like as much as ModMii is wii.guide (and the complete softmod guide, but its a bit stale these days).
Ah now i see it now, im going to download the following wads that it telling me.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
follow your custom guide, don't just go installing WADs without knowing what you are doing! That being said, installing any WAD in a 200+ slot can't brick you (unless somehow you're running an obscure customized version of the system menu which was designed to run off a 200+ IOS slot, but I've never heard of anyone every doing something like this)

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
follow your custom guide, don't just go installing WADs without knowing what you are doing! That being said, installing any WAD in a 200+ slot can't brick you (unless somehow you're running an obscure customized version of the system menu which was designed to run off a 200+ IOS slot, but I've never heard of anyone every doing something like this)
Yeah i followed the custom guide and installed the wads correctly, I did the SU check thing in modmii and it showed me what I was missing so it downloaded that to my SD card

edit: usb loader won't detect my usb now welp

Last edited by tempGuri,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did you also update your USB loader? Modmii may have given you an older version of GX than the one I linked to above. Maybe try a different loader, there are 2 other options in modmii

Was it detecting your USB loader before? What did u have installed to slot 249 before (let's see your original syscheck plz)? We should be able to reinstall the one that worked for u before if we can't come up with a better solution.

How is your HDD formatted? Is it a small flash/thumb drive?

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: tempGuri

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it was detecting it before but now its not. I tried WiiFlow and everytime i select a game it just turns black. CFG works perfectly and cheats works.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So your hard drive isn't detected... But cfg usb loader works perfectly? You see how it might be difficult to help when you are providing conflicting information? I'm guessing you are referring to usb loader gx only when you say your HDD isn't detected?? Is it detected by the hbc?

There were more Qs and comments in my last msg that you didn't respond to. If you can't be bothered to answer the Q's I'm asking to try and help you, then frankly you're wasting both our time.

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did u have installed to slot 249 before (let's see your original syscheck plz)? We should be able to reinstall the one that worked for u before if we can't come up with a better solution.
I dont know what I had installed on slot 249 before, the original syscheck would be the same one in my post right?

How is your HDD formatted?
My USB(where I load my wii games at) is NTFS(Im guessing this is where the problem is)
Is it a small flash/thumb drive?
Flash drive.

I'm guessing you are referring to usb loader gx

Let me rephrase, When i boot to usb loader gx my USB flash drive is not being detected. "Is it detected by hbc?" No? I'm not running hbc on my usb flash drive, running it on my sd card.

I'm asking to try and help you,

well I must've read over your Q's by speed reading it but I answered them.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm partially to blame, I didn't see your original syscheck (edit: or did you just add it? I see you recently edited the post with your syscheck). Sorry if my last message came off as overly harsh. But good news, I think we know how to move forward

Just to clarify what happened, using modmii you overwrote "IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52)" with "IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8-final)" --> these are essentially the same thing, but I think there was some minor compatibility improvements with v10beta52 that don't impact 99.9% of ppl, you might happen to fall under the 0.1% apparently, lol. That being said, it's not like v10-beta52 actually worked for you, you just got further with gx, so for now I'd say don't worry about changing this back, but we can always try that later on (to do so, in ModMii Classic, go to download page 4 [4], and then enter "Beta", then select v10-beta52. Then enter "rec" to select recommended cIOSs for download, then "D" then "y". When done, take the v10beta52 cIOS249 and 250 WADs ModMii just created, save them to you sd card's wad folder, and install them using a wad manager as you did before. Alternatively, if you re-run the process you already did from the beginning AFTER having changed modmii's d2x beta settings to use v10beta52, this will generate a guide for you to follow to accomplish the same thing but this time using v10beta52 instead of v8-final)

Anyway, now onto the real solution because your cIOSs are probably not the issue, as I said there are almost zero difference between v10beta52 and v8 final. The issue is 2 fold, first, thumb\flash drive generally have shit compatibility, if you can use a typical hard drive instead you will likely have better results (not to mention more space!). Also, you want to format whatever drive you use as FAT32. While NTFS works for a lot of things, it's not as stable especially when ripping discs. You can use modmii's usb-loader set up wizard for help on how to format your HDD as format 32, and other things related to a usb-loader.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: tempGuri

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(edit: or did you just add it?
Nope, I edited the post on monday and never touched then.
When done, take the v10beta52 cIOS249 and 250 WADs ModMii just created, save them to you sd card's wad folder, and install them using a wad manager as you did before.

Okay this worked!:toot: USB loader gx now sees my fat 32 usb, and now another issue is here, I don't see my wii games that I put in my flash drive, my wii games are in the "wbfs" folder and yet I don't see it.(probably related to this thread?)
edit: Can the wii read multiple partitions? I have about 3 partitions on my HDD that's on a caddy and when i plugged it in my wii I only see driver F: in my HDD. The driver letters I have are F:(What i use to boot to windows, I don't use it that much), H:(this is the target driver letter we are trying to get the wii to read since I have a wbfs folder in there), L:(this is what i used for riiconnect 24).

edit: Never mind All i had to do is switch the multiple partitions button on and it read my wbfs folder.

edit 2:
now another issue is here, I don't see my wii games that I put in my flash drive, my wii games are in the "wbfs" folder and yet I don't see it.(probably related to this thread?)
and never mind again my usb(my usb is now in ntfs since I had a little problem) now shows the games now? I'm assuming multiple partitions was on for it, and now I can see my Wii games in usb loader gx. Im going to try gamecube games and see if usb loader gx can read it.

Last edited by tempGuri,
Reactions: XFlak

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now another issue is here, I don't see my wii games that I put in my flash drive, my wii games are in the "wbfs" folder and yet I don't see it.(probably related to this thread?)

and never mind again it worked all of a sudden? I'm assuming multiple partitions was on for it, and now I can see my Wii games in usb loader gx.
Fat32 is required for GC games
Okay just got back from hell and i formatted my hdd to fat32 and transferred everything from my usb to my hdd and everything seems to be working now on usb loader gx and cfg loader even though I cant see my gamecube games. Thank you for your time!:D

edit: NVm I followed this video and cfg usb loader can read the gc games and usb loader gx.

Last edited by tempGuri,

tempGuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only gx will display gc games, but u may need to enable it in the options, and it definitely requires Nintendont saved to your external device as well
I enabled it in gx and ran the gc games and it seems to be working fine no problems on my end.

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: